It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres. Herman Cain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I put up a thread yesturday asking if People thought Trump could win the GOP bid. Most think no, so i was wondering if you people think an outsider like Herman Cain could win? He has some Tea party backing and is also a successful business man. Here is a link to a blog about him for those who are not sure who he is. It is well worth reading. joshtolley.wordpress.com...
edit on 16-3-2011 by badgerman24 because: Added somthing

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

What's with the Cains?
I don't trust any of them. Nothing that even sounds like Cain.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
With the way things are going currently I believe someone who is not a lifelong politician will fare better in the elections. Someone who is an "outsider" so to say. I know personally I no longer vote for lifelong politicians. They can go jump in a volcano. So yes, I think a successful business person has a chance.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think it will be Marco Rubio out of Florida. He is on a meteoric rise right now, he stomped a popular Charlie Crist, he is attractive, articulate, with a model for a wife. The Tea Party loves him, he is a newcomer like Obama was. He can play the role of an outsider and play the role of a politician both equally well.

Look for Marco Rubio to be making noise.

One thing for sure, it better not be Palin or Gingrich! I will vote for Obama again, before I will vote for either of those two, and I am a Tea Partier myself!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think if Marco were to run he could do well but he would need someone like Walker or Romney to help lift his chances.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Rubio/Romney would be great. I could support that. Forward this email to the RNC.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
All the real prospective candidates right now:

Herman Cain
Donald Trump
Michele Bachmann
Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
Tim Pawlenty
Mike Huckabee
Newt Gingrich
Haley Barbour

All the potential Vice Presidential candidates:

Marco Rubio
Eric Cantor
Chris Christie
Bob McDonnell
Nikki Haley
Bobby Jindal

Pretty much you can limit the race down the 4 potential powerhouses each having power from their own group of the party.

Mitt Romney - Pro-business, Moderates, Liberals, & Establishment
Ron Paul - Grass roots, Libertarians, anti-war & Tea Party
Newt Gingrich - Neoconservatives & Social conservatives
Mike Huckabee - Social conservatives & Tea Party

In the end I see the power struggle will be between the 'Populist' candidate Mike Huckabee and the 'Affluent' candidate Mitt Romney, just like the Democratic primaries of 2008 between 'Populist' candidate Hillary Clinton and 'Affluent' candidate Obama.

I think the important aspect of winning the election will be who offers the best program of creating jobs, stimulating the economy, refraining from too many social issues, and about what America's role in the world should be, also to a lesser extent the Afghan War.

In the end I see it as Mitt Romney v. Barack Obama. Problem then becomes Romney's religion and the power structure of the GOP based in the South. Obama could silently manipulate this issue, raise the awareness of his Christian religion (many Evangelicals do not consider Mormons as Christians) and swing many Evangelical voters to his side as a protest type of vote. Romney could steal many of the Rockefeller Republicans from the Northeast, use his family ties to the Great lakes for his benefit, and use his Mormonism as a tool in the West.

Pretty much I would predict Obama extend his power south into states such as Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Virginia, and Missouri to move many Republicans to his side in this region (does not mean he would win many of those states just increase his vote there). Romney could extend his power to the Northeast states such as Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania (also add Michigan as his father was prominent there) and the inter-mountain West states such as Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Nevada.

Who wins the election? I don't know. But I do expect to see, if Romney is nominated as GOP candidate, many Northeast and Southeast "solid blue" and "solid red" states become competitive only if the campaign refrains from many social issues.

GOP VP candidates to run with Romney would either be Bob McDonnell or Marco Rubio.

Just the opinion of someone who accurately predicted the 2008 Presidential election results map (except Colorado and Indiana).

edit on 3/16/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I mostly agree with that list, but i think Scott Walker should be on the VP list. He is doing some big things here in Wisconsin.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Not sure why anyone would support someone for President that was a Deputy Chairman and then a Chairman of one of the Branches of the Federal Reserve (private) bank (in Kansas City). That alone makes him untrustworthy.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think a third party needs to rise up and take control. I know it is almost imposible for that to happen but it would be great if it did.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What if he were to try to be on a bipartisan ticket? Would you vote for him then?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nope, he was part of the Federal Reserve system == can't be trusted.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

My brother is trying to get into a position with the Federal Reserve, or the Foreign Service, or whoever will take him and pay him well, LOL! Anyway, my point is that some people might be there to try and do good? Just being part of the system doesn't make you all bad, even if the system is bad as a whole.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thats not true. Some people are ok it's just the heads of it that are rats

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

Thats not true. Some people are ok it's just the heads of it that are rats

He was the Chairman = Head of the KC Fed Reserve, thus, he is a rat.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't think he has what it takes but its nice to get new blood in there sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join