It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Address to the Plebeians of The United States of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I know this is random, but I did something in the last Pres. election that every American who can vote should do... I wrote in my own name for President. If we all wrote our own names in, we would be able to see what the gov. is doing more clearly. As far as who the electoral college would elect and how the three branches would handle millions of different votes for president. Like I said, I know this is random, but what do we have to lose?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Here's just one tiny little part of a bill that uses guns to make people love each other:

www.ourdocuments.gov...

SEC. 202. All persons shall be entitled to be free, at any establishment or place, from discrimination or segregation of any kind on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin, if such discrimination or segregation is or purports to be required by any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule, or order of a State or any agency or political subdivision thereof.

SEC. 203. No person shall (a) withhold, deny, or attempt to withhold or deny, or deprive or attempt to deprive, any person of any right or privilege secured by section 201 or 202, or (b) intimidate, threaten, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any person with the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by section 201 or 202, or (c) punish or attempt to punish any person for exercising or attempting to exercise any right or privilege secured by section 201 or 202.

SEC. 204. (a) Whenever any person has engaged or there are reasonable grounds to believe that any person is about to engage in any act or practice prohibited by section 203, a civil action for preventive relief, including an application for a permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order, or other order, may be instituted by the person aggrieved and, upon timely application, the court may, in its discretion, permit the Attorney General to intervene in such civil action if he certifies that the case is of general public importance. Upon application by the complainant and in such circumstances as the court may deem just, the court may appoint an attorney for such complainant and may authorize the commencement of the civil action without the payment of fees, costs, or security.

(b) In any action commenced pursuant to this title, the court, in its discretion, may allow the prevailing party, other than the United States, a reasonable attorney's fee as part of the costs, and the United States shall be liable for costs the same as a private person.

(c) In the case of an alleged act or practice prohibited by this title which occurs in a State, or political subdivision of a State, which has a State or local law prohibiting such act or practice and establishing or authorizing a State or local authority to grant or seek relief from such practice or to institute criminal proceedings with respect thereto upon receiving notice thereof, no civil action may be brought under subsection (a) before the expiration of thirty days after written notice of such alleged act or practice has been given to the appropriate State or local authority by registered mail or in person, provided that the court may stay proceedings in such civil action pending the termination of State or local enforcement proceedings.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hey Cows are smarter than you think...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

MrMarc are you saying that you received some inside information after you lost the election? If so can you scan that info and post it for all of us to see. Sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
I know this is random, but I did something in the last Pres. election that every American who can vote should do... I wrote in my own name for President. If we all wrote our own names in, we would be able to see what the gov. is doing more clearly. As far as who the electoral college would elect and how the three branches would handle millions of different votes for president. Like I said, I know this is random, but what do we have to lose?

They will just ignore it and install who ever they picked and everyone will just think not enough people wrote themselves in to make any difference. Ballots need to be paper ballots counted in public with witnesses. Until then it does not matter how anyone votes they can claim the election results anyway they want as long s the people refuse to verify the vote.

Having said that why even vote? Since when do you or I have authority to tell others someone else has authority over thier lives and property?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

voting provides legitimacy to an illegitimate institution.

For example:

Let us say an Italian mafia family went around to the store owners it collects protection money from and told the store owners that they now had a say in who ran the mafia organization.

The store owners could chose from a select list of individuals and vote for who they wanted to be the Don of the mafia family.

The store owners, feeling empowered, vote for the mafia don that they feel will cause them the least amount of grief and offer them the most amount of "protection" from other mafia families.

Does this make the mafia a legitimate source of government?

By the standards of our government - yes.

Of course, the mafia in my example is not any more legitimate than our government is.

A benefit the mafia has in its favor over government though is that it is open about why it exists and what its purpose is. It doesn't try to hide behind academics and political subterfuge.

The mafia is a more honest organization than government.

edit on 17-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It would still be interesting to see. Plus, how many people can say that they got a vote for president? I got 2, my cousin wrote me in too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join