It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAPAN: Just 48 hours to avoid 'another Chernobyl' -- VIDEO & COMPARISON CHART INSIDE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I heard that Indian experts, as well GE people trying to help.
But they should have brought the Russians in to run the show on day 2.
They brought in a one million man Russian Army to solve Chernobil...some are still alive and willing to help.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Dry Ice to Help Cool Japanese Nuclear Meltdown-- Almost Freeze the Seawater as it is applied.

First time poster with eyes on the disaster unfolding in Japan. Devastation there has surpassed unimaginable and is headed to inconceivable in a hurry. In the day in age of distracting viral videos and hollywood, I pray this post finds its way through that atrocious maze to help all those in harms way. By no means is this a solution to the problem, but I believe it can be an immediate application to attempt cooling in the meltdown to doomsday. We need to at least attempt to lower the temperature of the seawater flooding the containment vessels. This should be easily deduced to the point of how much of a dry ice core is needed at the center of the flooding pipes/hoses to almost freeze the water applied. Also could be added to helicopter dumps. Sure this may only change the water by 30 degrees or so, but right now I feel every idea is needed. Godspeed to all those in harms way. We need ideas now people. Time to focus. What about divide and conquer? Can we find a way to siphon off small amounts of the nuclear pool enabling temperature to be managed more effectively. There is a solution people.... find it!

Dry Ice Facts from Wiki

Plumbers use equipment that forces pressurised liquid CO2 into a jacket around a pipe; the dry ice formed causes the water to freeze, forming an ice plug, allowing them to perform repairs without turning off the water mains. This technique can be used on pipes up to 4 in (100 mm) in diameter.[22]

Dry ice is also useful for the de-gassing of flammable vapours from storage tanks — the sublimation of dry ice pellets inside an emptied and vented tank causes an outrush of CO2 that carries with it the flammable vapours.[28]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Your link claims Japan is at a level 4......

from what I'm hearing it's more like a level 6

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
To the BRAVEST 50 men and women on earth right now......may God bless them and let's pray they succeed for the sake of their nation and the whole world.

These 50 human beings are heroes in my books.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Chernobyl was graphite based...this is merely water, Chernobyl burnt for weeks if not months before it was extinguished therefore more radioactive waste spewed out further.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Your post just made me think of BP and the Gulf spill. The way they were allowed complete control over a situation that was so serious and now another company is in charge of a much greater disaster.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Would like to say that we can't expect a devasted country that is shocked as hell, struggling just to provide accommodation, warmth, food, water to many of its people AND still has areas that search and rescue have not yet reached, to simply cope and diffuse their nuclear problem reactors by utilising methods that many think should be employed. The actual physical operating time inside the plants is so little per worker and all has to be carried out mechanically by hand.

I heard on RT News an Indian lady advising viewers about Japanese Law on this situation. Current thinking says a design fault on the reactors is to blame. The company who designed the reactors is American. However the Operating Company is Japanese. Under Japanese Law the American Company cannot be sued.

I would wonder if that could change if the contamination area reaches other countries who would seek to sue on the basis of design fault. By letting corporations dodge their mistakes it means that nothing changes so perhaps we are at a cross road for letting legal tools stop necessary change to be implemented under certain circumstances.
I would recommend watching today's Max Keiser Report on RT News. He interviewed a man who gave his opinion on cyber money and the cyber world we live in. I don't care for the money markets and think its time to create a new financial model. Our current cyber financial model has meant the Japanese Government 'was obliged' to put huge sums of money into this cyber world; but I did wonder whether, the Japanese Government would not have been better spending their money repairing and rebuilding their country and the health of their citizens.

I always think of the story of the husband coming home to his wife, sitting down head in hands. She asks whats the matter. He replies "I owe Tom money" At that moment Tom goes by the house. Wife leaps over to the window and starts to open it. Husband - "What are you doing?" Her reply is twofold. leaning out, she shouts.."Oi Tom, you know that money John owes you, well he can't pay it!"and slams the window shut. She looks at John on her way to the kitchen and says - "Now its his problem!". I wish most countries would do this becaue this money is cyber money, it never was real.- you must see the Keiser intervew his guest puts it so much better.

I'll run for cover now as I expect there are people who will wish to explain what a silly billy I am over my financial thoughts

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This good piece of news is about to circulate worldwide.......

______beforeitsnews/story/489/382/Japan_Nuclear_Crisis_Over.html

Lets hope it's true

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Thats interesting.......were they all American design?

yet Japan Electric are contracted to build at least 2 new nuclear reactors in the USA.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here's a documentary on Chernobyl for people to get an idea or those who are not aware of what a Chernobyl like incident means to the people and workers,

edit on 17-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Chernobyl was graphite based

Correct me if I am wrong. Nuclear reactors have fuel rods, these are steel tubes with uranium pellets. They also have control rods which have graphite to pick up neutrinos to stop them from impacting an atom of uranium and splitting it.

I believe the fail safe system for the Japanese reactors is different from most, as most use gravity in the event of failure to drop the rods down and stop the reaction, where as the Japanese reactor requires hydraulics to insert them.

Chernobyl was Chernobyl because of the explosion while the reactor was live, which exposed the rods and caused fires. We can still have several reactors meltdown in Japan without a devastating explosion.

Japan, at least the region close to the plant, is screwed for a few years at least.
edit on 17-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hope this is true.....

______beforeitsnews/story/489/382/Japan_Nuclear_Crisis_Over.html

just came on the wires now

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Hi as there is a different fuel in one of them don't know, the news reader didn't specify.

If one goes round a power station on an open day you cannot miss with a coal fired one, the amount of dust everywhere, I was in the ladies which the cleaner came in, she did the toilets etc and when she left, within a space of 5 odd minutes there was a fresh layer of coal dust on the seats. All around the area bronchitis all sorts of related industrial diseases were rife. On visiting a nuclear station, one noticed the cleanliness etc I won't cover the obvious here I suspect whatever source of power, due to the vast amounts we have to produce and consume may well have some form of adverse effect on either humanity or our environment.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Nuclear "Power" industry is designed for the long-term goal of killing people.

There is NO WAY to eliminate the radioactive poop these "power" plants create. It just piles up until an "accident" happens and destroys a huge chunk of land and the lives of millions.

Imagine if you had to carry around with you all the poop you ever made. Sooner or later you are going to have an "accident" and all the poop will get spread around.

Nuclear "Power" plants are gigantic exterminations machines. Clean power my butt. More like human "bug bombs" just awaiting the right time to be activated.

The planet has plenty of oil, coal, and natural gas to power all our needs.

Every nuke "power" plant needs to be shut down. They are not here to provide power.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Ok, but what about this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Quite right!

The problems are within 30 km of the reactor. And to give you a flavour for that, when Chernobyl had a massive fire at the graphite core, material was going up not just 500m but to 30,000ft (10km). It was lasting not for the odd hour or so but lasted months, and that was putting nuclear radioactive material up into the upper atmosphere for a very long period of time. But even in the case of Chernobyl, the exclusion zone that they had was about 30km. And in that exclusion zone, outside that, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate people had problems from the radiation.

Come what may!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join