It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Address to the Plebeians of The United States of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As your President, I feel it is important that you understand where I stand on the issues.

Let’s take Affirmative Action as an example.

Is it possible to end racism by threating people with violence?

How is a political body supposed to end racism?

If Billy Bob the sporting goods store owner is a redneck racist bigot who hates blacks simply because they are black, and absolutely refuses to hire blacks, is the problem of his racism solved by having some agent of the State hold a gun to his head and demand he hire blacks anyways?

Of course, racism is a two way street. If Jamal the barber shop owner is a Black Panther raging racist that hates white people, is the problem of Jamal’s racism solved by having an agent of the State hold a gun to his head, forcing him to hire a white barber on to his staff?

Clearly such actions would only serve to make Billy Bob and Jamal MORE racist, not less.

Let’s take another one, Gay Rights.

Just like in our previous example, holding a gun to someone’s head isn’t going to make them love gay people. However, the gays do have a somewhat legitimate beef with the marriage laws. Of course, the question I have is – what right does the State have to license any marriage at all?

As your president, you are demanding that I not only grant permission to hetro people to get married, but that I also grant permission to gay people to get married? Why in the hell should I be granting anyone permission to get married at all?

WTF OVER?

Do you really want me licensing your religious and personal lives? If you do, you are insane.

How about this one - Free Trade.

This is put out there as if I have some kind of responsibility for making sure this doesn’t occur… or is it my responsiblity to make sure it does occur?

Never mind, it doesn’t really matter, because if you actually want me directing which private citizens can engage in trade with one another, then you are literally insane. The notion that I have some kind of personal responsibility to manage what and how private citizens trade with one another is so asinine that I have to wonder what the hell kind of drugs you are on. I am your president, not your personal economist.

Lets look at Agriculture.

I am not a farmer you morons, I’m a president. You shouldn't expect me to tell farmers how to run their operations, and you certainly shouldn’t expect me to rob people in order to subsidize the farmers.

How about Infrastructure & Technology.

I am not a Network Systems Engineer you morons, I’m a president. You shouldn’t expect me to tell private engineers how to run their operations, and you certainly shouldn’t expect me to rob people in order to subsidize the IT industry. Stop asking me about “Net Neutrality” and start asking yourselves why the hell I should be managing the IT infrastructure of the nation, when clearly I have no idea WTF I AM DOING OVER.

Lets look at Gun Control.

So half of you are saying the way to end gun violence is for me to order an agent of the State to hold a gun to an otherwise peaceful person’s head and rob them of their firearms.

This makes total sense, if you are a homicidal maniac with the IQ of a cow.

Clearly using gun violence to solve the problem of gun violence simply changes the person engaging in said act of gun violence. It is not my job to send armed men around looting people of their guns at gun point.

And on and on and so forth.

Basically you people are all retarded if you want me running your life.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
lol I have to say I did get a kick out of reading that. Lots to be read between the lines there!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
very interesting thread and as for my vote on election day you got mine

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I love it. Truly a professional professor of word-smithing. You should be a publicist of some sort.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe most people who are going to read this are going to agree...but try telling this to those who refuse to read conspiracy forums because they're so close minded that they think it's all a a bunch of rubbish...how is it that we get a message across to these people who do nothing but flock to the ideals brought fourth by the MSM?

Hopefully the message can get through to these people that having "big brother" always there with his watchful eye is not such a good thing...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Great post! Eye do believe though that Jamal should be Michael, who owned a book store and that Billy Bob should be Michael who owned a book store.

How ironic it is that we have traded true sovereignty and "freedom" for laws. Eye mean come on...laws take away freedom.

But hey mister Pres...did you ponder who runs your life?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
Awesome read!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Yeah, the point of the thread is simply to point out that the government only has one tool at its disposal.

A gun.

The president is incapable of actually solving any problem simply because he does not have the tools to do so.

Only private citizens acting in their own self interest can solve the problems that personally plague them on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Only private citizens acting in their own self interest can solve the problems that personally plague them on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, our average citizen's only plague is if they want fries with that. Or they're too damned scared of jail. Heck, I'd actually be able to watch cable then.
(if I went to jail)
edit on 16/3/2011 by TravellingFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

WTF OVER?

I'll be expecting a royalty check for that!

Good post. However, I submit another tool used by the Federal government, is our money. Undue pressure and hardship is placed upon the States, via threats of and actual withheld funding and through unfunded mandates.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Great thread

As usual I agree as close to 100% with you as I do with anyone.

Sadly we have become a nation that not only fears others being free......but even fear freedom for ourselves. I am begining to think that we .......as a nation........deserve the slave chains being forged link by link on us, because we are too cowardly for freedom.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Withheld funding sounds like another type of "gun" to me, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Awesome post!

Thanks for that, if only more people thought like you.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

WTF OVER?

I'll be expecting a royalty check for that!

Good post. However, I submit another tool used by the Federal government, is our money. Undue pressure and hardship is placed upon the States, via threats of and actual withheld funding and through unfunded mandates.

And where do those funds come from? Why doesn't the state just keep its own funds and not expect Mr. president to rob other states at gun point of thier funds on its behalf

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
And as your president you are demanding I hold a gun to your head and force you to use worthless notes (FRN's) as your currency from a private banking cartel known as the federal reserve. If that is what you want me to do then you are retarded, insane, and of low IQ. Why should it be my business what any one uses for currency? Why should it be anyone's business but those involved in the transaction? I could care less if you use beads, sea shells, gold and silver, or worthless notes. If you want me to do that you must have been dropped on your head when you were a baby...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ah, Mnmeth. Still spreading your delusional disinformation far and wide, I see.

1) You have no idea at all how any of the systems you've mentioned actually work.

2) Your entire argument hinges on the supposition that there is the threat of murder involved, which is, to put it simply, a lie.

3) Together, the wondertwins of ignorance and lying have combined to form an argument that is Not even Wrong with a side of Complex Question Fallacy.

At least you seem to be keeping yourself entertained.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Ah, Mnmeth. Still spreading your delusional disinformation far and wide, I see.

1) You have no idea at all how any of the systems you've mentioned actually work.

2) Your entire argument hinges on the supposition that there is the threat of murder involved, which is, to put it simply, a lie.

3) Together, the wondertwins of ignorance and lying have combined to form an argument that is Not even Wrong with a side of Complex Question Fallacy.

At least you seem to be keeping yourself entertained.

PERHAPS NOT"MURDER" but certainly the threat of fines and incarceration. I think o.p. was directly on target and . If i could hear that from a politician I'd probably fall head over heels for it and pull the lever one more time...
edit on 17-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

PERHAPS NOT"MURDER" but certainly the threat of fines and incarceration. I think o.p. was directly on target and . If i could hear that from a politician I'd probably fall head over heels for it and pull the lever one more time...

if you resist fines and incarceration they will murder you just like most criminals that hold a gun to you head will do if you resist them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

That was great!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
edit on 17-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Nope, not even that. Not in any of Mnemeth's "examples" are there fines, much less incarcerattion. Certainly no guns to heads.

Like the first one. Affirmative Action. There are zero regulations on this. There is no sort of enforcement. Why? Because it runs on the honor system and the assumption of good-faith efforts. Yeah, that's right. Affirmative action is 100% voluntary for the owner of a given business. What's more, for those who opt in, the two determining factors are job qualification and local demographics. The owner of the business evaluates both, sets his own goal for qualified woman / local minority hires, and then, if this goal is not met... Nothing happens. Nobody runs up and jams a gun to his face, there are no fines, no handcuffs. he just resets his goal and tries to fill it the next year. And the year after that. And yeah, it goes off local demographics. An employer working to meet his goals would consider you a minority if you are the only white guy in town.

The only "penalty" for either opting out of AA or not acting in good faith to meet your goal (you don't even actually have to meet it, just make the effort) is that your business will not be awarded government contracts. Since these are not a guarantee or right anyway, it's not even really a penalty.

What's more, no one has ever prescribed it as a remedy against racism, except in the abstract sense that an integrated workplace tends to discourage racism. The actual goal is to prevent qualified women or minorities from being shut out of positions that they have every ability to fill - and yes, they do have to be qualified for the position, it's not as if some Latino guy who's driven a truck for a living all his life can just show up to ask for a job in computer engineering and get hired because his name is Alvarez.

If you heard this guy's stuff from a politician, you'd be getting lied to, hard.
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join