It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nuclear Chain Reaction could be Underway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasteronfire
Thanks for the post.

Although I was under the impression that it's impossible for a 'mushroom cloud type explosion'. I won't pretend that I know anything about nuclear reactions and the idea that it couldn't explode like a nuclear bomb could stem subconsciously from the fact that I'm terrified that this is the eventual conclusion of this situation. I don't really know but my thoughts and prayers are with everyone and if someone has more information regarding what exactly happens.

For a fissile explosion the fuel needs to be +90% enriched. The fuel in the Japanese station is probably less than 5%.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

aehem, please read my post again :-) maybe you missunderstood me because of my lack of english.
I never mentoined electrons. Please read a physic book to understand the difference between neutrons & electrons. Electron stripping happens all around (in semi conductors for example, right in front of you, you look at it now)
edit on 16-3-2011 by verschickter because: forgot something

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Sorry I will go read it now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Ok I understand what your saying.

Did I miss something. I get what your saying.

I agree no shroom cloud. I agree about the heating as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I will say this, OP has a valid thread.

While it may not be an atomic explosion that we are familiar with this could represent a very serious problem just like chernobyl in the sense of leaking radiation.

if you get a chance lookup the history channel show about after humans. It explain what happens when nuclear power plants are cut off from the support services that maintain them for a long time. we're not looking at a nuclear type explosion, but we are looking at a massive leak of radiation and bad stuff!

add in the fact that this country just experience a massive earthquake, where as chernobyl did not have that to deal with. Its going to be a lot harder to secure this incident!
edit on 3/16/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i repeat it again

-no mushroom cloud
-no explosion like a atomic bomb
-no electrons mentoined by me

I studdied this in terms of my training as a certified engineer. if you want i will pull out my exam presentation, its in german but you would understand it because of the animations.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Mods, delete please before people read this and think "this is how its like" because this is furious nonsense
edit on 16-3-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
IDoes anyone know what the plan of action is?'m not trying to make light of this, I just wonder why Halleburton isn't jumping on this one and come to the rescue. They seem to deal in just about every disaster known to man.

I suppose not this time. Are they going to try to contain some of this? It sounded to me yesterday as though they abandoned the whole thing?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
To all the haters in this thread, it seems the OP's basic assumption has come true. There is no longer fresh water flowing into the reactors to cool them down. this could be a very serious event!
Source

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
No hating but the only sentence he wrote in the OP is completly wrong

The equels Explosion, Nuckear Explosion, like Mushroom Cloud! Lets all hope this does not happen

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why do folks think of the Atom Bomb mushroom cloud? Thats not what happens. Explosion yes. But of particles up into the atmosphere...invisible to the eye that will travel and fall on things. No cloud, no way...not the same as an Atom BOMB...because it isnt a bomb.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
you name it, there is no physical background

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join