It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy - Last Ditch Effort

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

No it is ok I am fine really. I just know it is not fine over there and noone really believe it but it is really bad. Really really bad.

My biggest problem is worring about my friends over there. I have met and been touched by so many over there.

If you have ever been and stayed over there for any lenght you know what I say when I say that I really feel for the people.

I was there on 9-11 and can tell you I have alot of admiration for the friends and family. I cannot tell you how many times I was invited to go to their homes for dinner and sat down and played with their kids. I was like part of the family. A least thay was how I was treated. With great respect.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'll say I'm no expert but to start using heli's to dump water on it and now a water cannon tells me the pumps are completely gone and its just a matter of time. Why they are doing this putting those lives in danger and not starting some sort of evacuation is beyond me. I know they don't want panic but panic will ensue no matter what they do. Time to get as many out as possible. This is definetly a better safe than sorry situation beyond all others.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes and they will require gens and freq converters as japan is 50 hz not 60 like the us. Motors some of our gear is both 50/60 universal.

The problem is the nuke suits are not as safe and are only safe at low levels . Google it and look up the specs for them. They can only hold off so much.

And those wearing the dust mask will die as that stuff travels right through the filter an sits right in front of the face posing a high risk to the thyroid as you thyroid is your neck area.

Game set match. Not protected. The only safe people will be tose on scuba. Anyone in the know will back up what I'm saying as fact. SCuba for particulate blocking. Skin and exposed body mass can take some high dosing.

Ever fligh high in the air at about 35tousand feet you get hit with alot of radiation.

If i know the U.S. Navy, they will be bringing their own portable generators.
We actually train with this kind of equipment everyday when the ship is in port.
We call it a fire drill. We also have security alerts but thats another story.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

true I don't think an islan evac is good.

But the definitly should be moving people north and south. If the wind changes direction which it does when rainy season comes it may kill thousands more than have already been dosed with high levels.

Move them now is my only opinion. That is the only safe thing to do.

The us is posted at the north and south so they are safe and will never evac... Never evac.

Now just start getting them out of the middle portion of the island as that is the bad area when the wind changes direction. It usuall blows over from China and heads east.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How I remember when I ran a safari park in Uganda, American visitors were known for getting freaked if they as much as saw a mosquito. And wasn't it Americans who panicked and actually QUEUED for their swine flu shots? Not saying this isn't serious but it should be mostly dispersed by the time it gets to you guys and the rest of us. I was out in the UK rain after Chernobyl and didn't grow 2 heads yet.
Oh and here comes the US to save the world - again. Have a thought also for those brave rescue teams from around the world who have been out there for days. As well as those living on the spot.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

A thank you to the US would suffice.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Yes I know. How many reactors and due you have any idea of the size of Fukashima compared to the little one.

There are many different one over there.

Not to sure but I suspect you have know idea what your talking about.

This is a worst case.

Not even believing the main stream and they are saying worst case.

I though it was worst case when they dumped sea water on it. Which is still the worst theing you can do. But they have no choice but to do this. No fear mongering hear this is the real deal here.

I'm hoping and praying for devin intervention on this one.

Sorry if I got you paniced but.

This is a fact worse case scenerio.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
reply to post by starchild10

A thank you to the US would suffice.

Just making the point that this continues to be an international effort.
Sometimes, with the US, this sort of thing gets missed.
Thank you to the brave Japanese people who have been fighting this at ground zero from the start (some will already be 'dead men walking').
Thank you to all the brave people from around the world who have put themselves in danger by going in to help - including the US

edit on 16-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
“last ditch effort” has a certain appeal to media folks when it’s a truly meaningless statement that conveys no information.....Of course not. They will try something else.

I agree with this. I think it's a phrase they put in there to whip people into a frenzy. Sensationalism...that's the true nature of the media beast today. It used to be information - exact, precise, informative. Now it's let's see if we can confuse and emote the people. When media turned into this, I threw in the towel. There was no room for those of us who were unbiased and logical anymore.

I DO think they'll continue to do what they can as long as they can. We are only human after all messing with a touchy technology.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Yes I know. How many reactors and due you have any idea of the size of Fukashima compared to the little one.

There are many different one over there.

Not to sure but I suspect you have know idea what your talking about.

This is a worst case.

Not even believing the main stream and they are saying worst case.

I though it was worst case when they dumped sea water on it. Which is still the worst theing you can do. But they have no choice but to do this. No fear mongering hear this is the real deal here.

I'm hoping and praying for devin intervention on this one.

Sorry if I got you paniced but.

This is a fact worse case scenerio.

OK, what is the worse case scenario? Are you talking about Japan or are you trying to suggest it's the worse case scenario for the whole world?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes I kmnow and I have been fully trained in NBC as well. I can tell you we have all the gear but the problem is getting in there at ground level and hooking the gear up. you can only get so close and then your dead on the spot.

Let me repeat this in case some don't chose to read it.

you can have all this great stuff fine. but you need a robotics to get it down there and set it up. This we don't have the time for. By the time you get the tech there it will be long gone.

We need to get cooling water specifically treated water and pump it into the core. That is not going to happen. I wish they could but it is way to hot in the are.

The rodas are burning and they are dumping ocean water on the exterior. The cooling needs to be injected inside to core.

Sorry, very sad day.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Just Japan. right now but we may see massive amounts of radiation in the atmosphere. Which the only saving grace may be that usually sping is what they call over there rainy season. This may prevent it from getting to the west coast but my fear is that it somewhat already hitting California in very low levels at this point.

The three majors I worry about is the ocean. Our life source. Is currently being contaminated due to rain fall.
Our ground water. Our drinking water source if the cores melt through the bottom of the cores chambers.
Massive amount of radioactive debris in the air.

I think we are safe in the us . I'm on the east coast and I have not had any radiation detected here as of yet.

Worst case these cores melt through.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The thing I don't understand is how long can they keep up this so called cooling effort - they would need to keep it going for years wouldn't they....?? The chain reaction is not going to be stopped by them doing what they are doing at the moment, is it??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

If their options are so limited that the only thing they can do is drop water on the area in hopes of slowing down the inevitable meltdown, at the very least it might buy time. Who knows what might be saved by extending the time to the unavoidable "end".

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here is the Navy's dewatering pump that are used abord ships, we call it a P-100.

I truly hope that they are talking about some kind of bigger pump from facilities on base because this one seriously isn’t all that.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
IMHO

To me it just sound like the constant pumping & dropping of water on the plants is only stalling the inevitable they know this thing is going to go into a meltdown and they know they cant stop it happening at this point its beyond repair, just get the people out of there ASAP and then carry on doing what they are doing there are playing with peoples lifes and risking there health, they have already suffered countless earthquakes a tsunami just get them out of there

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Yes I kmnow and I have been fully trained in NBC as well. I can tell you we have all the gear but the problem is getting in there at ground level and hooking the gear up. you can only get so close and then your dead on the spot.

Let me repeat this in case some don't chose to read it.

you can have all this great stuff fine. but you need a robotics to get it down there and set it up. This we don't have the time for. By the time you get the tech there it will be long gone.

We need to get cooling water specifically treated water and pump it into the core. That is not going to happen. I wish they could but it is way to hot in the are.

The rodas are burning and they are dumping ocean water on the exterior. The cooling needs to be injected inside to core.

Sorry, very sad day.

Is the core exposed and burning or are the waste fuel storage pools empty of water and burning so shooting water into the pool( water cannon and airdrops could cool the burning waste fuel)??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

uh, there hasn;t been any radiation detected yet on the west coast either...not where i am, readings are well within normal range

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Is the core exposed and burning or are the waste fuel storage pools empty of water and burning so shooting water into the pool( water cannon and airdrops could cool the burning waste fuel)??

The storage pools are dry.
That leaves the rods holding the spent fuel
free to oxidize. This rapid rusting releases hydrogen as a by-product. If the hydrogen gas explodes (how can I understate this) it will not be good.

The fuel inside the core is not as big a concern now as the dry-hot spent fuel pool!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I agree with using a water cannon.

Mount it on the boom of a old construction crane and drive the crane to point that the water cannon is over the reactor. use a old construction crane because it will got to a hazardous waste dump when done.

If they use the type of water cannon found on fire boats that a remotely controllable and run water pipe and the control system down the boom along with a camera system to see where the water is going they can put water where they want without being there.

They can set up the pumps and control system a safe distance away.
And they will have cameras to see what is happening

They can also do a fine spray of water (water fog) to wash some of the radioactive paricals out of the air so that they will not disperse.
edit on 16-3-2011 by ANNED because: doabryty

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join