It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive online pedophile ring busted by cops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

It is possible there is still a sting in operation or something since I repeated the name of the website as it was given on ABC news and received an "extreme T& C violation" which looks a little suspicious.
Why give the name of the website on ABC News but keep it off ATS? Unless they are trying to catch someone who is lurking here and maybe this is a privacy violation?

I don't know. I hope no one gets the idea I am a predator - removing my post for some strange reason.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Ya know, I have to say. This is one example where the most crewl tortures should be allowed. Castration, torture then death with out possibility of release. No 10 year waiting period... I'm talking right after the conviction...

"Sir/Maam, you've been convicted of pedophillia. Please walk down the hall with this officer to the room on the right where you will be executed promptly. Thank you and have a great day!"

Then two months later we find out that it was their twin brother that was actually guilty.

And if you think murder is justified by a sex offense, you are more deranged than they are. Think of it this way. Would you rather your kid come home abused, or not come home at all? Because if you make it a capital crime, it won't make any sense for them to let the victims live.

All it takes for an idiotic knee-jerk reaction to get people to lick the fascist boot heel is to say "pedophile" or "terrorist."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
Think of it this way. Would you rather your kid come home abused, or not come home at all?

Neither. I'd rather we eliminate the threat in its earliest stage. I could care less for pedo's, time wasted to try and help them and not my problem. This is like an intruder coming into my home. If you do and I didn't invite you, your dead it's that simple. You are a threat to society and no amount of conditioning or medicine could help. To all the ones who want to help them, no problem you do it and with your kids around. What happens when you believe you've cured these people and they re-offend, is that a risk worth taking ? At what point do the attempts stop because the threat level is too high.

brill
edit on 17-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think people need a little perspective here. We've only lived less than 10% of our species evolution in civilization. Before then, alpha males would stick it pretty much wherever they pleased. They stuck it in other males, in various females, and ... age didn't much matter. In fact, it was instinctual to get it on with your kids, because this was the only way to teach them.

Now, I'm not saying that it's natural, so is okay. We didn't have morality back then as we do now. What seems a bit bizarre to me, is that in many cases, it's not the act... but the reactions of society that causes the most suffering.

I think that having a primary sexual attraction to prepubescents is mostly innate. I think most pedophiles are suffering more than most can imagine, and rarely act on their desires. I had a long time friend who finally came out to me that she was a pedophile. She never acted on it, but said the desires were strong. She was ashamed of it, but said it had always been there and didn't think any amount of therapy would help. I don't judge her for having this genetic propensity, and innate desire. I felt bad for her.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I harbor no illusions about rehabilitation. But you have several key problems. First of all, you have pedophile offenders hiding behind the cover of non-pedo offenders, such as a 20 year old man who has a 16 year old girlfriend. Where do you really draw the line? Secondly, you put far too much faith in the system to accurately prosecute offenders. Sex crimes in particular are so emotionally charged that getting to the truth of the matter is very difficult.

And lastly, your notion that killing sex offenders will stop sex crimes is just stupid. Put the death penalty on the books, and watch the rate of missing children, never to be seen again, skyrocket.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by brill
And lastly, your notion that killing sex offenders will stop sex crimes is just stupid. Put the death penalty on the
books, and watch the rate of missing children, never to be seen again, skyrocket.

No actually its spot on, kill them if they are repeat offenders, they are nothing but a burden to society. The world has enough problems. It gets tiring when we try to solve everything with things that don't always work or, again, the risk it too high. Hey if a penal colony on some island works that's fine for me. Re-integrate them somewhere else, perhaps with their own ilk so that the rest of a functioning society can move ahead with bigger problems. Just keep them away from children at all costs.

brill

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
One can certainly maintain anonymity on the Net if one chooses, it can be done.

Oh really ???? well let's read what
the investigators had to say about that.

"What we have shown today is that while these offenders felt anonymous in some way because they were using the Internet to communicate, the technology was actually being used against them," Davies said. "Everything they did online, everyone they talked to or anything they shared could be, and was, tracked by following the digital footprint."

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And lastly, your notion that killing sex offenders will stop sex crimes is just stupid. Put the death penalty on the books, and watch the rate of missing children, never to be seen again, skyrocket.

I would totally agree with that statement.
If you impose the death penalty on Pedophiles,
then you also impose the death penalty indirectly
on it's victims.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

One can certainly maintain anonymity on the Net if one chooses, it can be done.

Oh really ???? well let's read what
the investigators had to say about that.

"What we have shown today is that while these offenders felt anonymous in some way because they were using the Internet to communicate, the technology was actually being used against them," Davies said. "Everything they did online, everyone they talked to or anything they shared could be, and was, tracked by following the digital footprint."

www.foxnews.com...

And your point? So because someone says your exposed you openly accept that as fact. You are aware that many a cyber crime has been committed without a trace, the best ones are never caught. I would say for the average Internet user who has their whereabouts plastered on every corner via social media or other public crap, absolutely they are fair and open game. It's normal to fear what one does not understand.

brill

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

And your point? So because someone says your exposed you openly accept that as fact. You are aware that many a cyber crime has been committed without a trace, the best ones are never caught. I would say for the average Internet user who has their whereabouts plastered on every corner via social media or other public crap, absolutely they are fair and open game. It's normal to fear what one does not understand.

brill

I would agree with ya to a certain extent.
But we are not talking about avg internet
users here. A lot of these pedos were
trying to mask their identities using
multiple proxies and were still caught.
Law enforcement attacks a crime on
multiple fronts and combines the evidence
from multiple sources to piece the puzzle
together. While you may remain anonymous
on one front, you may not however be
anonymous on the other front.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I would agree with ya to a certain extent.
But we are not talking about avg internet
users here. A lot of these pedos were
trying to mask their identities using
multiple proxies and were still caught.
Law enforcement attacks a crime on
multiple fronts and combines the evidence
from multiple sources to piece the puzzle
together. While you may remain anonymous
on one front, you may not however be
anonymous on the other front.

One can be anonymous if one chooses, its a matter of applied knowledge. There's a perception out that proxies are the frontline method to attain anonymity, they are but a small piece to a variety of opportunity. I won't argue in this presented case that these morons couldn't have been caught, one only has to consider their other motives to show how stupid they are. I think law enforcement can be effective and they certainly can chase down people, no question about it, but anonymity is available for the ones who truly want it, you just have to work at it. What I find more surprising with your post was outright acceptance from the establishment given your numerous other posts that typically counter these types of initiatives (ie. downplaying government in general). Thanks for your post.

brill
edit on 17-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What is really sad is that the guy who ran the site (the head honcho guy, the facilitator to these awful crimes) was caught and he only got 3 to 5 years in prison....meanwhile some guy caught with a pound of marijuana goes to prison for 20 years to life....does anyone else see something wrong with this???

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessbrainsyndrome
What is really sad is that the guy who ran the site (the head honcho guy, the facilitator to these awful crimes) was caught and he only got 3 to 5 years in prison....

can you say plea bargain ???
the article already stated that he helped
de-crypt files so they could catch some
of the participants.

My question is how did he just get sentenced
and the others are just now getting caught?
Big time difference between the 2. He must have
gotten caught years ago and they continued to
maintain the site to catch everybody else.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
does anyone know if cutting off a paedos whatsits will stop them from having these sick thoughts?

if it does then why dont we just castrate those who are guilty?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by martinthemartian

I see no reason to think that would stop it.

It seems to be more of a problem with hormones and neural-chemistry/biology.

I think those who offend need to be isolated from children. Not sure exactly how best to do that.

Chopping of their penis will only make it so that they can't penetrate in that way.

Edit: Actually, I think you were including the sack in there as well... well, I'm not sure. There's a lot of sexual hormones in the testes...so maybe that would curb the desire entirely. I don't know.
edit on 17-3-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What I find more surprising with your post was outright acceptance from the establishment given your numerous other posts that typically counter these types of initiatives (ie. downplaying government in general).

Not sure I quite understand what you are saying here
but if you think I am anti-government, no I am not.
However, I do think gov oversteps it's bounds and
breaks laws which it should not. It's hypocritical
to imprison a man for a crime when a gov official
gets immunity for the same offense (Pentagon).
That is not anti-government, that is holding
government accountable to their actions as well
as individuals.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

well i dont beleive in the death penalty so i was trying to think of another way that wold stop these weirdos...

if you could stop there dirty thoughts then they could be released after theyve served there time !

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
and just one more thing I'd like to add.
I'll bet when the list is posted of ALL
those arrested and what countries
they are from, I'd be willing to bet
that Islamic countries are omitted.
From what I know of Islam, pedophilia
runs rampant in Sharia Law. Men, 30
yrs old marrying 12 yr old brides.
Is that not pedophilia as well ???
How come Islamic countries get
a free pass in this sting? Once again,
hypocritical in nature. It can't be
just because they are a religious
group. Warren Jeffs was in a religious
group with child brides and he's still in
prison. Why the favoritism toward Islam ???
Or am I missing something ??? or have
my facts wrong ???

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by martinthemartian

Perhaps in the future we can reprogram their mindset... actually change the neurobiology over many sessions of some sort of high-tech therapy.... as for right now, I think it's mostly up to how intelligent the individual is. Generally speaking, the more intelligent, the more self control people have over their instincts. I know many may disagree here, but I think it's embedded within our species psyche, instinctively, to have the desire to sexualize our offspring. It seems to me that most people shove this thought straight into the subconscious and it never manifests except as slight neurosis or what have you. It seems that pedophiles simply don't have the ability to override this instinct. This desire stays with them, and it doesn't go away.

I don't think you can ever help change that desire, but what you may be able to do is help people to cope with this desire so that they don't offend, or re-offend, but honestly... I think that's about as likely as changing an alcoholic. The desire will be with them their whole lives, and perhaps only with "time" ... a gradual balancing of the psyche, may they get their desires under control.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

i agree with a lot of what u say

i just wish there was a way to punnish these weirdos without needding to lock them up indefinately !

its likely that a lot of our attitudes to paedos is based on our culture, so i agree that we may be a bit harsh on them but it wold still be good if we could isolate them from thoughts bout young kids

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join