It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article Worth Reading: "As Time Goes By: UFOs and Time Distortions"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I really found this article interesting to read. There were stories included which included information I was unaware of and something to look forward to should I experience a UFO event.

UFOs: Time & Distortion

[Story]....Suddenly, another, identical bright light swooped down from the sky and hovered a short distance away. The two sisters decided the situation was becoming too strange and tried to drive away. “That’s when I discovered that the car had stopped and I couldn’t restart it,” Angie said. “Nothing worked, the lights, the radio, it was completely dead.” The two women also noticed an odd silence had descended over the area, accompanied by a strange feeling of isolation. Angie remembered that it seemed as if they were the only people in the world...

That’s when they discovered that instead of being after 9:00 p.m., as their wristwatches indicated, it was only 8:35 p.m. “It was as if the entire time we spent looking at those lights had never happened,” Angie said. “But it did happen, our watches both showed we had been stuck out there for over 20 minutes, but somehow we gained that time back with a few minutes to spare.

Distortions in Time and Space

One of the strangest aspects of some UFO encounters is the apparent distortion of time when a UFO is nearby. Researchers and writers have tried for years to understand and to interpret what happens before, during, and after a close contact with a UFO...others who have experienced a close contact with a UFO have reported apparent time distortions like the failure of car engines, a strange feeling of isolation (to the point where it is observed that no other vehicles or people are seen during the sighting), unusual silence, spatial changes, altered states of consciousness, and distortions in the flow of time.

Failure of Car Engines

The disruption of car motors, machinery, and electronic devices during a UFO event has been commonly reported. Thousands of these inexplicable stories have been duly recorded over the years and many volumes have been written in an attempt to understand the underlying principles involved.

The Oz Effect

Another notable feature of many cases is the sudden unusual silence and an overwhelming feeling of isolation in the proximity of a UFO. Many people have noted that normal sounds—birds, insects, traffic—suddenly stop just before and during a close UFO sighting. A man from Wisconsin reported that he had observed a UFO hovering over the treetops directly over his head once while deer hunting. He stated that the day had been windy and the trees were swaying and creaking pretty loudly in the breeze. What made him look up was the fact that all of a sudden the forest went “completely dead.” He noted that the trees had stopped moving as if “frozen in place.” That is when he noticed a strange, dark, triangle-shaped object floating over the trees.

UFOs and Time

Scientists brave (or foolhardy) enough to try and conduct proper research on the nature of UFOs have been unable to find satisfactory answers as to why UFOs seem to cause time distortions....Some physicists believe that it is possible to engineer space-time itself and to surround a spaceship with a local space-time in such a way that locally, the light barrier remains intact, while from the outside the ship is moving at faster-than-light velocity. UFOs that seem to rapidly accelerate, change direction, or even disappear are actually operating conservatively from the viewpoint of their own internal time rates.

If someone or something came close enough to a ship that was creating its own space-time, normal time and space, as they know it, would cease to exist for them, and they would come under the influence of the artificial space-time. This could explain some of the stranger aspects of UFO encounters, such as environmental sounds disappearing, isolation, the freezing of motors and electronic devices, and the feeling of time slowing down, stretching out, and losing all meaning. The UFO is literally creating an alteration in the local state of space-time, thus generating a major distortion effect that is experienced by the witness. Within this time anomaly the perceived forward motion of time could even disappear, allowing for the past, present, and future to intrude upon one another.

[More stories where this article is...read for yourself...]

I wonder what your thoughts are on this article. Moreover, I am quite interested in the "Oz Effect". What other effects can you potentially experience when encountering a UFO, and are there any VIDEOs out there which can prove these phenomena? Cheers.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I tend to think that considering how little we know about spacetime and how our consciousness interacts with it, it could be very possible that "real" UFOs may have some recognizable effect on the entire interaction. The question arises, however, as to whether it is the UFO generating the effect, or whether we are doing it, or if it's a kind of mutual distortion of reality that everyone (or thing) plays a part in.

Maybe it's just like Rod Serling used to say: "You're traveling through another dimension..." Who knows how that dimension might appear to us folks who are only used to experiencing the usual three or four.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

S&F for you Blueshift.

I think that we need to address the question of whether UFO's are physical, temporal, spiritual, dimensional, psychological or some mix of all of these.

The near absence of physical evidence, I believe, indicates that the UFO phenomena are not particularly physical but this does not neccesarily indicate that they are fantasy. The absence of particularly clear physical evidence does, however indicate that trying to chase out an explanation from a physical standpoint may be a fools errand.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread, because it suggests that upon meeting an extra-terrestrial life form, you are beyond time and space. Its quite hard to get you're head around, not being affected by time, so if that's the case, if they were with the life forms long enough, could it be possible to age, and then as the encounter finishes, you return back to your original self?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheScepticBeliever
This is a very interesting thread, because it suggests that upon meeting an extra-terrestrial life form, you are beyond time and space. Its quite hard to get you're head around, not being affected by time, so if that's the case, if they were with the life forms long enough, could it be possible to age, and then as the encounter finishes, you return back to your original self?

Yeah, I agree. There have been many UFO sightings and all, but we haven't really seen anything unusual caught on video these experiences. The feeling of going beyond time and space is like going into quantum theory, where light, emotions, and mind, even time, are distorted.

But if you think about it, time travel can be made possible given the 'right' physics conditions. It is tough to wrap the mind around for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
The absence of particularly clear physical evidence does, however indicate that trying to chase out an explanation from a physical standpoint may be a fools errand.

It would certainly appear that way, considering that for the last 60 years or so everybody looking for a nut, bolt, or ashtray from a flying saucer has either come up empty or with something that can't be proven as anything not of this earth. And these weren't dopes, either. People like Stan Friedman have been around since the get-go, waving his blacked out pages and going on about ET ships, but he sure hasn't come up with any hard, positive evidence.

It's unfortunate, though, that trying to come up with other potential avenues of exploration can be so easily bogged down by a lot of fuzzy, New Age nonsense. And by "nonsense," I mean the use of certain terms that have no good definitions. I know what a "dimension" is, or a "vibration," but it's not easy to define those things in such a way that they can be used as testable variables.

Imagine moving with time like you're in a boat on a river, going in one direction, the scenery changing as you pass. Then imagine moving at a right angle to the flow, where the scenery doesn't change, but the water does. That's hard to put into an equation or apply to a description of a sighting as a case study.

So there may be answers to be found by concentrating on the strangeness aspects of UFOs, but we're still not even able to come up with good questions.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Check out this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In reply to your question:
The article is ok, but nothing new there. still, nice to read if you just got interested in the phenomena.
Another interesting thing that has been reported is displacement, people waking up far from where they saw the ufo.
oh, I also read a few stories where people smelled Ozon
edit on 16-3-2011 by Morrel because: (no reason given)

Edit : went looking for some stories about the ozon smell since what I remembered comes from books I read a long time ago.
ufodna.com...
ufo-tv.com...
www.aliendave.com...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Morrel because: added some links

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Morrel

Thanks! I had a great read of that thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Good post, I enjoyed the read but for me, it's all very well scientists conducting research on why these UFOs cause distortions in time, but surely a scientist being a scientist using scientific methods would first prove that a UFO is real?

That's my two cents anyway.

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Star and Flag, Great Post!! Keep up the good work!!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Very interesting read, if i recall there is a number of UFO cases that were contained in "Blue Book" of UFO cases that involved missing time, electoral manipulation and vehicle engine manipulation or engine failure in the vicinity of UFOs;

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

very interesting. never thought of ufos creating a localized space-time effect. if this was somehow proven to be true (unlikely) it would explain alot of the phenomena experienced by people who have seen a ufo first hand and more importantly, what many abductees have claimed to experience.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by TheScepticBeliever

Yeah, I agree. There have been many UFO sightings and all, but we haven't really seen anything unusual caught on video these experiences. The feeling of going beyond time and space is like going into quantum theory, where light, emotions, and mind, even time, are distorted.

But if you think about it, time travel can be made possible given the 'right' physics conditions. It is tough to wrap the mind around for sure.

I guess if one of these experiences were caught on tape, you'd get tonnes of debunkers claiming it was just a scam to get more views for something. Its horrible, even though people may speak the truth, the truth is treated as a lie, and therefore is not taken into account

I've always wondered what would happen if we invented time travel, would we be affected by the change in space n time, or would we be beyond it, and still age naturally?

So many questions, not enough answers I guess
edit on 17-3-2011 by TheScepticBeliever because: i failed in quoting a comment made by the OP

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Listen to this recently released video, this gentleman explains his UFO sighting in the woods. He says all the crickets, noises of the night COMPLETELY dissipated and fell dead silent for 30 sec before and also after his UFO sighting. Correlates nicely with your thread.

Cheers!
--GeminiSky

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well, I will add to this thread the next article:

www.ignaciodarnaude.com...

It shows that the parapsychic phenomena are a part of the problem and there is need of a
new physics which can explain them.

In the frames of darkfieldnavigator.com... they can be explained. I'm not so deep into
the physics but according to this theory IMO the UFOs can eat time and every free energy
mechanism will cause time distortions. As to the parapsychic phenomena we have to
understand only the hybrid connection between the mind and the body.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Alcubierre drive, aka warp drive technology. If you use electromagnetism or some similar process to warp space for FTL, who knows what the proxy effects would be?

It is like approaching a black hole. From the perspective of the person moving towards a black hole things would slow down, from the perspective of some one outside the black hole things are speeding up.

Pretty much a kind of gravitational pollution, originally an unintended consequence that could be manipulated for intentional results.

new topics

top topics

join