It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy - Last Ditch Effort

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
'Military flying in US Navy pumping equipment in a last ditch effort to cool those rods in the nuke plant. Flying out of Yokota Air Base. Wish us luck!'

drudgereport.com...
investmentwatchblog.com... ol-those-rods-in-the-nuke-plant-flying-out-of-yokota-air-base-wish-us-luck-developing/

I keep hearing the term 'last ditch effort' thrown around by officials and the media... How many more are there? If none of them work, what is worst case result? How much time is left and how many more 'chances' are there before we reach the worst case result? I've also heard the phrase 'point of no return' thrown around...

edit on 16-3-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Kind of brings to mind the Bp oil disaster, once things get out of control we go ooops, we were hoping that wouldn't happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
“last ditch effort” has a certain appeal to media folks when it’s a truly meaningless statement that conveys no information. I mean, seriously, you mean to tell me that if the delivery and use of these emergency pumps doesn’t work the Japanese are just going to throw their hands up and say ‘that’s it, were doomed, time to abandon the island’.

Of course not. They will try something else.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

They will be wearing "nuke suits" when they land.
It looks like that NBC training will come in handy.
All US Navy ships have portable electric pumps. 450v/60Hz/ 3 phase

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
G_D help and Bless our troops!
This goes above and beyond the call of duty.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok I have a statement to make people.

If we have resorted to flying CH47's to scoop up water to dump in these reactors. This is bad very bad.

If we can only drop water from aircraft.

One god bless our soldiers in the craft over head. Be safe guys as your taking so serios dosing.

Two. This is bad that he only way toll cool it is by dropping water from above.

This means that it is melting down period. Meltdown active.

I'm afraid very afraid for my freinds safety.

Who is the member who I just saw posting picks from Tokyo station ... Sorry I cannot remeber his name. Slayer something sorry dud I just posted to your thread and I cannot think of your name sorry dude.

Please someone tell him they are trying to cool the reactor by orther means other than dropping water from above. This is the worst case scenerio.

If your not pumping in water and circulating it from the bottom up that stuff is never going to cool. It take a long time for it to cool. If it is not getting a steady stream that water is just boiling contantly that means the fuel is burning. We are all going to be screwed. SStarting with the ocean which is in the process of being damaged right now as I type.

This is bad people . I think the worst case scenerio is upon us now.

This is the impending worst case here people it is happening right before your eyes. Go on the news web sites and look at the picks that is what is happening right now.

MELT DOWN catastrophic failure cannot be stopped it is only 2 day away. If that. if it last more than five days I will be shocked.

I just bought som potassium Iodide at rite aid in my town. They would only sell me one and their is a sign one per customer.

I was going to buy it all but they would not let me. They only have one box of 50 containers and ten bottles left on the shelf. My wifes is on here way right now to go buy more. I am planning on sending then out to my friends but I'm afraid they may get taken when they arrive and gets checked in customs.

What can I do?

Please let this not be the casee.

Please tell me they are pumping water in. God please tell me they are.

I'm in fear for my friends, iim in fear for the soldiers there trying to help. We are putting their lives at stake to avert a mass casualty causing event of epic proportions.

God help us all. i'm on the east coast and have been following this link which for some reason is not updating anymore. Is it working for any of you please check it it is a detector for Cesium speading from the plant. it was working and from what I can see it is old data.

www.zamg.ac.at...

God help us all....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Not to mention the fact that once that salty water evaporates there is going to be massive sodium depostions left if you all don't know that this makes it very easy for the water to boil. They high minerail content of the water is going to cause problems as it build up it will prevent the water from getting close to the rods.

oh god help us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not to mention but I'm down the road from Seabrook of course not down wind as it is on the coast but I can tell you they have had issues before where they had to dump water into the ocean due to pump/valve problems and when the fish started floating up in the bay/tributaries people were very worried. I think it was the high temp of the water that was dumped kiiled the fish but no one really will ever know.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

God help us all. i'm on the east coast and have been following this link which for some reason is not updating anymore. Is it working for any of you please check it it is a detector for Cesium speading from the plant. it was working and from what I can see it is old data.

www.zamg.ac.at...

God help us all....

It's not a detector - it's a simulation of a possible scenario.

This isn't over yet - they could still get on top of the situation!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't believe this, its completely beyond my belief. Are they just continually sacrificing a few brave souls to keep the world in some delusion?

1. There is a no fly zone over there. That is for a reason. Deadly radiation leaks.
2. Those suits, unless ET tech, and it could I suppose, but.....won't protect against those kind of leaks.
3. So, would they stop risking more lives than need to be risked, because that is not the solution.

Would they stop doing kamikaze missions. We need concerted efforts to save lives, and prevent cancer and consqequences from the cold, hunger, lack of power, and radiation/particles.

Any authority or Government that would OK sending kamikaze missions in just to keep their corporate machines going for another day, should be tried and sent to prison. Their job is to save lives not risk them, they are paid managers, not paid liabilities.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

what is the link you posted of? not sure how to read it, but from what i am seeing on it is something rising from japan and almost at the california shoreline. tell me that is not radiation! even if it is a small dose that is not worrisome(even though i thought any radiation was harmful,period) it seems to be able to reach U.S. shores pretty easily. if the concentration gets high than getting those pills is a great idea. i am in midwest but have many family members in cali. and wash. state. fear for them.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

thank you i was wondering what that map was exactly. instead of, what if maps. is there any up and running map and sensors for this available right now. for an accurate reading?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just saw a New Advisory come thru on Kyodo News. No article yet and this is all the advisory stated:

NEWS ADVISORY: Water cannon vehicle arrives at Fukushima No. 1 plant to cool No. 4 reactor

english.kyodonews.jp...

If true, it seems they are trying anything to cool #4.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Sorry man this is the worst case. I work on similar equipment and can tell you that sea water is the worst due to the fact that it boilds easy/ The problem as you may know that when you get out of the ocean and let the water dry on your body you have salt crystals on you. Now think about a metal rod submerged in boiling water at temps you cannot image.

The sals and minerails eventual keep the water from getting to where they need it flowing past the rods.
Once this happens it will melt through the floor. it is only a matter of when at this point.

I'm sorry. I hate to create panic but I have to peak the truth and I'm saying this with an extremly heavey heart and my gut is wrenching right now becasue I know it is in melt down. It has been melting this is fact and this we know. if it was not melting they would not be relieving the pressure by purging hydrogen gas(byproduct of burning) into the air even knowing that when they do this there will be a massive explosion(reaction of oxidiser mixing with hydrogen) which could fracture the core due to the extreme heat.

They are doing this in a last ditch effort.

I think alot of people don't realize is that this is the last effort to keep it cool. They are using helicoptors CH47's to scoop sea water and dropping it from high up.

Sorry I hate to say it but the end game is near for all.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

They did the same thing with the Chernobyl disaster. Fly helicopters over it and drop sand on it.
I guess just trash the helicopters after they land. They probably glow in the dark!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

That is radioactive cessuim spewing from the burning rods. It is bad very bad. But I noticed it is not current. The data is old and not current.

Yes you are correct. The sad part too is that our troops are getting hit with it . They actuall had to reposition the navy more south to keep out of the jet stream.

Very bad .

Go to get you Iodide now before the shelves are empty. Once mainstream gets wind everyone and there brother uncle will buy out supplies.

I'm so glad that I am current to this event as most people are unaware of what is unfolding right before our eyes.

They dodnt even klnow about the reactors they only think they had a bad earth quake.

Some are so out of touch with reality.

Sad.

God help us all.

That stuff is falling in the ocean in some of the rain. The rain will wash the air as long as it is raining. If it is not it is airborn in the air currents.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes and they will require gens and freq converters as japan is 50 hz not 60 like the us. Motors some of our gear is both 50/60 universal.

The problem is the nuke suits are not as safe and are only safe at low levels . Google it and look up the specs for them. They can only hold off so much.

And those wearing the dust mask will die as that stuff travels right through the filter an sits right in front of the face posing a high risk to the thyroid as you thyroid is your neck area.

Game set match. Not protected. The only safe people will be tose on scuba. Anyone in the know will back up what I'm saying as fact. SCuba for particulate blocking. Skin and exposed body mass can take some high dosing.

Ever fligh high in the air at about 35tousand feet you get hit with alot of radiation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Calm down man, panicking is not going to help you. One step at a time, stop, take a breath and regroup yourself. How can you help yourself and family if you are coming unglued at the seams.

You are going to burst a vein and then you are going to have other problems to worry about.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes those suits are only safe at low levels. Since the damaged container was revealed days ago, this has been outrageous. I can't believe what I'm reading. What on earth do they think they're doing? No one can go near that plant. The game is over. Now get those people food, medicine, heat, and evacuate them from the islands. Its a huge job that is needed. The right work, the right job is needed. Not the lies.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes and they will require gens and freq converters as japan is 50 hz not 60 like the us. Motors some of our gear is both 50/60 universal.

The problem is the nuke suits are not as safe and are only safe at low levels . Google it and look up the specs for them. They can only hold off so much.

And those wearing the dust mask will die as that stuff travels right through the filter an sits right in front of the face posing a high risk to the thyroid as you thyroid is your neck area.

Game set match. Not protected. The only safe people will be tose on scuba. Anyone in the know will back up what I'm saying as fact. SCuba for particulate blocking. Skin and exposed body mass can take some high dosing.

Ever fligh high in the air at about 35tousand feet you get hit with alot of radiation.

Easy does it. The world went on after Chernobyl and it will go on after this.

Do you realize you used to be my boss? Let's see if you remember me saying this in a sales meeting: "[email protected]".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join