It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Leonid Elenin even exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Not sure how interesting this is, but a little while ago I tried searching for info on elenin via osti.gov, but the search engine returns no results .....

Osti.gov (Elenin search)

I even tried their bridge version, but nothing no returned results.
This is a public resource pool for the scientific community to share information and research, so why isn't anything mentioned here ???

Now THAT's quite interesting indeed. Yeah, you'd think THAT place would have something...

Heh.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

A neutron star would be obvious. A chunk of a neutron star would not retain all the mass & energy of the star, it would just be another chunk of matter.

I'll concede that we could be wiped out tomorrow by some unknown like a gamma burst from outside of the solar system.

But nothing we know of in what we have so far observed matches up with the 'prophesied' Nibiru or Elenin stuff.

It's just nonsense (IMHO).
edit on 17/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

A neutron star would be obvious. A chunk of a neutron star would not retain all the mass & energy of the star, it would just be another chunk of matter.

I'll concede that we could be wiped out tomorrow by some unknown like a gamma burst from outside of the solar system.

But nothing we know of in what we have so far observed matches up with the 'prophesied' Nibiru or Elenin stuff.

I did not bring up Nibiru. Nor prophesy. I merely stated that we have a bunch of unknowns. Why bring up Nibiru and prophesy?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Everytime I see the word ELE-NIN I see Sumerian. In Sumerian NIN is very often associated to water or air and ELE is associated with up or above and so its "Above the Water" or "Above the Air". ELI instead of ELE is "Against". ELENU is "Above".

I'm surely drawing a connection where there is none but its what I think of and then I cannot help but think of Wormwood.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Why bring up Nibiru and prophesy?

Apologies, it was because most of the people who equate Comet Elenin (which is a real comet) with Nibiru (which does not appear to have basis in fact).

There have been those who, in this very thread, have suggested that Elenin stands for "Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near".

(We "all" know it really means "Extremely Ludicrous; Erroneous, Nitwits, Idiots, Nutcases"
)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Why bring up Nibiru and prophesy?

Apologies, it was because most of the people who equate Comet Elenin (which is a real comet) with Nibiru (which does not appear to have basis in fact).

There have been those who, in this very thread, have suggested that Elenin stands for "Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near".

(We "all" know it really means "Extremely Ludicrous; Erroneous, Nitwits, Idiots, Nutcases"
)

Quite alright. Understandable, even. [smile]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

"Nin" in sumerian translates to "Lady"?

Nin - Cuneform - Babylon 9 Translation Software

Ele, Eli & Elenu have no meaning in Sumerian.

And here's a fairly scholarly link to the meaning of Nibiru.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
iasc.hsutx.edu...
click on this link and scroll down the page to see a current photo of a surprisingly young Mr. Elenin. I'll bet he doesn't look a thing like you thought he would.
He's actually pretty cute.
edit on 3/17/2011 by MissSmartypants because: more info

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Yeah we know, this was put up earlier in the thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You being sarcastic ???

You know what doesn't matter whether you are or not, THAT is just an opinion

Sometimes it is good to get a little crazy when you think about things, because no matter how wild it gets, it could still be valid in some way, or even better sometimes by going out on a limb, you actually find the answer is crazier than the question, its called creative thinking.

Many of the advancements we have today would not exsist without it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Humph. I thought astronomers looked like this:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
The day I can look up and see a comet with binoculars at least is when I will believe this BS story. I am placing my money on it being a Brown Dwarf Star that is coming and its name is Wormwood as that is the only thing that can and will disturb earth like we have been witnessing. Everyone must know by now something out there rocks the hell out of earth every so many years so bad there is no record of it. The bible has been 100 percent accurate so far. Even when we can look up and see the star im sure some here will say TPTB put it there lol, or that its Nibiru even though Nibiru is not even a word and it was made up by Sitchen to make himself look good before he died. To bad he had to ignore the real experts in the field.

Um, that whole Wormwood bit was made up to as incentive by the Romans who arranged the bible in order to keep people in line. (Along with the rest of revelations)
When will people stop quoting the bible as a credible source?
I haven't seen the first thing the bible got right.
edit on 3/17/11 by kylioneXsushi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Back with a bit more interesting info.

Within the site previously posted, SpaceObs.org i found a page with a recent date on it in russian. here is the link
14.03.2011 | LeonidOS Author

There are several recent posts by Leonid (i think this guy is real) regarding the comet, but....

he states in his most recent post :

As I wrote earlier Comet C/2010 X 1 near its perihelion is perfectly visible on images of outer SOHO coronagraph

kinda made me think....i remebered in the past few days some one made a post about seeing an object on SOHO that looked like it was crashing into the sun....cant find it atm just spent 30 minutes searching( i will continue after this post), anyway the thought crossed my mind, what if the object in those pictures was Elenin? Can anyone help me find the vidoe and maybe give some insight?

Also noticed that Leonid has been in contact with people in NASA and they considering using SOHO B to capture images of Elenin sometime around july/august (same article).

EDIT: almost forgot...perhaps we Bastardized the NAme because on the same page the second article down states the name..Yelenina
edit on 17-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: additional information

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
But i also found this thread while i was searching for that video havent read it yet but will get to that too...eventually

There is no comet elenin??

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

If you're talking about the post I think you're talking about the object was Venus.

SOHO looks toward the Sun from Earth. Comet Elenin is in the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i did a google news search for "elenin" and found not one mainstream media outlet reporting on it. it only yielded 2 pages of responses, half of which where in other languages and on blogs.

is it just not news or is there a cover up?
edit on 17-3-2011 by tonypazzohome because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

It's not news.
1) It is not visible unless you have a pretty good 'scope.
2) It is likely that it will not be naked eye visible. If and when it is, it will be in the news.
3) There is nothing special about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I spent a lot of my day looking at stuff related to him and this comet and I am now leaning towards him being a real person at the very least, but still suspicous of the whole scenario- could he be a Govt Plant? I am not leaving any leaf unturned until I am fully satisfied with the answer. Earlier I posted this--- a quote from spaceobs.org...

"As I wrote earlier comet C/2010 X1 near its perihelion will be perfectly visible in the photographs of outer coronagraph SOHO. As I told Karl Bettems (Karl Battams, Naval Research Laboratory), scheduled for special surveillance in the 4 different filters. Moreover, the estimated technical feasibility of temporary retargeting the spacecraft STEREO-B at the comet, the entrance of their close approach in late July - early August. Maximum convergence will happen July 31 at 13:00 UT. The distance between the objects will be only 7.4 million km (0.04956 AU). The spacecraft can pass through the dust and ion tails of comets. The second option is a bigger threat to the spacecraft. Let's hope that these observations occur and succeed, and the spacecraft without any problems will continue to further work on a sun-synchronous orbit."
spaceobs.org...

Which is the rest of the statement you posted, Oddly enough this particular post was available only in Russian and I found that a little odd. But I am wondering why they are talking about "retargeting a spacecraft at the comet"

Your thoughts?

edit on 17-3-2011 by TrgiclyHip because: context

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

By "retargeting" they mean turning the cameras toward the comet when the two are closest together. I'm sure Leonid would like that to be done. Maybe they'll do it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

By "retargeting" they mean turning the cameras toward the comet when the two are closest together. I'm sure Leonid would like that to be done. Maybe they'll do it.

yeah thats what i took from it as well, it would be very cool if NASA decided to do this but makes me think again, why would they redirect a billion dollar operation just to catch sight of a comet thats not even news worthy?

Yeah maybe they too would think it would be cool to see this thing close up, maybe get more data ect. im starting to think that maybe im over my head here, so much of this info is not in a language that i understand and i certaintly dont get all the astronomical terms (though i am learning...i think ) in either case i think we found about all there is to find for now...?
Im considering buying a telescope before august when it is said to begin to be visible since i missed halleys and all.

Originally posted by Phage

If you're talking about the post I think you're talking about the object was Venus.

SOHO looks toward the Sun from Earth. Comet Elenin is in the opposite direction.

Yeah probably the same video, i thought we (they) had stereo a and b on opposite sides of the sun?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join