It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Leonid Elenin even exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hello Fellow ATS Members~ This my first time posting a new discussion so i'll thank you in advance for putting on your kid gloves- All kidding aside....

I have been keeping an eye on the Comet Elenin situation, At first I was excited that such an object would be making its way, close enough to Earth to be seen. But my excitment has faded into confusion, the more I read about this comet the more I wonder if this is a comet at all....

I am not a subscriber to the Planet X/Nibiru theories, and I still dont think this fits that line of reasoning.... but I am concerned that Leonid Elenin may be a fabricated name and individual to help keep a lid on what may be a situation of much graver consequence than we expect.

Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun- You can find this information by looking at this thread- www.abovetopsecret.com...

So.... recently people have started referring to this obkect as a brown dwarf, Still cant seem to find EVIDENCE of that, But it certainly has me pondering how a comet could be linked so firmly to these earthquakes- And with all the recent activity really ramping up..... I dont care to think of the possibilities.

SO a google search of his name returned some information, But as we all well know, fabricating an internet personailty is something even the lowest forms of life can easily master....

I'd love to hear other peoples takes on this....~

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
He has been acknowledged in scholarly articles since 2009.

He is also listed, with a picture on his institute's site.
iasc.hsutx.edu...

I would say he exists.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrgiclyHip

Yeah, seems sketchy to me. You can find he's a member on a Yahoo group since 11/08 tech.groups.yahoo.com..., and there isn't really any other info on him beyond a year or so ago. He apparently has a linkedin profile as well that if anyone is on there might be able to check that out. But the whole name thing just seems strange. That some one would name their kid after a meteor shower then he becomes an astronomer, unless one of the parents was an astronomer as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrgiclyHip
Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun

There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. I'd like somebody to explain how, in a constantly moving system, comet Elenin manages to keep aligning itself with the Earth and the Sun.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Plus Elenin was just discovered 4 months ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

If by his institute you mean where he works- this is where he lists his employment - Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences)

And I would love to see such Scholarly articles if you could link me to them

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

I would like some explanations too.... that is why I am here, and ultimatly why I started this thread, so we could peacefully find some trustable information together, thank you for joining in the search

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

But the whole name thing just seems strange. That some one would name their kid after a meteor shower then he becomes an astronomer, unless one of the parents was an astronomer as well.

Pretty sure that way back on another thread a member with Russian lineage said that the name wasn't that uncommon.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yup, that is an institute. I pasted the wrong link before, but I will pastet it before, as it has a short bio and his picture.

International Astronomical Search Collaboration
Staff & Contributors
iasc.hsutx.edu...

Here are 4 abstracts that mention him; 2 are from 2009.
scholar.google.ca...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Since you appear a skeptic of my idea could you offer anything aside from lack of proof as evidence?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Wikipedia lists 26 people with the name Leonid, not including Elenin.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Sincere Thanks, I will be checking these out-

Also wondering about your thoughts on Comet Elenin in general... Do you think it is just a comet.... nothing to see here, move along move along..... or is it a cause for concern?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Too be honest, I have not looked into it much, beyond reading a thread here and there. I was just intrigued by your thread title and decided to look into it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Comets are usually made of ice with small amounts of minerals embedded (dirty snowballs is how they are described) they just don't have magnetic fields so they can't magnetically affect our poles.

No comet has been observed to be greater than 7 miles (10 km) in diameter, so they don't have any appreciable gravitational 'tug' on us.

There's nothing out in the vacuum of space but the diffuse particles of the solar wind for a comet to "rub" against to build up an electrical charge so, no electrical effect on us, either.

Comet Elenin's closest pass to the Earth (on 21st October, this year) is 21 million miles away.

Leonid Elenin exists and the comet exists.

Too much credence has been given to people who have "made stuff up" to inflate their own ego's or line their wallets.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
He could very well be a real individual and discovered this comet, but there is just something about that name that when the comet news came out that just didn't sound...real.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
Comets are usually made of ice with small amounts of minerals embedded (dirty snowballs is how they are described) they just don't have magnetic fields so they can't magnetically affect our poles.

No comet has been observed to be greater than 7 miles (10 km) in diameter, so they don't have any appreciable gravitational 'tug' on us.

There's nothing out in the vacuum of space but the diffuse particles of the solar wind for a comet to "rub" against to build up an electrical charge so, no electrical effect on us, either.

Comet Elenin's closest pass to the Earth (on 21st October, this year) is 21 million miles away.

Leonid Elenin exists and the comet exists.

Too much credence has been given to people who have "made stuff up" to inflate their own ego's or line their wallets.

So I guess my next question would be - do you believe it to be a comet? and if so why?....

edit on 16-3-2011 by TrgiclyHip because: error in post

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

There is absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. I'd like somebody to explain how, in a constantly moving system, comet Elenin manages to keep aligning itself with the Earth and the Sun.

Sure. Every six months you'd expect the Earth to be half way around the sun. That's predictable and constant. With Brown Dwarf Elenin approaching the sun from far away you can predict that roughly every six months there should be an alignment. So if we look at the dates of the alignments: First alignment = Feb 27 2010 Chili Quake. Six months later, almost exactly, on September 4 2010 Christchurch quake. Six months later on March 11 Japan Quake.

Future alignment very because of Brown Dwarf's eliptical orbit : September 26/7 2011 Big alignment. October 17 Brown Dwarf nearest the Earth. November 5 Earth passes through comets ateroid path. November 23 Alignment.

Hope this helps. Makes sense to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
He could very well be a real individual and discovered this comet, but there is just something about that name that when the comet news came out that just didn't sound...real.

I am going on my own gut instinct, It seems to be the only thing I can trust now-a-days... Something has me feeling skeptical enough to ask this community their thoughts...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I personally dont think that there has been any alignment of these objects, it has been repeatedly overlooked that the "comet Elenin" in question is approaching from south or our solar plane and will cross that solar plane along its course through our solar system eventually crossing the earths orbital path around the sun and promptly leaving. I am not sure which of the several videos posted by 9nania on youtube contain that information but i have seen it several times, i will try and find.

In any case the only alignment of the physical objects would be in the 2 dimensiona graphs and representations

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

Originally posted by TrgiclyHip
Recently a few threads on ATS have been made outlining this idea: When comet elenin aligns with the earth and sun it causes an earthquake. There have been at least three instances of earthquakes during periods in which ELENIN was aligned with the earth and sun

All explained here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we go round, many alignments take place. Significantly, three major quakes are associated with alignments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join