It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guest Post: Alert: Nuclear (And Economic) Meltdown In Progress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To say that the global economy is walking on egg shells might be the understatement of the year. Global deficits, widespread protest of existing governments and now natural disasters may be pushing an already fragile world to the brink.

Now, the world's 3rd largest economy is literally collapsing in front of our eyes. I do not wish to minimize the human loss, but at some point we have to face the grim implications of what it really means to lose Japan as an economic super power.

This article is dire in nature, yet very well founded.

Link

It is with a heavy heart that I am now issuing the highest level alert to my readers than I have to date. The threshold for an alert is one or more world events that personally cause me to take action.

I'm making this alert publicly available less than 36 hours after releasing it to my enrolled subscribers given its importance and the speed at which events are accelerating.

The substance of this alert centers on the unknown aftershocks that may result from the world's third largest economy, Japan, rapidly shifting from an exporter of funding to a consumer of it. In situations like these, we are by definition operating with incomplete and often confusing information, and events are developing more rapidly than they can be fully analyzed and internalized. We regret in advance any mistakes that we might make due to making calls and decisions in this highly fluid environment.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Japan... U.S. Treasuries' 2nd largest foreign owner.
Japan... about to be in dire need of liquidated assets to pay for rebuilding.
U.S.... about to see Japan selling off U.S. Treasuries to raise ca$h.
U.S.... the Fed about to end it's Treasury buying program.
U.S.... about to see INFLATION BIG TIME.

All because of an earthquake half way around the globe from us...

Global economies sure are tenuous, aren't they??
edit on 16/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
you beat me to it!. this S*** is for real! everyone get ready. I really dont know if i should go to home depot and buy plastic and duct tape to seal windows and doors if fall out hits america. yeah yeah i said i did not think it would earlyer but its best to be prepared.

I already have supplys but im going to get the last of it today. i was waiting on my Tax refund to get it but i guess i will put it on credit card.

this is getting real!

edit on 16-3-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Man, ain't that the truth.

Most may or may not know that Japan is indeed the world's 2nd largest holder of US Treasuries (next to the Federal Reserve - Will someone please explain to me how that works). There are now stories that Tokyo is becoming a ghost town. 11 million people... Living in NYC I can tell you that if I walked down 5th Avenue tomorrow and it was deserted, I would crap my pants.

Japan will INDEED need BILLIONS of dollars to rebuild. Sadly, they have already spent the equivalent to the US TARP program (Over $700 Billion US) in 4 DAYS just to keep their stock market from being demolished.

The US may just have lost their best customer...
edit on 16-3-2011 by TruthWithin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well - there it is...the Yen is literally getting crushed. This is another historical event unfolding right before our eyes...

One can only watch this devastation with horror. USDJPY drops to 76. Unbelievable. Many Wall Street FX desks are blowing up right at this moment.

Zero Hedge

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
S&F.

Today's disaster is tomorrow's new normal, and think because we're alive, the new reality is the new normal. We forget about how the disasters in progress will change tomorrow, and we stop preparing.

Did that make sense?

Middle east governments turned upside down, Japan moves 13 feet closer to the US in a few minutes, nuclear power plants melting down, the US Government becoming more and more a dictatorship, the Fed became the biggest owner of the USA, and every country in the world printing money as fast as they can. Normal or catastrophe?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Seems the U.S. Goverment is continuing to Endanger the Lives of it's Citizens by it's Incompetent handling of our current Energy Policies . This latest Alex Jones Interview with BBC Journalist Greg Palast sheds some Alarming Light on this subject here.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's The End Of The World As We Know It-

And I feel fine... it starts with an earthquake...

“Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.” Revelation 8:8,9

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Hmmm, I thought that meant the yen was gaining value.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Well - there it is...the Yen is literally getting crushed. This is another historical event unfolding right before our eyes...

One can only watch this devastation with horror. USDJPY drops to 76. Unbelievable. Many Wall Street FX desks are blowing up right at this moment.

Zero Hedge

You do realize it is the Dollar getting crushed by the Yen and not the other way around. I think it is pretty funny because the Japanese government debt problem is no better than America's. Speculators are running the world and no one is in charge.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join