It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higher prices for food are about to get worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Food prices at the wholesale level rose last month by the most in 36 years. Cold weather accounted for most of it, forcing stores and restaurants to pay more for green peppers, lettuce and other vegetables, but meat and dairy prices surged, too.

The big questions are how long food prices will keep rising and how high they'll go. The impact is already visible. Wendy's, paying higher prices for tomatoes, now puts them on hamburgers only by request. Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts have raised prices because they pay more for coffee beans. Supermarkets warn customers that produce may be of lower quality, or limited.

~~~~~~

At the same time, global prices for corn, wheat, soybeans, coffee and other commodities have risen sharply in the past year. That's raised the price of animal feed, which has pushed up the cost of eggs, ground beef and milk.

finance.yahoo.com...

3.9 percent in one month?? Add that to the explosion in gas prices.....I think the double dip is about to hit. It's simply getting too expensive to live. Oh well, at least the billionaires are still getting their tax cuts.

edit on Thu Mar 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Looks like folks best learn to farm and preserve.
Btw your avatar says a million words.
Why is irony so funny?
Side note: i wonder if coffee would grow in Kalifornia?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I agree it is getting to expensive to live. So class warfare anybody??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Irony is funny if you understand it, damn insulting if you don't!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Looks like folks best learn to farm and preserve.

Would be a good idea if one is able to do it....vegetable prices went up 50! percent last month.

Bad news everywhere.

I've had that avatar for over a year...your the first to ever mention it....it definitely holds truth to it......sad shape this country is in...and the world for that matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yep its time to grow as much produce as possible. What you dont use can or trade with the neighbors. Another idea is to look around your neighborhood and notice if any one has any type of fruit trees. Most fruit tree owners have more fruit than they can use or can. Ask them if you can have some this Fall. Most will say SURE as long as you come pick them. Nobody likes to see fruit rotting in their yard as it draws bees hornets and wasps.

top topics

join