It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wayseers, those of us who know in our hearts that WE ARE ONE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It does work both ways. Those that are different are often different in a crowd of their own.

Its all good. Human beings are meant to fracture into groups of "more like" kind and compete. Unless you disbelieve in natural selection and evolution. Its kind of hard to argue that that isnt the Tao or Way of life on Earth, though.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Two quotes come to mind. One is something my social studies teacher wrote in my yearbook many years ago.

"The world needs those who understand the reasons for rules but will question their use."

The other I heard in relation to art.

"You need to understand the rules in order to know how to break them."

There needs to be an understanding to break the rules "right" not just breaking the rules for the sake of breaking them.

As for the video, I like it, but joining a group seems somewhat the opposite of what the message is.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by whaaa

It does work both ways. Those that are different are often different in a crowd of their own.

Its all good. Human beings are meant to fracture into groups of "more like" kind and compete. Unless you disbelieve in natural selection and evolution. Its kind of hard to argue that that isnt the Tao or Way of life on Earth, though.

I find it a bit ironic that Mr. LoPorto wants to unite nonconformist into a "we are one" tribe. However The positive message is needed very much in this day and age of confusion and angst.

If this movement unites against Fascism and corporate media control....it's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If it genuinely IS a positive message and not just another yahoo taking advantage of our LONGING for a positive message for his own personal gain.

Like Little Grandmother, and others of her ilk.

I have had this running argument with others lately. They claim that spreading a "good" message even in a bastardized way, in an incomplete way, for personal gain, is better than not spreading the message at all.

I say they are wrong. That following a bad leader, even one who has hijacked a "good" message from a spiritual tradition or philosophy, is worse than having no contact with the good message at all.

Part of the core message of all spiritual traditions worth having is that you should learn to listen to the "God within." Even Jesus said you had access to the "holy spirit" within you. But these people who promote movements set themselves up as leaders, they are saying "I have what you need" and that subverts the core truth.

A) because the people who set themselves up as leaders tend to have ego problems which undermine their ability to transmit the message.

and

B) because if you are deferring to their authority, you are not really developing the skill of connecting to God on your own.

And note that A) is not a statement on people who get elevated by the masses as leaders because their message resonates, it is directed at those "spiritual leaders" engaged in actively marketing themselves AS leaders.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by orazio

totally agree

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh, sigh, I joined just to deconstruct this and had a number of paragraphs down and then my browser ate them.

Suffice to say that I love the video, but that the video preys on misfits, mentally ill, people with life struggles to make them feel special, elite, and like there's a conspiracy against them that is making it more difficult for them to be the hero they want to be.
That's what we get from being exposed to so much fiction; deep down, we all believe we can do it.

I'm going for the exact same thing, except non-violent. I have a project I'm undertaking to save the world - it's about allying people to help each other out and better distribute scare resources; initiate civil disobedience and stop giving our money and resources to people who already have more than us. But it's all about freedom - and freedom means free of charge.

I hope that he's providing some good for the people he's suckering in. I'm almost tempted to be one of them; I know like minds will appreciate this and wish I'd been able to come up with it first. But I _am_ one of those misfits, alcoholics, and I do love grand schemes and changes and hopes. I've just still just been doing it one-on-one. Free hugs, complimentary signs, giving out advice and keeping people company... every positive change makes a difference, and I'm happy with what I've done so far!

Yes, though, it's a terrible struggle and my main goal has been to find allies. Sorry, it sounds like I'm recruiting - I'm not. I'm just saying that money's part of the problem, not the solution. People are working on this sort of project every day, all over the world. As I understand it, he has money, and if he really wanted this project to succeed then asking for more isn't the best way to reach the most people.

I don't have enough information, but it makes me sad to see the social engineering and the promise of what looks like it may be false hope. The people he is reaching are the same people I want to reach, and things like this can make people really jaded.

Sorry for the string of text.

Cheers,

life

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well.. I'd just like to say I am glad people watched and liked the video.

I think that the website does not ask for money to join but who cares about joining anyway unless its like a social network connecting thing like myspace/facebook and isnt that just to make connections with people anyway? Its not like a big deal.. honestly. I just shared the video because it has a good message that grabs people in a fun way and overall was (IMHO) pretty relaxing casual and inspiring.

Why do people have to make everything into a debate. Debating is fun but sometimes its just irrelevant to debate something. Why distract yourself with irrelevance, focus on what matters to you (if you want to debate the validity of something awesome but be careful about how you invest your energy anyhow)

I have not paid money for anything aside necessities like food shelter water warmth etc. But we all know what kind of society we live in, where that is just how things are for now. We are ever changing as are the ways of the world - so be a part of the solution not the problem and you will find that you have all the tools and talents you need to make your dreams come true...

Inspire others, motivate others, share openly, question everything, tolerate incompetence, have patience, be a light to others, be centered in your truth, be confident in your self, trust in the divine (trust in your self)
You will find what you seek...

Peace & Love

top topics

<< 1   >>

join