It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from Fox News: Earthquake in North America Imminent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So they interview the Former USGS guy, and he says if you follow the ring of fire clockwise in a line of the latest big quakes then North America is next... he claims within the next couple of weeks, as in from today to the 26th we have a good chance of having a major quake
Not so sure this is all BS.. this guy did predict the San Francisco quake 4 days before it hit...

makes me wonder...

[url=http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4584933/a-major-earthquake-in-north-america-imminent]Link to fox News[/url
edit on 16-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I think you messed up the youtube video's ID number when putting it into the yvid bbcode.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

try it now...
I think I fixed it
let me also add must be a lot of folks watching it because it's slow to load

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Fox News..... lol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the month of march is and will be the "big event" for the World. I am surely going to keep preparing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I knew that there would be those that would discredit this because this was FOX.
Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But if it does, and no one said anything about what they knew, then they would blame them for withholding information!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The guy you speak can't make a prediction. He's fear mongering..nothing more! If he's so privy to information that the rest of the globe didn't have, why didn't he warn the Japanese? I'm not buying it. Besides the US has earthquakes all the time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We all love fox news
, but this time I think they interviewed the right guy. He's not a hobbyist spreading fear(even though I'm sure that's Fox's intention along with ratings), this guy knows his stuff. There is definitely something in the air, hope he's wrong but time will tell. BTW I think he even hopes he's wrong, that's why I tend to put a little more credence into what he's saying, and he was right before.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Hi Daddybear, as soon as I saw this came from 'you' I opened it, I know you have never been a scare monger nor ignorant, you deeply care about everyone.

I will watch this video then go do my shopping. I have much to get to prepare. Living on FS has its limitations.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I posted a thread on this this morning without realizing Fox did a story on it too.I have some evidence in addition to what Fox has. Stuff that comes from way before the Japan or other quakes shown here. The Cascade Subduction Zone has a quake historically every 250 years. It has been 311 years now, and they are usually pretty big ones.

It is building up to a definite major issue in the NW US from this fault I think.

My thread on this

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Fox news has not been fear mongering this. The opposite. They do not show a lot of footage and are downplaying it big time.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I saw that vid yesterday. Whilst I'm not convinced that he knows it all, it doesn't really take a scientist to see that we've had three immense earthquakes all around that zone, in a short space of time. If there ever was a pattern, then it's gone through three of the main four from how I see things, so, combined with the fact the "Big One" has been overdue for some time now, it's reasonable to be expecting something.

I'd wager that if the bookies are taking bets, the odds would suggest another biggie, soon.

Originally posted by PoorFool
Fox News..... lol

What wit, what poise! What...a lack of contribution to the thread. Why are you here again?

I agree - Faux news
...but why enter a thread to post a childish 'one-liner' that helps nobody.
At least make an effort.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would not believe any "expert" presented by Fox news. I wonder how many "experts" did they have to contact before they found one willing to go on the air to spread Fox's brand of doom and gloom?

Funny thing about TV scientific experts is that their opinion does not have to go through the scrutiny of a peer review and they usually provide little or no scientific data to back up their outrageous claims.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

The way I see it...
not fear but being prepared...
if I lived there I'd want to know, at least to fill a bunch of water bottles and buy more candles,,, food I got covered.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't care which news organization he went on, they are all the same anyway. The fact is, this makes lots of sense and we would be wise to pay attention and prepare. Did half the people in this thread even watch this video??????????????????

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If it follows the same pattern, I'm thinking alaska or canada or near the alaska/canada border. Any strange die offs in that area? Wait till the 19th/20th, when the super moon's peak is tugging on us.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Really does it matter who the messenger is? Not this one, this message is more likely to come to pass. He has been right before, why not heed the warning and get prepared?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
To help add some information to the OP

On June 23, 1946, Vancouver was struck with a 7.3

"This earthquake is Canada's largest historic onshore earthquake"

Interestingly enough, On April 1st, Hawaii was struck with a 14- metre high Tsunami, killing hundreds and injuring thousands.

Tsunami's are caused by displacement of water, meaning either an earthquake or volcano went off in the pacific

If a 9.0 causes little effect on Hawaii today, then who knows what caused a 14 meter wave. I will research if it reached Japan

Interestingly enough as well, the U.S detonated the first nuclear bomb in 1946 in the Pacific Ocean

August 4th, 1946- 8.0 Dominican Republic, killing 100, 20 000 homeless

Nov 10th, 1946- 7.4 Peru, 1400 killed

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hmm.. I never connected the mass deaths of fish and other sea life to possible Earthquakes. Fish have been showing up mostly in the Gulf (probably oil), the North East, which doesn't make sense for a major quake, and in South America around Brazil .. which again, doesn't make sense for a major quake.

Still though, the NW and California regions are due for a quake.. whether a major one or not, they are due for something.

living in the foothills of the Cascade, in the shadow of 3 volcanoes I gotta say .. I hope he's wrong.

Any MSM is hardly believable, and this isn't exactly "news reporting", I just want everyone who passed off the information, didn't watch the video, or otherwise just made an ass of themselves to know: You are incredibly ignorant, to the point of embarrassment.
edit on 3/16/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

join