It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Writes a Letter From Destroyed Sendai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What the real situation amogst people in Japan is best shown from a letter that an English teacher from Sendai wrote to her friends, and is now rapidly spreading on "facebook", and the "net"

"Here in Sendai everything looks pretty unreal. But I am blessed with lovely friends that help me a great deal.
Because my apartment dosent really deserve that name anymore i have mooved to a friend. We share what we have: water, food and heaters. We all sleep by each other on the floor, eat by candle light, tell stories. It`s warm, and the atmosphere is friendly and lovely.

Over the day we help each other clean up the mess in our homes. Some sit in cars and watch the news on their navigation devices or stand in lines for water when a hydrant becomes active. Iff somone gets water in their apartment, people put signs so others can come fill their canisters and buckets." Says profesor Anne and adds:

"It is surprising how where I am located there are no thefts or pushing in lines. People leave their homes wide open because its safer that way iff an earthquake hits. I hear them repeating: `it was like this once when everyone was helping each other.` The earthquakes keep coming back. Last night there was one each 15 minutes. I hear sirens and helicopters all day.

There was water in our apartments last night for a few hours, and now it`s working over the day aswell. The electicity came back today afternoon. We don`t have gas yet tho. But it`s all up to the location. For some it works, for others it does not. We havent washed for days. We feel dirty, but we have more important things to worry about. I like how we have discarded the unimportant things. We are living to the fullest on the bases of instinct, intuition, care, survival, not just for ourselves, but for the whole group", says the profesor.

"I am noticing odd paralel situations. In some places the homes are a total mess, and then I see a house with neatly folded beds, or clothes hanging from the clothes lines drying in the sun. I see people standing in lines for food and water, and at the same time I see people walking their dogs. There is unexpected beauty. At night there is compleete silence. No cars. There is noone on the streets, and the night sky is filled with stars. Usualy you can see two or three, but now the whole sky is covered in stars. The mountains over Sendai stand firm and when the air is clear we can see their glorious siluete in the sky", she continues in her letter.

The proffesor points out how the Japaneese people are wonderfull. "Each day I come to my apartment to see how things are, i`m sending this e-mail because electricity is back, and I got water and food that somone has left on my doorstep, I have no idea who it was, but it is here for me. Seniors in green hats go from door to door checking iff everyone is allright. People ask compleete strangers iff thay are allright. I cant see any signs of fear. Collaboration with fate yes, but fear or panic no."

The letter allso states how citizens are warned that thay can expect more `strikes`, even of the same magnitude in the next month or more. Shaking is felt all the time, as the profesor concludes:

"In these surcomstances I for some reason have a direct showing that there is a huge cosmic step forward in the whole world. I for some reason feel that in the middle of these experiances in Japan my heart is opening wide. My brother asked me do I feel `smaller then a poppy seed` because of what had happened. No. In fact, I feel somthing much larger than myself is happening. This wave of rebirths (around the world) is hard, but still magnificent", says the profesor.

The letter was translated by me, so Please take it easy on me I did the best I could in the short time I have.

The letter was taken from a Croatian site in the link below, thank you!

danas.net.hr...

edit on 16-3-2011 by kera1337 because: typo

edit on 16-3-2011 by kera1337 because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If a tsunami or other disaster were to hit the place where I live in Canada, I doubt we would handle it nearly as well.

I hope that these tremors stop and the Japanese can get on to rebuilding their nation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Japanese are an amazing people. It's the only other place on Earth i'd live on...
I'd like to be there, now, at least to DO something...
Crap.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Yep thay are COMPLETLY different people, funy how when this happens to America you need to sit enfront of your property with a gun...

Bad things happen to good people I guess, and it sucks

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What a great read and no wonder it is going viral. I myself think I will help that along. It is so sad to think it would probably be the complete opposite here in the states if the same tragedy were to occur. To say some people would look like animals would probably be a understatement. Then again if I recall correctly, when hurricane Andrew hit the people seemed to unite pretty well.

To say man is resilient in the worst of circumstance is probably a pretty good testament to our ongoing survival for all this time. It is just a shame that it takes a disaster to reach out to your neighbor. So much time wasted of what could have been many fine moments amongst comfort and when all was well.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If this was UK, the chavs would have taken over the asylum

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
Shaking is felt all the time, as the profesor concludes:

"In these surcomstances I for some reason have a direct showing that there is a huge cosmic step forward in the whole world. I for some reason feel that in the middle of these experiances in Japan my heart is opening wide. My brother asked me do I feel `smaller then a poppy seed` because of what had happened. No. In fact, I feel somthing much larger than myself is happening. This wave of rebirths (around the world) is hard, but still magnificent", says the profesor.

Wow. This last part of the letter shocked me. Is this the "new awakening" consciousness that people say will happen during 2012? Is this the beginning??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I dunno, the teacher is named "Anne" so I think seh just foreign and not really used to such a "mentality", I expected this from Japan, a higher consiusness to be honest.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337

All that I have written on this site, is nothing.

This is the beautiful new world we are entering into.

God Bless everyone...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I can imagen this is an eye-opening event for them. After all they live in a super crowded country, and when for the first time in decades there are stars to be seen, that really must feel great in some sort of way. I don't think it has anything to do with 2012, it's just such an event of epic proportions, that I can imagine such things. Especcialy when people react this way and help each other so well. Japan is a example for the rest of the world. Peace, high education, not to rich, not to poor, great infra, great moral, amazing deep culture, respect, order, calm, prosperity and discipline. I also think it is amazing that 'just' 4000 people died (as of yet off course) but still it's an impressively low number considering the magnitude of the earthquake and tsunami in such a crowded country.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HeadOn

Jep Japan seems to be a nearly perfect country, It takes ALOT of hard work to be the best at somthing I haven`t been there, but I hear its completly different, and I doubt that I would learn to acustom myself there..
Did you know that Japanese people can smile when somthing bad happens?
Did you know that Japaneese people get Literate around the age of 18, when thay learn enough symbols?
Imagine the difference.. But spiritualy, intelectualy, moraly thay are the top of my world!!

Love Japan

new topics

top topics

join