It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JAPAN: Just 48 hours to avoid 'another Chernobyl' -- VIDEO & COMPARISON CHART INSIDE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Japan has 48 hours to bring its rapidly escalating nuclear crisis under control before it faces a catastrophe "worse than Chernobyl", it was claimed on Wednesday night.

As Japan resorted to increasingly desperate measures - including dumping water on the site from helicopters - there were accusations that the situation was now "out of control".

VIDEO:
www.calgaryherald.com...

NUCLEAR DISASTER COMPARISON CHART:
www.scribd.com...

I heard reports of this being 2 million times worse due to MOX, however.. I saw this on the A.J Show.
Can anyone confirm?...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
FEAR MONGER!!!

Waiting for the sheep to start claiming so at least..

I know where your coming from 420 I wouldn't want to be anywhere near
the *new Chernobyl*

More bad news but the truth is what we need...

I'm for not sure *being 2 million times worse* I heard AJ talking about it also
he tends to sensationalize things (I enjoy the show).
We know how Alex Jones blows things out of proportion a bit thats his thing anyhoot..

I'm not going to pretend to be a nuclear scientist but think about 2millionX's thats
unimaginable.

I'm sure it could be WAY worse maybe 3x or 5x but 2 million>?

The cold weather is not helping, I would be out of Japan..

Call me a fear monger but if I could leave i'd be gone!!
edit on 16-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
DBL
edit on 16-3-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I do think this will set a new precedent as it will surpass Chernobyl in damage, creating a new lvl for scaling Nuclear disasters...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I quoted article directly.

Originally posted by hillynilly

I'm not going to pretend to be a nuclear scientist but think about 2millionX's thats
unimaginable.

I'm sure it could be WAY worse maybe 3x or 5x but 2 million>?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well the British Government is telling Nationals that they should leave Japan asap due to the nuclear crisis.

The BBC World Service is hinting that the Governments of the world may be getting more direct information.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This disaster has already dwarfed 3 mile island by a long shot, and will make Chernobyl look like spilled milk. Don't know why they're even comparing it to previous disasters anymore - it's way worse.
edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think it is time for that private company be removed as they seem to be making things worse and refusing to give the Japanese government the proper information. It has got to the point where the problem has escalated to something outside of their knowledge/experience. Remove this company by force if need be, and let the international community come in and see what they can do, if anything at all can be done at this point. This is another example of private corporations screwing things up for everyone else and use this as a case in point for governments to pull in the reigns on corporate entities. It is obvious they are concerned with the well being of the corporation instead of the people. Again, another example money getting in the way of doing the right thing. How much longer are we going to allow corporations run this world?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Fingers are crossed..

Thanks for the back reference..

I sure hope it is not 2million x's worse..

I am not THAT familiar with the MOX fuel
but I have been reading up about it now,

Either way THIS IS A BAD SITUATION!!!!
Not to fear monger lets face reality..

2 MILLION X'S MORE MY BRAIN CAN'T GRASP IT!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just heard that the US did arrive in Japan today and went to the plant and found fuel rods completely exposed. This is why all the "dire" warnings started coming out all of sudden. I do not know if anything is being done now or not, but some truth seems to be coming out. What a cluster F@#%. This corporation needs to have all business licenses revoked and no longer allowed to operate anything other than their own automobiles, if that.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Remember we have 3-4 recators going crazy not one like all past accedents

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I just heard that the US did arrive in Japan today and went to the plant and found fuel rods completely exposed. This is why all the "dire" warnings started coming out all of sudden. I do not know if anything is being done now or not, but some truth seems to be coming out. What a cluster F@#%. This corporation needs to have all business licenses revoked and no longer allowed to operate anything other than their own automobiles, if that.

Japan has virtually no history of whistle blowing, so corporate corruption is rampant. Japan needs to wake up and start smelling the saki, before they end up with an uninhabitable island.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The fact of the matter in all of this and i guess will be huge debate when this crisis is over is that the power plants should never have been placed there in the first place. It is a geologically unsafe environment and to place them on the coastline vunerable to the waves is plain crazy. Of course the water would have caused havoc as the emergency generators broke down due to the flooding. The UN should debate this and pass an International/Global law banning the use of nuclear power in countries that are geologically unstable. But in doing so provide those countries with funds to use green fuels ie wind, sun, hydro/water power.

I really do think that things may well change post nuke disaster in Japan, what ever the outcome. This could be the global wake up call the world needs in regards to the use of Nuclear Power and perhaps usher in a New Age of power consumption? Perhaps nuclear power will even be abandoned altogether! Dangerous and dirty technology.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

agree but still, now one can forsee a 20 ft wave crashing inland

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It does not matter where they place a reactor, there is always a chance of something happening. A plane could crash into it, then people will complain that it should not have been put in flight paths. A rock could fall out of the sky and people would complain that it should not have been put in the path of the rock. They could put one on a mountain and then a landslide would take it out, then people would complain it should not have been put on a mountain. So, where would one be placed, where it is completely safe?

The real fact of the matter is, it does not matter where one is put the emergency will eventually find the reactor regardless of where it is located. Woulda coulda shoulda.

However, this catastrophe has a lot of things we can learn, provided we act upon it and utilize what we learn. Mainly, finding a way for corporations to be accountable for their actions, especially when they find that they are in over their heads.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I saw this on the A.J Show.
Can anyone confirm?...

This is the problem - we have people like AJ blowing it out of all proportion at one end, and the Japanese government playing it down at the other end. The truth could be anywhere in between.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think it is time for that private company be removed as they seem to be making things worse and refusing to give the Japanese government the proper information. It has got to the point where the problem has escalated to something outside of their knowledge/experience. Remove this company by force if need be, and let the international community come in and see what they can do, if anything at all can be done at this point. This is another example of private corporations screwing things up for everyone else and use this as a case in point for governments to pull in the reigns on corporate entities. It is obvious they are concerned with the well being of the corporation instead of the people. Again, another example money getting in the way of doing the right thing. How much longer are we going to allow corporations run this world?

I don't think the Japanese government is not getting the "proper information"--they're collaborating with the company to downplay the effects of this meltdown. It's obvious--they evacuate the plant and then tell us that "there's nothing to worry about at this time"--meanwhile the deception is getting so bad that the rest of the world is calling Japan's BS on the information being released. Japan is pulling a USSR with this one--how sad for the population there--they could save alot more lives if they would just tell the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Japan has virtually no history of whistle blowing, so corporate corruption is rampant. Japan needs to wake up and start smelling the saki, before they end up with an uninhabitable island.

Exactly--the Japanese government is so obsessed with their "efficency" and "honor"--all we've heard for decades is how Japan does EVERYTHING better. And the government there would rather keep that BS alive for a few more days until the whole thing goes to hell rather than be honest and evacuate as many as possible from Tokyo and surrounding areas.

How will the government of Japan live with themselves after 30+ million people begin to succomb to radiation posioning? What a dark day for humanity.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I disagree, the Japanese government has been at the whim of this stupid company running the reactor. I only fault the Japanese for not having a set of brass balls to make demands on this company to give full disclosure and force them out when they realized the company was over their head. I think the Japanese has only been making decisions off of the limited info they have been receiving.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am not sure what all materials are required and just how much of them to 'entomb' these reactors, but I imagine that behind the scenes they have been quietly trying to acquire and secure those, and get them logistically in place to Japan which I would imagine is a process that would take at least several days to a few weeks.

In the meantime they need to put on a good show that it wasn't what they were planning on doing all along, and that these materials aren't stored in a central place with the kind of serious pre-planning I think we would all like to see with something as potentially dangerous as nuclear power.

The funny thing is, bad economies and outsourcing have probably made the people who make the materials required fewer in number and further away than really would be convenient at a time like this.

It's not like that plant is repairable or salvagable but if they put on a good enough show of an heroic struggle they are banking on no one getting wise to the proper safety materials not being in place for quickly entombing a plant in such a disaster.

We really would be well served to stop letting our corporate corrupted governments pretend to be serving us.

edit on 16/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join