It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi says could join al-Qaeda in "holy war" against the West

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Gaddafi says could join al-Qaeda in "holy war" against the West

www.monsters andcritics.com

anti-government rebels, whom he described as 'terrorists linked to Osama bin Laden,' but warned that if the West were to attack his country, he would ally his forces with al-Qaeda in a 'holy war'.

Gaddafi made the remarks in an interview with Milan-based daily Il Giornale from his his headquarters in the Libyan capital Tripoli.

Asked whether he feared ending up like former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who was toppled by a US-led invasion and then hanged for war crimes, Gaddafi said: 'No, our war is against al-Qaeda.'

However, 'if they (the West) behave with us as they did in Ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Unbelievable news these days
We could make long thread about it, but I have an suspicion that in one hour time even more news will come out. Its to much to process

Gaddafi made the remarks in an interview with Milan-based daily Il Giornale from his his headquarters in the Libyan capital Tripoli.

We should keep an eye on this development.

Back to Japan

www.monsters andcritics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He's crazy. Why would he want to give the US an excuse to bomb the crap out of his country? One hint of Al-Qaeda setting up shop in Libya and it would be all over for him.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hang on Gaddafi,you said AQ was responsible for the dissent,now you want to align with them against the west?
Good lord,talk about mental...
I can literally see his "team" wiping the froth away from his wretched jibbering mouth as he makes these statements.
The being previously known as Gaddaffi is now certified madder than a bag of starving ferrets who are suspended just out of reach of a nice juicy rabbit family IMO.

He needs to be dealt with IMO,before he starts letting off his mustard gas.

Respect to those who have suffered in Libya under Gaddaffi,I hope they get help before it is too late.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Obviously, he is desperate to hang on to his power if he is using U.S. propaganda.

If he gets past this uprising, then Iran and Cuba don't have anything on this nut.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

He SAID-

IF - the US starts the kind of crap they did in Iraq

THEN - he would ally with al-Qaeda.

He is saying that right NOW he is against them, and terrorism, but that he will do whatever it takes to prevent the US from doing to Libya what it did to Iraq. Which doesnt really sound crazy. Desperate, maybe, but not crazy. Clearly he is trying to get people to realize that the US is behind whats going on in the Mid East right now.

Unfortunately, even though us attacking leaders in the Mid East is becoming so, so old that everyone should be aware this is about oil and greed by now, many Americans and others will believe that this is really about "democracy."

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

With all due respect, you sound crazier than Gaddafi.

You arent "the west" you are just a peon like the rest of us. You are not a member of a winning team, you are a resource. The people who want to oust him, who ousted Saddam, they dont care about the people of Iraq, (they killed more than Saddam did) and they dont care about the people of Libya, (they will kill how ever many it takes to achieve their ends) and they also dont care about you.

These people are also responsible in part for the huge debt we have, and are bleeding our country dry to make themselves rich. Not for the glory of America.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

yeah,maybe i am crayzier than gaddafi,but in a good way.
I wouldn't try to kill on a mass scale to acheive power-that must be crazy.
Maybe I am also madder than those you hint are responsible for the middle east uprising...soros and his buddies,or whoever it may be.
I must be mad to disagree with these latest soft power tactics by the secret elite.
But I do disagree,and I am sane.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am skeptical about the legitimacy of the quotes. al-Qaeda worked with with MI6 in attempts to assassinate Ghaddafi in the late '90s. Ghaddafi just said that al-Qaeda has set up camp in Libya and is causing unrest. I seriously doubt the two would be allies.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is so laughable...

First he accuses Osama Bin Laden of drugging his people and blames him for the uprising. Now, he suggests that he may join Bin Laden's al-Qaeda.

That's rich!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im not saying I like or support Gaddafi, I am just reacting to the fact that what is happening to him is wrong, no matter what a jerk he is. Just like what happened to Saddam was wrong, no matter what a jerk he was.

Wealthy business people should not be toppling governments around the world just to make it easier for them to get rich. (or buying them by controlling the media like they do here in the US.) The same people who are screwing him are screwing us. I can understand why you might not like Gaddafi, but I dont understand your seeming "glee" that the greed mongers that are ruining America are wrecking havoc in the Mid East.

Especially since if they cant get him to drop out via a media manufactured "revolution" our poor broke ass country the US is going to be plundered further to pay to make these rich bastards richer and help win their little mid east chess game.

Im tired of America lives, and American wealth being stolen by corporatists to screw other countries over and to undermine our democracy here at home as well. Our main real surviving asset is our military, and personally, it pisses me off to see the elite exploiting it for their own ends.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

There is plenty of room in the Middle East for you if you hate it here so much.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Where did the poster express a desire to live in the Middle East or a hatred of America? The poster said that he/she is tired of American lives being used by wealthy people to subvert other countries and their people. To me, that shows a great love for America and Americans.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Geez, I thought he originally blamed all of his troubles (riots, etc) on Al-Qaeda.
I wish he would make up his mind........(hard to do when you are a lunatic, tho).
edit on 16-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't believe I stated he had a desire to live in the ME. Maybe you read wrong. This "broke ass country" is better than most, and damn sure better than most in the M.E. I have been.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Obviously, if the people are fighting against him, they arent going to listen to him when he says '' go join alqaeda ''

bloody idiot!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Im not saying I like or support Gaddafi, I am just reacting to the fact that what is happening to him is wrong, no matter what a jerk he is. Just like what happened to Saddam was wrong, no matter what a jerk he was.

Umm what?..........

Gaddafi airstrikes his own people.. he's just a jerk, don't bother him tho.
Saddam gases his own people.. he's just a jerk, don't bother him tho.

Obama tries to find affordable healthcare for all and he must be assisinated?..

LMAO.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Wealthy business people should not be toppling governments around the world just to make it easier for them to get rich. (or buying them by controlling the media like they do here in the US.) The same people who are screwing him are screwing us. I can understand why you might not like Gaddafi, but I dont understand your seeming "glee" that the greed mongers that are ruining America are wrecking havoc in the Mid East.

Especially since if they cant get him to drop out via a media manufactured "revolution" our poor broke ass country the US is going to be plundered further to pay to make these rich bastards richer and help win their little mid east chess game.

Im tired of America lives, and American wealth being stolen by corporatists to screw other countries over and to undermine our democracy here at home as well. Our main real surviving asset is our military, and personally, it pisses me off to see the elite exploiting it for their own ends.

Massively well said.You are right on the button.
I can't disagree with what you said.
Its all about the mega corps now,governments were yesterdays news.
Its about those who FUND the governments now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

There is plenty of room in the Middle East for you if you hate it here so much.

I LOVE my country. And you dont get to say whether or not I leave. Im not playing that 'follow the party line or you are not a patriot" game. I can think for myself.

And in response to your worry about my calling the US a broke ass country, I mean that literally. We are broke. Our government is threatening to shut down because we cant get our budget right. States are having to cut services. Our debt is over 14 TRILLION dollars. I dont want my country paying for another mid east war to make some rich jackoffs richer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a man cant kill,if he is killed.
what are they waiting on?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join