It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In the interest of merely updating everyone on the ongoing earthquake saga in Southern California, I wanted to take a moment and share a discussion I had this afternoon with my contact at the USGS. Obviously, after the earthquakes in both Southern Colorado and Virginia, I was interested in hearing his thoughts on any connection to one another or possible seismic activity in So. Cal. Rest assured that there is absolutely ZERO need to worry about either EQ's impact on So Cal faults. They are on completely different tectonic plates and the simple fact of the Rocky Mountain range does not let stress transfer from one plate to another. The research is still out on whether they impacted each other, however there is very little research due to the infrequency of such events.

He assured me that we are at no greater risk today than we were at yesterday, but stressed the fact that the "due" date of a major event in So. Cal is long overdue. So, remain prepared, do not get complacent, and remember that if you live in the So Cal area you're on the doorsteps of a major event.

LiveScience will be posting an article in September of 2011 regarding the looming risks of the "Big One" near Los Angeles. When it's available, I'll make sure to post the link on this page. Apparently, the article will have some new information regarding research that has surfaced from the Japan quake in March and New Zealand quakes over the last 12 months. I've been told that the article will include an increased risk table, formerly 99.7% of the "Big One" happening before the year 2038 (30 years from the original announcement) down to similar percentages within the next five years. There has been a lot of research in the last 24 months of the effect of the draining of the Salton Sea and the lack of a "trigger" method on earthquakes in that region. Unfortunately, it's all speculation until an event happens, however what I do know is that the last 5 years has been extremely "active" in the region. Even dating back to the "Easter" earthquake two years ago in Northern Mexico.

Keep watching. Keep prepared. Keep calm.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
seems to me that was a thread bump..
Why?
this thread died cause it was wrong.
and so was jim the Geoguy

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
can someone explain why a man who,, succesfully forecast,the los angles world series quake,,, and was usgs certified,,
was fired?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
can someone explain why a man who,, succesfully forecast,the los angles world series quake,,, and was usgs certified,,
was fired?

Hmmm
why was he wrong about his last quake that he went on TV to advertise?
Maybe he is a bit off in the melon

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

"why was he wrong about his last quake that he went on TV to advertise? "

honestly i dont know?

u get fired for warning people?
thats his job?
got fired for doing his job, just isnt american.
maybe some other country ,,but
in america?

"why was he wrong",,i dont know ,he aint god?
edit on 23-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

have you watched the videos of him talking about what how he "knew" that quake was gonna happen?
I was excited at first when I heard of this guy, but after you learn a bit more about him, that interest dwindles quickly.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Maybe it's because he wasn't fired fired from the USGS. He did work for the USGS for six years, leaving in 1964 to work at the Bureau of Reclamation. He later worked as a geologist for Santa Clara County until he retired in 1994.

Apparently he was suspended from the County job for a couple of months because of his predictions, but that's his story. A lot of people don't give exactly the right answers about why they are disciplined.
www.syzygyjob.com...

edit on 8/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Maybe it's because he wasn't fired fired from the USGS. He was worked for the USGS for six years, leaving in 1964 to work at the Bureau of Reclamation. He later worked as a geologist for Santa Clara County until he retired in 1994.

Apparently he was suspended from the County job for a couple of months because of his predictions, but that's his story.
www.syzygyjob.com...

well i dont know where your from,,,but,,,"he was suspended from the County job"

means fired,, dont know about u americans though,, u southern? lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

In most cases "suspended" means go home and think about something for a couple of months then come back with a better attitude.

People who are fired do not retire from the place they were fired from.

And, it wasn't the USGS.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
come back with a better attitude,
ok i will.

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join