It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmanned plane to fly over with infrared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

I saw this first on the BBC but now I can't find the link. Anyway, they plan to allow the U.S to fly a spy plane over to take a look at the nuclear facility. I guess this is pretty bad when they have to fly an unmanned plane over. Probably it isn't to see if anything can be done, maybe it is just to see how long we have before inevitable meltdown.

search.japantimes.co.jp...
www.thejakartaglobe.com...
edit on 16-3-2011 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Or, since they have the technology to do so, why risk a human to do it.

Seems like it's more prudent to use a robot for some jobs when you may not be completely sure of the risks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I mean we have all this technology and yet we are just going to send a drone plane? Dont we have any other way to shut down the reactors? Like i said before were just a time bomb being HeldHostage.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am not against using robots. I guess I wasn't clear on why I posted this. I wouldn't put a person at risk anyway. I am just saying that now it is such a risk to be in the area. I am thinking that we are not being told much and they sugarcoat what they do tell us. But if they aren't wanting to put anyone at risk, it must be bad. They just don't want anyone to panic.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Or they just don't want to put anyone at risk.

There are already lots of people at risk, why add another?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I would think that the US military has already done this at a high altitude and this is for a more local review since it is reported that US military forces are not allowed within 50 miles of the plant. Prayers with those who live there.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HeldHostage14

Unfortunately there is no magic switch that can be pulled to turn the reactor off. Every Nuclear reactor in the world is a potential Nuclear bomb waiting to go off.

Yet the U.K government are still pushing for more to be built. Maybe they will change their minds after all of this, but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good way to survey the damage.

They fly unmanned drones to kill people... Why not to save them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What about all the nsa,cia mil spec satellites? Someone posted about such things already, they now how bad it is with there real time world view.

new topics

top topics

join