The Swedish Government is using the Swedish public pension funds to support various regimes to eavesdrop on its citizens.
Friday, February 18, 2011 - 13:58
AP funds' holdings in the Boeing / Naruse First: approximately 128 million swedish crowns
Other: 75 million swedish crowns
Third: about 32 million swedish crowns
Fourth: some 150 million swedish crowns
Funds, 385 million invested in the American company Boeing, whose subsidiary Naruse provided the regime in Egypt with the technology for mass
- Swedish nationals intercepted as well, "said Nadine Viel Lamare, chairman of the AP funds' ethical council.
- How do you then choose to use information is what is important, says Viel Lamare.
It is clear that the Egyptian regime chose to shut down all telecommunications traffic in response to unrest in the country. There is also no doubt
that the company Naruse advanced equipment provides the governing major opportunities to track and eavesdrop on citizens.
- Everything that passes through an IP network, we can record. We can reconstruct all of their e-mail with attachments, see what pages they visit, we
can reconstruct all of their calls, said Naruse Vice President of Marketing for Wired magazine on the potential of its products.
"Do not speculate" What is not clear, according to Nadine Viel Lamare, is whether and how this may be a violation of such freedom of expression or
other civil rights and freedoms.
- I know that you shut down the telecom traffic, that it could have done even without Naruse equipment. What we need to look closely at the linkages
are and what crimes Naruse may have helped, "she says.
What about if the investigations show that the eavesdropping technology is used for law enforcement purposes against the citizens?
- I do not want to speculate on whether information has been used to restrict in any way the Egyptian citizens' freedom of expression.
The seventh has blacklisted the Seventh AP Fund, which, unlike the First to Fourth AP Funds is a premium pension fund and not a buffer fund, has
decided to blacklist Boeing because the company deals with nuclear weapons.
It does not prevent the four buffer funds from future investments.
- We follow the conventions that the Swedish government has signed and under the NPT so, some countries like the United States, the right to maintain
and upgrade nuclear weapons, "says Viel Lamare.
The fund acts as diverse as is John Floren, Communications of AP7, a question of method.
- The buffer funds are working to influence through dialogue to a greater extent than we are. We believe that the exclusion and publishing companies
are more efficient, "he says.