It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Gold from Seawater technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was reading the thread on the Wako Tower from the Illuminati Card Game and noticed from cards posted that there is a "Midas Mill" card depicting gold being harvested from sea water (card game was from 1995). I have heard of this technology over the years but it was not economical to do (yet). Does anyone know anymore about this technology? It wouldnt surprise me that they come out with this as we approach $2000 gold and drive it down to $700 again with the vastly increased supply (assuming they can do it for < $700/oz).

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
LOL is this for real??
You know gold is a chemical element right??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

i found this on another forum linky , never thought about it before i read your post
a boat and a bit of skill and you will have your own mobile mini gold mine

edit on 16-3-2011 by Kalomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is why i don't buy metals, the market can swing and currencies can be manipulated.
2nd line reserved for a witty line, if i could just think of one.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Right.....after reading a few sites its clear that there would not be...and never will be a way of extracting it without HUGE costs...and little return.
At the rate of 0.1mg per tonne....or 0.1mg/ m3...your looking at what...a few tonnes at most...and centuries of work

EDIT: Changed to mg not g per tonne.
Roughly 1.5 billion tonnes of water on earth....so total gold in ALL the oceans on the planet would be 150 tonnes. Totally not worth going to the expense to get....you would have to filter every single drop of every single ocean...which would take hundreds...if not thousands of years to achieve.
edit on 16-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yes, the element Au, atomic number 79, atomic weight 196.666....
You do know that gold in minute elemental form is in seawater dont you?
Much of it from erosion and run off.....Google it for the estimated $ value.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lets just say a tonne of gold is worth $35,000,000 x 150 = $5.25 billion.
How much would it cost to do this?? $10 billion....$20 billion??? The cost of filtering billions of litres of seawater is going to far exceed what you pull from the oceans...hence its never been done.
If this were financially viable it would have been done a long time ago

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
you could be thinking of ormus powdered gold, if you search ormus you will find a few threads on it. im still pretty interested in the stuff for more philisophical properties than the monetary value, but this may answer your question on what gold can be extracted from seawater. ormus

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Gold is so heavy it really wouldn't be found suspended in water to any great extent. It would be found in the deep crevices and at this point iot would just cost more to harvest it that the value.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Gold is so heavy it really wouldn't be found suspended in water to any great extent. It would be found in the deep crevices and at this point iot would just cost more to harvest it that the value.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

In fact, gold emulsions are very much possible.

I have to agree with others here though. The cost in terms of money as well as in terms of all of the marine life you'll be killing would be horrendous in comparison to any return you'd get. It's a pointless and reckless endeavor. But then again, when has that ever stopped anyone?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well it certainly is possible:

goldfever.com...

There will likely come a point where it does become viable. Don't think we are at quite there yet though.

new topics

top topics

join