It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Blood Money' Helps Free CIA Contractor Accused of Murder in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes, Pakistan...home of the death penalty for saying, "You know, I think that Prophet Muhammad was a bit of an idiot...in fact I have a picture here that I drew of him that depicts him making love to his 9 year old wife..."

In Pakistan, if two thugs attempt to rob you at gunpoint, and you shoot them before they shoot you (you must allow them to discharge their firearms before returning fire...and pray they miss I guess), this is considered murder.

However, in the madcap world of Pakistani justice...if after being charged with murder for such an act...if you simply pay a boatload of money to your assailant's relatives, then the charges of murder are dropped.

www.foxnews.com...

This makes perfect sense to me...how about you?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
the world has become a matrix, what was once up is now down, and down up.
Thats what you get when you can declare National Security in every act of treason

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

So how much does a relative go for?

Does it matter if it is cold-blooded murder or self-defense? Could he have randomly walked up on the street and shot the two men just for fun, and then still gotten off by paying the blood money? I think that would be a popular sport among the rich. Travel to Pakistan, knock-off some poor folks, and then pay their families to pardon you and come on back home.

Seems like it could be a booming industry?

Now, he should never have been charged to begin with, BUT....if he is charged, there should be no price for a pardon. Ridiculous and more Ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is just a way of getting the culprit released to american hands if true.
This makes the release acceptable to the pakistanis.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Now, he should never have been charged to begin with,

I do have to agree with your statement that there should NEVER be a pay for aquittal option, I have to disagree with your "he never should of been charged"

Do you have proofs that have not been released to the public?

Why do you so vehemently state that he should not of been charged??

I may have missed something, so, if You could enlighten me, I would be grateful.

Thank You

Parker

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

From what I gather, he was attacked by 2 assailants, he was supposedly just an embassy personnel, but in reality he was probably some type of agent. His training paid off and he killed his two assailants, but his actions outed him as a spy. He was probably arrested for the murders, not because they didn't believe the self-defense, but because they suspected him of being a spy. It would create bad relations if they accused him outright of spying, so the murder arrest was a political move, and now here we are with more and more political moves and him being released for a price.

That is just my take on the situation. That is why I say he should never have been arrested for the "murders," because they were more than likely self-defense. If they wanted to arrest him for spying, so be it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't like it a whole lot more, but historically and currently this is the way it is. People, despite all the other things that Western culture attaches to them, are a resource. Boys are more "valuable" than girls because of the work that a male can do. Never mind the obvious benefit of increasing the ability to bear children, girls are still often destroyed in China, and treated poorly everywhere else.

Look at Italian/Roman culture. The sons are treated like pieces of God, while the girls are second rate.

Speaking of Italians, watch the Sopranos for a course in this concept. Someone hurts someone else, they have to send flowers to apologize, and are accountable for paying the hospital and other incidentals (or risk having the Boss kill you or dig deeper in your pockets).

This is not justice....but it is also not to far from what has always passed for justice in humanities past.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Sorry folks for starting a new thread
just didn't see this in the search results
my bad, oops

but yea, US Tax Payer dollars hard
at work committing murder and bribing
officials for a not-guilty verdict. What a
very quick trial. Murder to pay-off in
less than 2 months.

new topics

top topics