It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Dangers of Nuclear Energy Overblown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

How ironic you would end your baseless claim that "the levels are too low for concern" with an emotive attack questioning anyone who disagrees rationality.

Please, show me evidence that radiation levels in Alberta Canada are of a health concern.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You are the one who suggested I was concerned with "radiation". I never mentioned it. I can guarantee the gross CPM count is the least of my concerns.

As for my post, you attacked my rationality, I provided evidence that I am a completely rational and open minded person.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well, if you haven't been keeping up to date with the tainted milk in Washington State, do not drink rainfall advisories in Virginia, and the fact that there's currently NO way to stop this from spewing radiation for potentially years, making the small amount around now add to future radiation then look around and find it yourself. While I honor your optimism, like most of what you have said so far, it's baseless.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Again, just a few reliable, credible links would substantiate your numerous claims. Not random blogs, or your opinion, credible sources. A simple request.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocktoon

I provided evidence that I am a completely rational and open minded person.

No, you stated an unsubstantiated claim about your level of college education. That is not 'evidence' of anything. I for example, can say I am a winged Pegasus with an enormous member. Really, take my word for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

There was a time I would have risen to your bait, but sadly, I have to inform you that you will have to keep casting for your entertainment tonight. You win. I'm a big fat liar.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by brocktoon

Al that huffing and puffing when all I asked for was some substantiation for your claims of imminent doom.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's too bad to see a thread like this go to the wayside when threads full of 'Dr. Paul' fanatics try really hard to paint a rosy picture of the man.

So just to reiterate-- Ron Paul thinks nuclear energy is a safe industry and that we should deregulate it completely.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Ahh, but therein lies the rub. Apparently, energy companies seem to be especially susceptible to cutting corners and disregarding risk when it comes to profit. How many examples of rampant incompetence, corruption and coverup have we seen over the years? How *much* has been lost already thanks to the energy industry's "business practices"? Worse yet, these are colluded in by (also corrupt) governments.
It is insanity to condone, let alone promote, the production of waste that stays lethal for 1000s of years and have zero means of genuinely, absolutely safe disposal.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OMG!!! The Good Doctor is nothing more than a paid government shill! Hahaha
Nukes for Texas, rake in the district cash to secure his seat, satisfy his globalist handlers hahaha, just like any good paid off politician would do. He is not of a different mould after all.
Ron Paul fanatics cannot hide from this one, dear leader is down the coruption poopshoot with the rest of em.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I wonder if we can get Jesse Ventura's view on Mr. Paul's opinion towards the safety of nuclear energy and the wisdom in deregulating it..... not likely.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

It could be somewhat worse than that. There is almost no chance that a company other than (Kellog) Brown and Root will be the builders and that the screw ups, delays, and cost overruns will be astronomical. Hugely crooked for all concerned. (:rubs fingers together

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

*BUMP*

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

And again, something worth considering when backing any politician!
line2

<< 1  2   >>

join