It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Denies 'Blood Money' Helped Free CIA Contractor in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Clinton Denies 'Blood Money' Helped Free CIA Contractor in Pakistan

www.foxnews.com

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton denies claims the U.S. paid over $2 million in "blood money" to free a CIA contractor who shot and killed two Pakistani men.

"The United States did not pay any compensation," Clinton told reporters in Cairo, according to Reuters.

Read more: foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't know who to believe here. I just read another story that the Blood Money was paid and then run into this?

I suppose it could be both things are true. Perhaps the U.S. was able to find a benefactor to pay the ransom covertly and avoid paying any money themselves?

Or, perhaps it's true no money was paid and we were successful in applying enough economic pressure to make Pakistan cave? The story that money was paid might be for internal consumption by the people of Pakistan and it's propaganda?

Pakistan worries me more than any other country at the moment.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Of course 'The United States' did not pay for his release ... but if you could possibly find and follow the Actual 'trail' of activities leading to such .. it'd likely be rife with some rather 'interesting handshakes and agreements of sorts'.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

They got their guy out, that is all that matters... Oh, and Hillary also said he was a diplomat not CIA when he was initially detained by Pakistan.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So you accept that Hillary is being truthful? I'm not so sure.

One thing that is for sure, Pakistan is the biggest danger to us and the world at the moment. So many bad people who at any moment might gain access to nuclear weapons, combined with the insane dispute with India over worthless land. It has to blow eventually.

I almost wonder if we are in Afghanistan now as a cover just to keep troops on the Pakistan border?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Of course the U.S. didn't pay the blood money. The U.S. got the Saudi's to broker the deal.

Gotta know how to interpret these people....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
he was a diplomat not CIA when he was initially detained by Pakistan.

Wait .. you mean there's a 'difference' between the two?

I always though it 'worked the other way' in these type situations.

Goes in as an 'operative/asset' ... and only makes 'diplomat' status if 'caught out' in the process.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think she's lying. I mean why would no money be paid in a deal for his release, when their law allows for just such a thing. Plus I read from the BBC the judge confirmed that the family members were paid. Why else would they pardon him. The people there are very upset about this whole thing. Does Mrs. Clinton think American's are stupid? We should not be lied to by our elected officials.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

She says "The United States", as in the US government. Well, if he was CIA, then the CIA would have payed for his release, and the CIA is not completely operated by the US government, it's pretty much on it's own. Clinton has no idea whether the CIA paid for him or not. She probably would not have access to all the details. Even the president is not all knowing about what the CIA does.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Did you happened to see how buffed that guy was? The first time he was on the news I though CIA? ok that sounds about right. But they did not focus on what he did at all, only that he was captured and send to trail, en got out of trail like it was nothing. Who did he murder exactly? and why? They said that it was selfdevence and he had to do it. But what does a buffed man like himself do over there?

He shot a couple of "people" and then he tried to get the hell out of the country. He got caught so he went to trail for a little while, now he's out. Never mind blood money being paid. Something does not feel right. They let him go... no person is let go out of a trail for killing people. Why does a "diplomat" have a reason to kill people? also did you see the windows of the car that he shot at? This man has perfect aim. All in the head, neatly together those bullet holes where.

Every time there is a revolution and the people want freedom there is a kickstart that makes it happen. This stinks just like every other revolution we had in our history. Something will come out of it, and I don't think it's going to be good.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: made the post more understandable.

edit on 16-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure they were being ironic.

It's easy to see when hillary is lieing... her lips are moving.

It was probably a third party who actually paid them... and the cia pays the third party... it's plain and simple. So she can "technically" not ie.. but it's still a lie. Standard dis-info that you see all across ATS now a-days.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
of course they paid covertly so clinton is technically right but it was most likely money gained from the wars and opium trade which was paid by U.S. lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I also think it was a third party and word game being played. Oddly enough, in this case it makes sense and it is likely the best outcome. We certainly need to keep relations on as even of a keel as possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Out of all the $billions of aid Pakistan gets, the corrupt pakistani politicians just needed to pluck out $2.2mil to shut the families up and hand out a few green cards to make them all smile.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, here's a story from the Navy Times that says otherwise;

Original story here

LAHORE, Pakistan — A CIA contractor who shot and killed two Pakistani men was freed from prison on Wednesday after the United States paid $2.34 million in “blood money” to the victims’ families, Pakistani officials said, defusing a dispute that had strained ties between Washington and Islamabad.

In what appeared to be carefully choreographed end to the diplomatic crisis, the U.S. Embassy said the Justice Department had opened an investigation into the killings on Jan. 27 by Raymond Allen Davis. It thanked the families for “their generosity” in pardoning Davis, but did not mention any money changing hands.

I guess the story was originally from the Associated Press. I just picked it up at the Navy Times.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does anyone know where Aafia Siddiqui is?
She's probably worth 1 million to Pakistan.
Some trade probably happened that left the US saying "we didn't pay"

What a mess.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Out of all the $billions of aid Pakistan gets, the corrupt pakistani politicians just needed to pluck out $2.2mil to shut the families up and hand out a few green cards to make them all smile.

That is another reasonable possibility. Had not thought of that. Perhaps they did?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yeah, I saw reports of that first, which is why this is so odd.

Perhaps this is another case of the carnival this administration appears to be. They never seem to have their ducks in a row. Perhaps that is the real story here. The lack of communication on important issues I mean. It's like nobody is at the wheel, guiding the boat.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

"The United States did not pay any compensation," Clinton told reporters .....

She's probably right in a technical sense.

RANSOM would not be the same as "compensation".

White lies.

Or maybe it was one of their "agents" for one of yours. Very cold war.
edit on 16/3/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I would'nt believe that witch if my life depended on it....in fact my life DOES depend on not believing her!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join