It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Japan become the perfect place for ZOMBIES to emerge?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I know, this may be too soon, but just follow me on this for a minute.

The tsunami that struck Japan killed 10's of thousands of people and untold scores of animals. Disease is no doubt beginning to grow in all that rotting carnage. It destroyed every kind of building and whipped through industrial storage yards spilling countless quantities of toxic chemicals and biological agents into the stew.

Now the nuclear fallout is mutating that stew and they haven't even really begun finding all the dead or injured people buried under the rubble.

If ever there were place for the Zombie Apocalypse to spring into existence, it seems that Japan is the perfect disaster zone for it to happen.

What say you?

(Photo by SLAYER69)

edit on 16-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: photo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's obviously a recipe for health disaster and the disease that will come from that filth will be awful, no doubt, but zombies? Hope that's just rhetorical.

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Really dude?

Really...?

link   
Sounds like an interesting story, however, I highly doubt it!

Chernobyl didn't create zombies so I don't think Fukushima will either ...

However, a storyline nonetheless for a good horror/thriller flick!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Really dude?

Really...?

What, too soon?

Hey man, I'm just sayin'....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
say I thousands of dead bodies on the shores + radiation = Zombies

link   
I say no, it would've been more likely to happen when we dropped the atom bombs on Japan in WW2. Unless those zombie ants mutate and take over.

"In a bizarre parasitic death sentence, a fungus turns carpenter ants into the walking dead and gets them to die in a spot that's perfect for the fungus to grow and reproduce.

Scientists have no clue how the fungus takes control of the brains of ants so effectively. But a new study in the September issue of the American Naturalist reveals an incredible set of strategies that ensue.

The carpenter ants nest high in the canopy of a forest in Thailand, and they trek to the forest floor to forage. The fungus, Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, prefers to end up on the undersides leaves sprouting from the northwest side of plants that grow on the forest floor, the new study showed. That's where temperature, humidity and sunlight are ideal for the fungus to grow and reproduce and infect more ants.

Once infected by the fungus, an ant is compelled to climb down from the canopy to the low leaves, where it clamps down with its mandibles just before it dies. " MSN-Zombie ants controlled by fungus

link   
reply to post by faryjay

That's my point though - Chernobyl was ONLY a nuclear disaster. Indonesia was ONLY a tsunami.

This disaster in Japan is BOTH and is unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I disagree because its an island... unless they can swim , and make it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah supposed "zombies" could be spawned there somehow...But how could they turn into zombies? Will the brain just get a sudden craving for humans?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I was hoping for Nazi zombies myself...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm just saying broham, Zombies? This isn't left 4 dead 2, people are dead and or dying - you're basically mocking them. :/

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

In the fictional historical book "World War Z" the zombies didn't need oxygen to survive so they just walked along the ocean floor until they got to the other shoreline.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah dude, but don't worry they're much frendlier once you get to know 'em:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

I have no idea how zombies become zombies, I'm just sayin' it's the worlds biggest mix of death, chemicals, biologicals, disease & nuclear fallout the world has ever known.

Sure, there have been bigger individual disasters in the past of one category or another, but never such a mix of all of them.

If ever it could occur, it seems that Japan would be the best candidate for it to happen. And if it doesn't happen, then it kind of proves that it will never happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just to be on the safe side then... maybe there's a japanese version of this?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what an idiotic thread. With everything happening over there, we have to filter through this garbage here at ATS?

I know the zombie lover type. Its a person that romanticizes moments of turmoil like this. They see them selves viewed through too many hours reading comic books. They will have affect and have meaning in the zombie apocalypse. Its all a way to deal with their perceived superiority of the real living people today. They dont realize that this self defense mechanism both makes them figurative zombies today, and literally mentally impaired should a real catastrophe ever surround them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
It's obviously a recipe for health disaster and the disease that will come from that filth will be awful, no doubt, but zombies? Hope that's just rhetorical.

Yes, but if sugar, spice and everything nice created the Power Puff Girls, then I’m pretty sure with countless missing bodies, unpronounceable toxins AND radioactive ooze we may have a good shot here.

Let’s just say I’ll be pretty bumbed if we don’t get zombies.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I don't think he's mocking the victims. It actually seems pretty legit that some odd illness/ outbreak could result from this. Maybe not necessarily zombies, but something grotesque.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
ok?? Thanks for the laugh I guess
Zombies really? I'm thinking more a huge group of asian X-men with super powers.

edit on 16-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join