Here is a good website for canadians:
Anything that Stephen Harper does or says, as he is a lying sack of %(*^!
Also, anything Dalton McGuinty has his dirty grimy paws in.
Here is a great Documentary about the G20 that just passed through Toronto Last year, this docu explains many things, A tactical unit deploying
FEMA/Martial Law etiquette on civilians, as well as the police dressing up like extreme riot goers and participating in the destruction, then being
caught red handed in starting most of the riots (btw this tactic is not new as Police in Montebello - Outside Ottawa - a few years back were caught
doing similar things at a G8 summit)
okok since you asked: here is the full length docu:
Heres some costs associated with a weekend of political shenanigans, iotherwise known as the G20 (remember this was over 3 days)
almost 1 billion dollars was spent on:
Over $230k on sun screen, moisturizers, and insect repellant
G20 spending, as highlighted in a report by Chief Bill Blair.
• Allen-Vanguard Corp., tactical headgear — helmets, gas masks, eye shields (5,200 units): $2,246,479
• Aramark Canada, meals: $851,210
• Compass Group Canada (Beaver), meals: $1,349,414
• Delta Chelsea Inn, 17 rooms, meals, meeting rooms: $2,619,555
• Eastern Developments Co-Tenancy, lease of Eastern Ave. site used for detentions: $1,769,853
• Hyatt Regency, rooms and meeting rooms: $712,440
• Marriott Hotel, rooms: $522,210
• Metropolitan Hotel, rooms: $546,264
• Met-Scan Canada Ltd., CCTV cameras, fibre-optics, related equipment: $1,176,180
• Motorola Canada, radio rentals (2,500 units): $4,612,394
• Renaissance Toronto Hotel, rooms: $870,947
• TTC, bus rentals: $501,492
(the above numbers are 100% accurate and were published in every major national newpaper.
n 2000, Sheila Fraser the Federal Auditor General revealed that one billion dollars was essentially unaccounted for in then Human Resources Minister
Jane Stewart's department. Then there is the matter of the $600,000 loan to the gran mére hotel, which Jean Chretien, the Prime Minister of Canada
personally shepherded. When the head of the Canadian Business Development Bank objected to granting the loan, his career was unceremoniously
The Gomery inquiry detailed how nearly $200 million disappeared into various Quebec sponsorship programs, a significant portion of which found its way
back into the coffers of Quebec's Liberal Party. Not a single politician was punished as a result of the Adscam scandal, while two small-fry, Jean
Brault and Chuck Guité, received slaps on the wrist.
Ottawa police department is totally screwed beyond belief, but thankfully a judge has put an end to it all and is now going to be laying charges
against police officers )if you call them that) for the years of abuse and sexual confrontations with victims that they have caused.
Hopefully that gets you started!