It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible New Powerline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A new powerline that is (almost) completed may allow the electric cooling systems to resume their functions at the devastated reactors.

Let us hope this is the truth.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I also saw on the news this morning that some big generators were being shipped to the reactors to provide power for the cooling pumps.

I hope they can get it under control.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

The general consensus in other threads seems to be that it would be too little, too late. If the containment is damaged (as is believed) then the water will just go everywhere. Also, have you seen the state the reactors are in after the explosions? Wires and pipes broken and hanging everywhere.......will anything even work anymore?

Still, anything is good news and worth a try at this point

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Band-Aid on a bullet wound, I'm afraid.

But here's to hoping it works

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I am pessimistic too.. But at this point, isn't hope all we have left?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They need to get power to the area and keep it on. Hopefully this signals the beginning of the entombment of the site.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I hope they can connect to the power plant before the radiation gets too high. But who knows what cables went broken or got damaged by the heat/earthquake/explosion/tsunami. but at some time, when the heat gets to much, they cannot physically get the waterlevel above the core/meltdown because the (maybe, i dont really know, it depends on pressure and the diameter of the waterpipes) water will evaporate imidiatly... no chance when the point of no return is overstepped.

new topics

top topics

join