It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges citizens within 80 km of Japan plant leave immediately...farther than the Japanese govern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

In the wake of current events, it seems that the US is asking its citizens in Japan to adhere to a 50 mile radius as a safe zone from the reactor. The US embassy in Tokyo released the following...

"We are recommending, as a precaution, that American citizens who live within 50 miles of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant evacuate the area or to take shelter indoors if safe evacuation is not practical," it said.

The Japaneses government is stating that there should only be a 18 mile zone for its citizens so what is the real story here? Should we be getting our people out of there now? all of them....

My worry is that this is not going to get better and north Japan is going to be 'dead' for years to come, especially if there is a full melt down of any of the cores which would and could effectively destroy the aquifer and land in and around the island of Japan.

This is going to have widespread consequences...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

That can't be right...the US government wants to kill all American citizens.

Didn't you hear, that is why they have bought up all the KI pills.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, rumors will spread quickly with this conflict of official advisories. It's smart actually - this way the Japanese government can avoid criticism for expanding the zone, but enough people will become concerned so as to move away based on the rumors.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Always thinking three steps ahead...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
France was urging people to leave or at least go south, and also speculating that the Japanese government isn't being truthful and isn't in control of the situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My point here has been seen. The US is in a weird position that they do not want to cause panic but they also want to make sure they were among the first to say get the hell out. No culpability. We warned you...I personally would be gone with my family if I was able too.

This is not a gulf spill or a hurricane...this is also not just an earthquake...it is also a tsunami...and now there are reactors that are melting down. 10's of thousands are dead...I understand the need to not cause panic and I think right now the island is not prepared for a mass exodus but I believe that they are preparing.

Another fear I have is NK...now is a perfect time for a nuclear test from those crazy bastards.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you have to be TOLD to evacuate the nearby premises of a blown nuclear reactor then you may have more serious issues to deal with. Wouldn't that be common sense? Survival instinct?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Please watch the video.

Holt and his team had been near the location of the Fukushima nuclear power plant. All major news teams were forced to retreat from the region after the threat of a meltdown increased, but NBC had its crew screened when they got to a safer location. The tests found radiation on Holt's shoes, even after they were scrubbed completely. Holt showed a video of a man with a Geiger counter screening him, and finding the radiation

This is not fear mongering in this case I would think but true reporting. ANY traces are scary...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And now the British Government is requesting all citizens to LEAVE....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Looks like they joined France.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yup, looks like the US has had enough of the Japanese under-reporting this event...

www.bbc.co.uk...

US officials have concluded that the Japanese warnings have been insufficient, and that, deliberately or not, they have understated the potential threat of what is taking place inside the nuclear facility, according to the New York Times. Gregory Jaczko, the chairman of the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, earlier said he believed that all the water in the spent fuel pool at reactor 4 had boiled dry, leaving fuel rods stored there exposed. "We believe that radiation levels are extremely high, which could possibly impact the ability to take corrective measures," he told a Congressional committee.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great find here is another source!

The *fear mongers* have been saying this for 3 days now!!!

THIS IS NOT FEAR MONGERING GET THE HELL AWAY!!!!

Of course japan is downplaying the whole thing, the USA can not
ignore it anymore!!!!
U.S. Calls Radiation ‘Extremely High’ and Urges Deeper Caution in Japan

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

join