It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Leonid Elenin even exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Only one photograph of him can be found from a google search

Here is a closer look at his face

Notice the weird eyes, curious marking at the bridge of his nose and the curious anomaly on his cheek just below his right ear. Also notice the pixilation surrounding his coat collar.

Is this a genuine undividual or another computer generated ficticious entity?

His name is also very reminiscent of nine/eleven and speculations on the comet bring with it a foreboding of disaster.

If this transpires to be a non-event, is this a way of indicating to us that 9/11 was also a fabrication involving false terror and that generated computer identities were also in play? Just a thought.

You might be interested in the speculation here:

www.cluesforum.info...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by oxbow

Originally posted by TrgiclyHip
Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun

There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. I'd like somebody to explain how, in a constantly moving system, comet Elenin manages to keep aligning itself with the Earth and the Sun.

All explained here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we go round, many alignments take place. Significantly, three major quakes are associated with alignments.

Thats a decent example of what i am trying to say, notice the different colors used to denote the path of Elenin, one depicts the location of Elenin below our solar plane, the other denotes it above so, at best the alignment is in 2 dimensions only and is being overlooked contuinuiosly.

i dont have any programs like that to create a better diagram to relay what i think is true but i will try here:

S --------------------------------- E
/
/
/
?

S= our sun, while the ----depicts the solar plane we and nearly all our other planets orbit along....
? represents the object in question as it approaches the inner solar system, lets say, march 11th....
NO alignment here.

Now i do not wish dispel any other ideas that may be formed from the approach of this object in question or the coincidence in the dates and the assumed alignment, just that there is no alignment possible until the point at which it crosses our solar plane...which is estimated in the above video in mid september...ish which is when the best viewing of the object is said to occur.

Edit :sorry, i forgot that this does not recognize tabs and such, the "/" were intended to indicate a line decending from the point of the sun to the location of the object
edit on 16-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

Yup, that is an institute. I pasted the wrong link before, but I will pastet it before, as it has a short bio and his picture.

International Astronomical Search Collaboration
Staff & Contributors
iasc.hsutx.edu...

Here are 4 abstracts that mention him; 2 are from 2009.
scholar.google.ca...

Alrighty, after looking at those articles-

arxiv.org... this one does not conatin his name anywhere that I can find.

adsabs.harvard.edu... - this article seems to only state that he has confirmed someone elses findings visually

adsabs.harvard.edu... - this article seems (to me) that he perhaps co-authored it and the information contained there-in seems to list a group of telescope locations which are all cooperating with one another.

www.springerlink.com... and this one looks like a place to download a book where he is possibly mentioned

And I still have a nagging sense of something not being quite right....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

Thats a decent example of what i am trying to say, notice the different colors used to denote the path of Elenin, one depicts the location of Elenin below our solar plane, the other denotes it above so, at best the alignment is in 2 dimensions only and is being overlooked contuinuiosly.

If you go to the JPL site ( ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... ) and rotate it so that you're looking at the solar system side on, you will see that the "comet's" approach was nearly in line with the plane of ecliptic, making the fact that it will be slightly above/below substantially moot.

So though it is off from the orbits of the rest of the stuff, it is hardly off at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

So, If I understand you correctly, You are saying that this "comet" will be X number of miles below our solar system as a whole?

I love the theory, can you provide me someplace to verify this for myself?
edit on 16-3-2011 by TrgiclyHip because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
He has been acknowledged in scholarly articles since 2009.

He is also listed, with a picture on his institute's site.
iasc.hsutx.edu...

I would say he exists.

Bigfoot has been acknowledged in sightings since at least 1958.

He is also listed, with a picture on Wikipedia's site.

You would then say that HE exists?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
After installing java on my pos system and viewing this as suggested i here denounce my 2 previous statements in this thread with the exception of the following quote...

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
Now i do not wish dispel any other ideas that may be formed from the approach of this object in question or the coincidence in the dates and the assumed alignment

please understand that my original assumtion was based on my ignorance of the program in use and my previous lack of java software, which has now been dispelled and corrected, TY

edit on 16-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Just did this for myself.... If you can trust NASA, which I am sure most skeptics will claim you must, even the NASA site shows it on a very even plane with the planest in our solar system

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
His name is made up and is an anagram.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So, If I understand you correctly, You are saying that this "comet" will be X number of miles below our solar system as a whole?

I apologize i can not provide that for you any longer, my intentions were good but my information was not and has been, as far as i am concern, disproved

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Star for you ! I am genuinely glad to see this thread keeping a noble tone

What are your thoughts now?

I am genuinly interested in how this plays out... For now life must still go on.... which means a visit to the in-laws, I will certainly be checking in to see if we make some new developments

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Actually, its approach came from slightly below the solar system, as it reached its closest approach to the sun, it was even with the solar system, and will start its slight climb above as it leaves. However, once it reaches the orbit of Mars, it is virtually level. and by the time it reaches Venus, it is level for all intents and purposes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
By way of introduction, I worked for US Intelligence (several agencies) for more than 30 years. I retired in 2004 and moved far away from Washington, DC (and I'm loving every minute of it). Most of my time was spent in HUMINT (human intelligence) recruiting people, setting up cover offices, organizations, and backstops.

The whole "Leonid Elenin" matter has interested me from the first time I heard the name a few months ago. I did some on-line research and found the same thing that has been mentioned already in this post - no sign of Elenin prior to 2008.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that it is extremely easy to set up a false persona with all the documentation that goes with it. If Leonid Elenin does not exist someone did a very poor job of backstopping him by only going back to 2008. The only thing that will convince me that this is a real person is to see an interview with him by a reputable news media (might be hard to find one of those). But, that does beg another question - "Why no interviews of this character?"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
If you go to the JPL site ( ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... ) and rotate it so that you're looking at the solar system side on, you will see that the "comet's" approach was nearly in line with the plane of ecliptic, making the fact that it will be slightly above/below substantially moot.

So though it is off from the orbits of the rest of the stuff, it is hardly off at all.

At the huge distances involved, it does matter. On March 11 Elenin was approximately 1.8 degrees below the ecliptic. Rough calculations using basic trigonometry and extrapolating a line from Elenin through Earth, by the time it reaches the Sun, that line will be approximately 4,659,000km above the ecliptic. The Sun's diameter is approximately 1,390,000km. So, it appears that the 3 bodies weren't aligned at all, not by a good 3 million km.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Star for you ! I am genuinely glad to see this thread keeping a noble tone

What are your thoughts now?

I am genuinly interested in how this plays out... For now life must still go on.... which means a visit to the in-laws, I will certainly be checking in to see if we make some new developments

Well after the mistake i made i felt the need to do more research and provide more substancial information for this thread and your ideas.

As for the person...given the previous links in this thread i did phone book searches of both Mayhill New Mexico and the entire state with no finds as well as a search of the white page in Moscow and the city of Lubertsi and found NOTHING.

I did however come across this link to the ISON-NM observatory where he claims in the yahoo groups link to work, interstingly enough on the contacts page, he is listed as the only contact with optional e-mail addresses (still not proof of existence).

As for the Physical object in our sky, you can do many searches of it and Planet X and find some interesting and serious articles from nasa on both though the findings form the 1983 IRAS project by nasa have been disputed for years it should not be discarded as there is more proof that it does exist than there is that it does not.

Now that my interest has been piqued i will continue to research.

In regards to oxbows last post, while the inclination is not as severe as i had originally thought it is still something to consider, though i do beleive that, in light of my miscalculations it is still plausable that a large object in this position could have effects on the planet..."Large" being the operative word.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogbreath
By way of introduction, I worked for US Intelligence (several agencies) for more than 30 years. I retired in 2004 and moved far away from Washington, DC (and I'm loving every minute of it). Most of my time was spent in HUMINT (human intelligence) recruiting people, setting up cover offices, organizations, and backstops.

The whole "Leonid Elenin" matter has interested me from the first time I heard the name a few months ago. I did some on-line research and found the same thing that has been mentioned already in this post - no sign of Elenin prior to 2008.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that it is extremely easy to set up a false persona with all the documentation that goes with it. If Leonid Elenin does not exist someone did a very poor job of backstopping him by only going back to 2008. The only thing that will convince me that this is a real person is to see an interview with him by a reputable news media (might be hard to find one of those). But, that does beg another question - "Why no interviews of this character?"

So...it seems the plot thickens, I will be devoting some research time to this as well... seems he has a facebook profile- But even his facebook page seems . . . odd

On facebook a search of Leonis Elenin brings up - This guy- www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002063801312

THIS GUY- who seems to be just using his name to garner attention for his alarmist statements
www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100000756740232&sk=wall

AND this one- which is his profile- But to me proves very little
www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002161261964

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

I am not sure that any of those links will work, but there are only 3 plausible profiles that pop up when you do a FB search of him

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well I only feel more curious now.... Will be doing some more research and then post here if I find anything good.

*baffled*

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Good point. I was suspicious at first glance as it can be construed as E-Lenin. E for Electronic (but also meaning computerized and Lenin to represent the Communist plot to take over the world.....ELE for Extinction Level Event (a propos for a comet that could possibly impact the earth) also comes into play here as a double entendre.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A search of google news articles feature on comet elenin only produces 2 results, and a search of Leonid Elenin only brings up five, all of them in languages other than english (most likely russian) and all of them are from within the last week-

Wouldnt there have been a news article when he found this thing???

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join