It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Leonid Elenin even exist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

The Stereo satellites are currently positioned about 180º degrees from each other about 90º ahead of and behind Earth in its orbit. SOHO is another satellite which is positioned between Earth and the Sun, about 1,000,000 miles away.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 3/17/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahhh TY , i always thought that SOHO was a reference to the program as a whole....little bit smarter now, (just a little bit) ty

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have also thought about this very idea that maybe this is a fake alias. The first time I heard about this "comet" and heard the name of the guy who supposedly found it, I thought "Ha yea right"! It would be so easy to take a picture of some random guy willing to go along with the story and name him whatever they want. I'm with you on this, and when I saw the video on how this "comet" keeps lining up with earth and the sun, it made my heart sink.
Here on ATS we see predictions all the time that mostly don't come to pass, but I got a totally different feeling about that video. There is nothing we can do about it but be prepared for whatever. I know my family is getting prepared and if that doesn't work.......well,.....I'll just leave it there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I posed this question as well back in february. I believe it was in Putermans thread not sure. Any way if people don't view this as a valid question. Their living in the seventies. Especially considering the prophetic parallels
to the movie DEEP IMPACT. At the very least there is someone to blame for the paranoia. If that's all it is.
Consider the illuminati card game. Or 9/11/01 3/10/11 12/21/12.

Definetly some kind of wierd game going on somewhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by Amaterasu

You being sarcastic ???

You know what doesn't matter whether you are or not, THAT is just an opinion

Sometimes it is good to get a little crazy when you think about things, because no matter how wild it gets, it could still be valid in some way, or even better sometimes by going out on a limb, you actually find the answer is crazier than the question, its called creative thinking.

Many of the advancements we have today would not exsist without it

Not at all. I'm sorry if it came off like that. In fact, I was trying to be supportive. Really, that place should indeed have something, one would think.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

I found this video very interesting

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Leonid has been posting on replies to the public(link via wikipedia). My concern is that he is not only an amateur astronomer but is also calculating and posting articles on the comet's orbital eccentricity and size. As he is not required to be the only expert on the comet what do nasa/other scientists at manned telescopes say. He also seems to be bilingual.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Ah ok, then I apologise, first time I read it I thought you were being supportive, the second time I thought hmmm maybe it wasn't sincere, but you have said that you were being sincere, and thats great

Thank you for taking the time to set me straight, and just in case I didn't make it clear enough "I'm Sorry for taking your post the wrong way" In future I shall try to be more diplomatic when determining the motives of a post.

Hope you can forgive me

edit on 18-3-2011 by solargeddon because: Taking has no "h" in it apparently lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Ah ok, then I apologise, first time I read it I thought you were being supportive, the second time I thought hmmm maybe it wasn't sincere, but you have said that you were being sincere, and thats great

Thank you for taking the time to set me straight, and just in case I didn't make it clear enough "I'm Sorry for taking your post the wrong way" In future I shall try to be more diplomatic when determining the motives of a post.

Hope you can forgive me

Certainly. [smile] Don't get me wrong, I can be sarcastic - but there's usually no doubt. [grin]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sixneuproele

Just watched the video, Very interesting to say the least.... I know a lot of people think that the numerology the Illuminati use is just a bunch of BS... Im not one of them.... And it really doesnt matter what you or I think - Because to them (illuminati) Numbers play a signifigant role in their operations.

I am not yet willing to jump train and hop on the Nibiru/Planet X/ Wormwood end is nigh bandwagon, I am just a skeptic of this story and the way it is playing out looking at all possibilities.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah I caught this movie on tv again last week, or the second half, and the protagonist's name is Leo. Just another random tie-in to this. Leo as in LEOnid ELEnin. Both words from that movie.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now this is interesting as well- From spaceobs.org...

The first article dated today 3/18/11-

January 31, 2011, American astronomers, University of Hawaii, received the first pictures of all known asteroid Apophis, in its new approach to the Earth, which will be held on Jan. 9, 2013. To perform this observation is still very faint objects, scientists have used a 2.2-meter telescope of the University Observatory, located atop the Hawaiian volcano Mauna Kea (Mauna Kea). These observations were complicated not only tarnish the object, but a small elongation of asteroid.
From these observations, begins a new round of study of this interesting and potentially dangerous object. Let me remind you that April 13, 2029 it will be lower than geostationary satellites, at an altitude of about 30,000 km and will be visible to the naked eye. This passage is not dangerous for our planet. The danger may be flying through the asteroid so-called "keyhole" - a zone width of 600 km. If this happens, the Earth itself, its gravitational influence will translate into orbit an asteroid and a resonant return in 2036 an asteroid collide with the Earth. The probability of such a development is very small, but it exists. The fall of a body diameter of 270 meters can cause catastrophic consequences on Earth. We still have time and we need to protect themselves regardless of how events will unfold. But this must be done before the rapprochement in 2029, otherwise the complexity of this already difficult task will increase many times.
"

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'll be sure to look out for it when it happens lol

Thankyou for your forgiveness, and your smile

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

My question is this. I though this comet was on a large eliptical orbit and was just discovered like 4 months ago? How could the know exactly if and when it aligned before, I understand they could use math, but down to the exact day coinciding with the earthquakes? Seems like a lot of conjecture. When did they say this comet is a yearly event?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

that was actually never stated, anywhere...
Once an object is located and you are able to track its movement it becomes very easy to deduce its previous locations given the nature and predictability (for lack of a btter term) of other astronimical bodies and whatever they may have had on the comet.

The thing i cant get past is...in order for this to truly have been an influence in the Chile, Christchurch and Japanese EQ's this object would have to be massive, i have reports of it being 500km and i have heard reports of it being 7km...i dont understand this. in honesty i think if the predictions are accurate in pinning this object as an influence, it would have to be even larger than 500km, other wise it was just a lucky prediction on the behalf 9nania (not to be overlooked by her influences in drawing such conclusions) and merely a coincidience that these alignments just happen to match the dates of the EQ's....

Which brings me to my next logical(?
?) conclusion....and ill harken back to the 1983 NASA proclaimation on the Mys tery Heavenly Body Discovered (please dont purchase the article). While i cannot find a link to the entire article anymore it has been reported on several other newspapers as well and can be viewed HERE (link added with hesitation). the ONLY ( i repeate ONLY) reason i added this information was because of the content of the original articles, which I can no longer find on the internet (though i am opretty sure they were available as recently as December of last year because i rememebr showing them to my brother and freind in a discussion we were having about religious prophecies), is to bring to light both ideas mentioned amongst those articles that...

According to John Anderson of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., this odd behavior suggests that the sun has an unseen companion, a dark star gravitationally bound to it but billions of miles away. ... Other scientists suggest that the most likely cause of the orbital snags is a tenth planet 4 to 7 billion miles beyond Neptune.

and the additional information....

Van Flandern thinks the tenth planet may have between two and five Earth masses and lie 50 to 100 astronomical units from the Sun.

Please also note that i do not particularly ascribe to theories of Niburu i will accept the scientific plausability of a drak star or planet X...as in planet #10.
it is also important to note that less than a year later Nasa renounced its own claims.
Now wether Elenin is the same object HAS NOT BEEN indicated, just perhaps another launching point for further investigation.
edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: typo's

Found another site posting the article, this one is from Cal.Tech.
Mystery Heaveny Body
edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: to add link

Im curious if there is someone among us that could take the jpl trajectory and plot this objects course in reverse to find where it came from and if it matches up with the IRAS information from 1983...?
edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: for additional thoughts...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok I'm gonna post this here.
People should realise that I chose not to make this a new thread. Or a spin off.
Right on time . I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Ok I'm gonna post this here.
People should realise that I chose not to make this a new thread. Or a spin off.
Right on time . I think.

wow... i think that was kinda shallow and off topic

I guess score 1 for tptb, way to keep the masses divided
edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: addition opinions on previus post

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
Im curious if there is someone among us that could take the jpl trajectory and plot this objects course in reverse to find where it came from and if it matches up with the IRAS information from 1983...?
edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: for additional thoughts...

edit on 18-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: in an attempt to get back on topic...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I swear, when I saw that video and checked the comaprisons I was like... Double wow! You know? It's just a strange that the situation in the movie about a celstial body approching earth and the actual reality of a celestial body approaching earth, is so similar. I guess time will tell.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
The thing i cant get past is...in order for this to truly have been an influence in the Chile, Christchurch and Japanese EQ's this object would have to be massive, i have reports of it being 500km and i have heard reports of it being 7km...i dont understand this. in honesty i think if the predictions are accurate in pinning this object as an influence, it would have to be even larger than 500km...

That would seem to be case but I have to say that size isn't everything.

Yes, I know thats what she didn't say.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't think many people would deny that there is a scarcity of official information about Comet Elenin. I'm not a scientist, but from my understanding Comet Elenin should already be within the orbit of Jupiter and beginning to display a tail. The comet photo put out by "Leonid Elenin" is pretty poor. Why are there no follow-up photos from other astronomers with better scopes? or from Hubble? Does NASA at least have the size pinned down?

Comet Elenin is a very real, potential hazard to earth, especially since it won't be arriving alone. A large asteroid (2005YU55) will be arriving with it. The chance (no matter how slight) that the trajectories of these objects will change before their arrival dates adds to the danger.

It looks like there is a managed effort to control information concerning this potential Extinction Level Event. As mentioned earlier, the history of "Leonid Elenin" only goes back about 36 months. If there is a disinformation campaign underway, we have to be careful about using articles from "SpaceObs.org" to validate the existence of "Leonid Elenin". That domain name was registered by a "Leonid Elenin" on 30 March 2010. The establishment of that website within the past year, and a Face Book page apparently is enough to convince some people that L. Elenin is a real person. Don't be so easily led.

I spent several years with the 5th Psychological Operations Group when it was at Andrews AFB outside Washington, DC. I wrote and executed PSYOP plans. I fully understand the role of "disinformation" agents. It's all about nudging public opinion in a desired direction. It is safe to say that every major country in the world (and every international organization) uses some form of PSYOP in their day-to-day operations. Although now days it's more politically correct to use the term "Public Affairs" instead of PSYOPs, the game is the same - manipulate opinion or deny knowledge. It's a legitimate question to ask about the existence of Leonid Elenin.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join