It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Japan become the perfect place for ZOMBIES to emerge?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Are you talking about a Resident Evil type of scenario?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ffs, there are some japanese people here on ATS, showing courage & fortitude in their situation... a little dark humour, even

humour's great, but this kinda rubbish - aimed at the japanese - is ridiculous considering what's still at stake

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

you stumble on the truth

truth you stumble upon

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Not too soon for me buddy!

I got ya back on this one, love your thinking.

Keep up the good work! S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
lmao hows this for comic value, saw this thread, logged into ATS, came back to the new topics page nd this thread was now sat on top of " what weapon would you use in a zombie outbreak" or something lol. A sign?

For all the haters -> Lay off the OP and all those who dare to prepare. Of course it is inappropriate to make jokes that japans biggest threat right now is zombies, but that is the value of humour, perspective, empathy and imagination. I do not find this thread disrespectful to the japanese any more then I find any thread about anywhere being offensive just because it is a current event..... THIS IS A LIVE NEWS PLACE. LIVE DISCUSSION.

Ontopic :::::: If a zombie outbreak was to start now , in japan, we'd be screwed! If it's to start we want it to slowly spread. This would spread like wirefire and have to be contained by the military and covered up asap.......

Now some of you may have noticed that japan is almost the worst place for a zombie outbreak, other then arrrgh china.
On the bright side,, if it is japan ,,, it'd be alot easier to control... ( but dont forget zombies can swim coz they don't breathe )

My personal input : Zombie outbreak does not = gaining rambo like attributes. When faced with sudden outbreak one must assess the best route of escape and how to achieve that with the skills and tools at hand.
img "http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jasbrick/XenoMarines/zombie_hunter_preview_1.jpg" />

edit on 17-3-2011 by moonpie86 because: My computer is the enemy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Get over it people!

Its just a highly speculative conspiracy theory.

All you need to do is look at what forum its in.

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.
edit on 17-3-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: Zombies were at my window

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I was searching something about Japan and Google brought me to ATS and was reading this comment so i had to become member so i will be in able to post ...

I see your point man, and i agree with you that something similar to Zombie can come up in a situation like this with all that cocktail of various chemicals, or even more things we might never be aware that they even exist ...

What i would say in addition is that perhaps not Zombies at this stage, but some other mutants due to the high level of radiation since that according to some news the level is up to 400% of the allowed level of radiation so if that doesn't kill you then maybe it can transform human beings into something else, according the book someone mentioned in the Zombie Survival Guide which i read a year ago the causes has to be of the Biological Nature in order to create Zombies, so the question is do we know that in that area they were doing such experiments? and if yes then if some sort of virus or creature managed to flee free then that's a different story, someone mentioned 28 Days Later well that's what I am more afraid of in this case.

And i don't see this thread as a waste of time or joke or so its one of the questions that comes up in situation like this guys.

I am very sorry of peoples who died and more sorry of children without their families and people without shelter, plus having to deal now with all this radiation thing, and on top of that we don't know if it will affect the wild animals in a bad way and create monsters out of them, which will hunt peoples in return.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
*********************** Mod Note *******************************

The Topic of this thread is Has Japan become the perfect place for ZOMBIES to emerge?

It is already in the Highly Speculative forum of Skunk Works.

Please confine replies to the topic of this thread and do not focus upon one another, political or religious ideaologies, or the finer points of trolling / anti-trolling.

Please Stay on Topic

ALL MEMBER - We expect Civility and Decorum within all topics.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A reminder to the membership while posting replies, this forum is the Skunk Works. You may want to take the time to read what that means exactly in this thread Back To Basics: The ATS Skunk Works Forum!

Please take careful note of this section:

The Skunk Works Forum Rules

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

We certainly do not want to discourage the involvement of helpful critical analysis and skeptical thought, this will always be a very important part of collaboration on ATS. However, we will be strict in managing the tone and style of such exchanges. Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

As with all forums on ATS, Civility & Decorum are Expected.

The title of this thread is "Has Japan become the perfect place for ZOMBIES to emerge?" Continue the discussion, but be civil.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If ever there were place for the Zombie Apocalypse to spring into existence, it seems that Japan is the perfect disaster zone for it to happen.

Oddly enough, I was wondering how long it'd take some to go the radiation reanimating the dead route. While the subject of zombies is entertaining, I do think it's firmly in the realm of fiction.

Now, something like the Rage virus from 28 Days or something though....then you could be on to something. Radiation causes mutation. The conditions allow for diseases, the diseases are mutated by the radiation, to create a new virus, etc. THEN who knows?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

Look..a lot of people died, and you want to make a thread about this? I would suggest going over to a popular website that deals specifically with zombies and you will probably get better responses.

Sure...its a fun and games until 10,000 people end up DEAD! How would you feel if your family members were killed in an earthquake, tornado, hurricane, etc? And then someone wants to talk about zombies???

really????

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DonEddieDiAngelo

Welcome to ATS!! I'm glad this thread interested you enough to join.

You bring up some valid points - and I totally agree. If ever there were a disaster area that has a potential to generate some sort or form of human (or animal) ZOMBIE, it's this disaster. It has all the necessary ingredients.

If it doesn't happen in Japan, it may never happen.

As far as the people freaking out here in the Skunk Works forum...this is what I have to say:

Just a few months ago in the United States - there was a Military base in Utah that went on full LOCK DOWN. That military base experiments with biological & chemical warfare weapons - and many people here (me included) jumped to the speculative conclusion that perhaps there was ZOMBIE outbreak. In that thread, NOT ONE member of ATS said anything about "this thread is insensitive to the families of the base".

But now, when another news event happens and we speculate about the possibilities of ZOMBIES - everyone jumps on the "that's so insensitive" bandwagon and takes offense.

Funny how that double-standard works.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree - but at the same time people are kind of splitting hairs here. The Rage Virus style Zombie is still a Zombie.

Using the term "Zombie" by itself doesn't necessarily restrict the meaning to only the walking-dead (reanimated style) Zombies. And that's why I mentioned that (as horrible the thought is, it's reality) mixed in among the dead under that rubble could be injured but still alive people. That allows for the possibility of a Rage Virus style outbreak.

To some people, I can understand why discussing this topic may sound as outlandish as entertaining the possibility of this disaster creating a real "Godzilla", but if ATS were a forum for only discussing mainstream science and news topics, then it probably would be a different website with a different name and audience.

Anywhoo, as of yet, there are no signs of Zombie outbreak in Japan. And that's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleDreamer
Are you talking about a Resident Evil type of scenario?

Sure, but really I'm talking about ANY type of scenario - even perhaps a scenario no one has ever thought of before.

As horrible as that thought may be.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Will all of these zombies have the same school girl uniform? Just wondering.

Seriously though, I feel horrible for all the Japanese people
that have to leave their homeland due to the disasters....

Must be very disorienting.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just curious. If a vegetarian becomes a Zombie...do they only eat people in comas?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"GRAINNNNS", said vegetarian zombie.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join