It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hey long time reader, first time poster.

All this EQ news about the West Coast (and Japan) has put my family and I on an elevated level of awareness. My Mother's co-workers are also talking about it.

After dinner tonight, I felt extremely nauseated. This was out of character. Also, very irritable. I am healthy but tonight was odd. Fluke thing, who knows. My dog hasn't acted strange on any level but I wasn't in town to see his behavior before the EQ in Japan. Nothing to compare to. No sign of cats or dogs on the loose in my area lately and the frogs have been loud as usual. Now from what I've read but am skeptical, frogs are a good indicator of EQs. Has anyone else heard of this? If they are, they have planted themselves for the past two nights in a small lake close to my place. Same level of loudness. My Mother said the frogs have been loud for a while now as I got back home on Tuesday from school. I will continue to monitor the frogs for the nights to come as well as keep a look out for animals on the loose.

I really hope this prediction isn't true as none of my family are prepared for a major EQ. I do remember a few nights ago on the news they were discussing a major EQ up here in Washington and someone from UW said it could happen in the next 50 years. Think the interview was on King5 or Q13. Westcoast or anyone from Washington catch the interview?

Laptop battery is about to die and its 3:30 am. Till tomorrow. Will post if any thing strange happens.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

I did some quick research, and 18 years ago (the last time the moon was this close) there was a 7.6 magnitude EQ in California and also a 6.2 aftershock:

6.2 7.6 523 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. . Mo=6.7*10**19 Nm (GS).
Mo=1.1*10**20 Nm (HRV). Mo=2.0*10**20 Nm (PPT).
One person was killed at Yucca Valley, two people died of heart attacks, more than 400 people were injured and
substantial damage occurred in the Landers-Yucca Valley area. Maximum intensity IX. Preliminary estimate of
damage for this earthquake plus the following magnitude 6.7 event at 1505 UTC is 92 million U.S. dollars. Felt
throughout southern California, southern Nevada, western Arizona and southern Utah. Felt in high-rise buildings
as far north as Boise, Idaho and as far east as Albuquerque, New Mexico and Denver, Colorado. Surface faulting
observed along a 70-kilometer segment from Joshua Tree to near Barstow with as much as 5.5 meters of horizontal
displacement and as much as 1.8 meters of vertical displacement. Seiches were reported as far north as Lake Union,
Washington and as far east as Aurora, Colorado and Corpus Christi, Texas.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This guy predicted the japanese earthquake, he also says California is next

His facebook. look at his status's

www.facebook.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you're a geologist, fortune teller, tarot reader; a politician, a dog breeder, a marketing executive, a philanthropist, a dot.com billionaire--- NOBODY HAS EVER SUCCESSFULY PREDICTED AN EARTHQUAKE.... EVER!!!

Anybody that claims to have predicted an earthquake is either a:

Charlatan

A new age wanna-be-guru

a false psychic (Edgar Cayce included)

somebody that is a revisionist historian (like the people that created the nostradamus and mayan codecies myths [ 'oh yeah, you don't #ing understand the mayan written language and therefore you are wrong']

Get a life, people. There are legitimate cataclysms to navigate.

The codices do not explicitly state that anything will happen at the end of a catoun. this is all inferred by sensationalist-wannabe-academics.

You all want to believe in this bull# because you lack the wherewithal to understand the science behind the process upon which you speculate.

(insert 'government disinfo-agent disclaimer' here)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I hope he's wrong, i have a lot of friends on the west coast.
But it does look like these quakes are following a circular pattern.
If there is a quake, hope its a small one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I love to read the predictions on this site even though most are just made up nonsense, but once in a while one does come true. The very first prediction I noticed that came true was when someone said about some dolphins or whales that had beached themselves in Australia, that an earthquake would happen in the next couple of days. They were spot on!
Reading this post about how the Animals can feel when something isnt right made me do a quick search to see if there was any info on dolphins or whales beaching in Japan recently. Guess what, there is....
I feel there is something to this theory or is it just coincidence?

www.japanprobe.com...

A group of Japanese aquarium workers and volunteers helped rescue many melon-headed whales that had beached themselves in Ibaraki prefecture:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

March 19, 1956 is when I was born... at home during a Blizzard. Could it be a 10.0 earthquake out there, or more or less? Could be.. and there could be nothing at all.

The creator will do what he has to do. He knows what he is doing.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Thanks for your time and the thought put in to your post.
For the Record; All this week so far......... Started on 14-Mar-2011. Something is just not right.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I've toyed with a theory that as we are having the poles shifting, that we humans may be able to experience more scenarios that we perhaps may have shrugged off as intuition, coincidence's etc. in the past. Perhaps our bodies might be able to be a bit more sensitive to what is happening because of the fields around us changing (add to this celestial influences also).

Sadly, I feel that this will become a ... self-fulfilling prophecy (?? i think thats the term I want to use)

What I mean is, its like showing someone a picture and saying "Doesn't that look like a duck?" Instead of showing them the same picture and asking "What does this look like to you?"

People will report strange non-sense just to be a part of something, simply because they want it to be true.

I believe that we do seem to tune things out from time to time. But not on the scale that ATS users are about to start reporting.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

I've toyed with a theory that as we are having the poles shifting, that we humans may be able to experience more scenarios that we perhaps may have shrugged off as intuition, coincidence's etc. in the past. Perhaps our bodies might be able to be a bit more sensitive to what is happening because of the fields around us changing (add to this celestial influences also).

Sadly, I feel that this will become a ... self-fulfilling prophecy (?? i think thats the term I want to use)

What I mean is, its like showing someone a picture and saying "Doesn't that look like a duck?" Instead of showing them the same picture and asking "What does this look like to you?"

People will report strange non-sense just to be a part of something, simply because they want it to be true.

I believe that we do seem to tune things out from time to time. But not on the scale that ATS users are about to start reporting.

RIght or wrong, it is an early warning that should be taken seriously. What would it hurt? Better be safe than sorry. However, this is a fact, people are still asleep, they haven't awakened yet, and if some has, they are still in Denial and wont take warnings to heart.

I honestly believe we should sit down, channel our thoughts and pray for those people. It's shocking, when you find knowledge and you know what's coming and yet you feel powerless to do anything about it.

But there is one thing that can be done, go behind proxy;s and start telling people something is up anonymously. Use the internet to do this, perhaps use the darkest part of the internet to do this.

Use Anonymous, but getting them to do this is tricky and a risky backfire because they are a double edged blade.

It is the only thing that I can think of that could spread the warnings as a cancer.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
We lived in SF more many years Left just before the World Series quake. My son is now there living in Cole Valley so he's not in any land fill areas like the Marina. Now that the quake is predicted for this weekend I'm a bit concerned.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by voiceoreason
It doesn't matter if you're a geologist, fortune teller, tarot reader; a politician, a dog breeder, a marketing executive, a philanthropist, a dot.com billionaire--- NOBODY HAS EVER SUCCESSFULY PREDICTED AN EARTHQUAKE.... EVER!!!

Anybody that claims to have predicted an earthquake is either a:

Charlatan

A new age wanna-be-guru

a false psychic (Edgar Cayce included)

somebody that is a revisionist historian (like the people that created the nostradamus and mayan codecies myths [ 'oh yeah, you don't #ing understand the mayan written language and therefore you are wrong']

Get a life, people. There are legitimate cataclysms to navigate.

The codices do not explicitly state that anything will happen at the end of a catoun. this is all inferred by sensationalist-wannabe-academics.

You all want to believe in this bull# because you lack the wherewithal to understand the science behind the process upon which you speculate.

(insert 'government disinfo-agent disclaimer' here)

Multiple different ppl around the world predicted the japan quake.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As long as humans are ignorant, we will never survive these kind of things. Just look at history. We land on moon, find water, declare that the water wasn't from the moon but from earth.

Years later, guess what? They were right and the moon is full of water.
Same thing with mars. Same with with evidence for life on mars.
Same thing happens with many discovers. Its a known fact that animals use magnetic fields and that magnetic fields get disrupted and changed before and during earthquakes. Its very logical to connect these things. Problem is the science community will never accept it, because guess why, we don't think it has much effect(hurp durp).

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I didn't read your thread until just now, but I have been complaining to my wife all week about restless sleep due to weird dreams. I can't remember last night's dreams, but I remember looking at the clock about every 20 minutes all night.

The night before last, the main dream I remember had Spongebob and Patrick causing a ruckus, and I stepped on a piece of glass because of their nonsense, and I was mad and spent what seemed like the whole night removing glass from my foot and big toe. I was still mad about it when the alarm went off to wake me up.

The night before that (Tuesday night), I woke up my wife several times (I only remember one of the times), but she said I kept complaining about "stupid bird people." I remember the one time I woke her up, because in my dream I was trying to get her attention to show her the bird people so she wouldn't think I was crazy. She wouldn't look, and I was getting frustrated and yelling, I guess I was yelling in real life also, because it woke her up, and then she woke me up, but apparently when I went back to sleep, the dream continued on and I woke her up a couple of more times. What I remember in the dream was seeing two large birds through some trees, they had heads like a buzzard, but I was struck at how tender they were acting towards one another and it was obvious they were a mated pair. The surprise came as they walked by hand in hand with human bodies! That is when I started trying to get the attention of my wife and father to look at the "bird people," but they were busy and ignoring me.

There was one other incident of "sleep paralysis" this week, where I wanted to wake up, but I couldn't. I thought my eyes were open, and I really, really wanted to roll over and look behind me, but I couldn't move. Then, I thought the dog got up and started barking towards me, which made me happy, because I hoped it would wake me up. Instead, it woke up my wife, who shook me, and then I woke up to see her, exactly how I was visioning before in what was apparently a dream, but to my surprise the dog was asleep on his bed. I don't know how my mind imagined I was awake and the dog was awake and made up some stuff, while still comprehending the reality of my wife waking up, raising up, turning and shaking me, but I was just happy to be awake, I got up, got a drink of water, and went back to bed.

Anyhow, I have been groggy and tired at work everyday this week, because every night has been full of weird dreams that wake me up frequently and I remember a good portion of the dreams, which is odd for me.

Anyhow, I don't usually participate or share my dreams, but for the sake of science, there are my experiences this week. If an earthquake happens this weekend, maybe it will help contribute to a pattern.

On another note, I have wanted to strangle my dog all week. He is 90 lbs, and he thinks he is a lap dog this week. He won't leave me alone, he licks my elbows and knees, he begs for my attention even when I am trying to run him off. He is unusually clingy and needy this week. I don't live anywhere near any earthquake zones though, I am in Florida, so the dog is probably just annoying, but I'm putting it in there just for the sake of science, LOL!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There is also this new thread....

30 whales stranded in Australia

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
not sure if this has been reported yet but just saw news story about mass whale beachings around bruny island in Australia today.

We also had a small (and very rare) 4.0 earthquake in Queensland the other day.
I live on the Tasmanian coastline and will be keeping the camera handy this weekend.

I saw a jack russell mounting a duck this morning, does that count as strange behavour?

Stay safe ATS

edit on 17-3-2011 by Samuelis because: needed to stress how rare a quake in qld is,

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Do you think enough have listened yet? The ones in power your governments who is listening? They want to change the idea of marriage in America which is a BLESSED nation. WOE TO THEM.

IT IS honor thy father and mother. IT IS NOT honor thy father and father. IT IS NOT honor thy mother and mother.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Once again folks, let me reiterate the need for reports from your Lost and Found section of the newspaper. If you don't receive the newspaper, your area more than likely has an online version. All we need is a cut and paste of whats posted or even simpler, just the number of lost and/or found pets for the day.

Someone asked a few posts back about frogs being indicators, and the answer is yes, there have been reports of frogs breaking their normal routines prior to seismic activity. But I think as far as observing goes, our pets will probably be better indicators as most of us are acclimated to knowing their general daily routine. So we would be better cognizant to any change in their behavior.

I'm sure most of you have already seen the thread Whales and Dolphins created earthquake/Tsunami to retaliate against Japans whale and dolphin fishing. I have nothing against theories, but let me say that what were attempting to do here with this experiment is based on something a bit more real and tangible. I understand that many may not quite understand the necessity for gathering data and information, but it really is the only way for there to be a record. And sometimes the data can have some amazing results and sometimes it's 'value' is not known till it's added collectively with other factors for it to become clear.

By the way, I've shot off an email to Mr. Berkland to see if he would be willing to give an interview for this Saturdays Live Radio Broadcast by ATS called AboveTopSecretLive, so we'll have to see if that pans out. It could make for a really good show, so I hope you'll join us (click on the above highlighted link for info on how you can listen to the show in your area).

I have to head off for about 8 hours and so will leave the data gathering and posting for this experiment in your hands and many thanks for your participation.

Johnny Anonymous
CoHost ATSLive

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Super Moon On 19th Mar 2011

On March 19, 2011 the Moon would be 356,577 km. away at perigee. Compare that to the 406,434 km. distance of the apogee full moon on October 12, 2011. This puts the Moon 13% (49,857 km.) closer to Earth on the March 19. Previous Super Moons have been associated with earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, and so on.

Of course, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions don't go wandering all over the planet. They happen in (mostly) predictable locations, like the infamous "Ring of Fire" around the Pacific plate. If you're in (or plan to be in) a place that's subject to seismic upheaval during a SuperMoon stress window, it's not hard to figure out that being prepared to the extent that you can is not a bad idea.

Likewise, people on the coast should be prepared for extreme tidal surges. Severe storms on the other hand can strike just about anywhere, so it behooves us all to be ready for rough weather when a SuperMoon alignment forms. Astro-locality mapping each SuperMoon can help indicate areas of special risk, but the whole planet is in the bull’s eye when one of these geocosmic shock windows opens up. Don’t be paranoid – but don’t be complacent, either.

Californians!! Better head for the hills. There's still time! I'm serious!

www.astropro.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not sure if this is related, but last night a piece of the coast highway in California, near Monterey and fault lines, just slid off into the ocean, ~8 pm PST.....

www.ksbw.com...

"MONTEREY, Calif. -- A 40-foot section of Highway 1 has fallen into the Pacific Ocean near the Big Sur area, according to the California Department of Transportation.

CAL-TRANS officials said the highway broke off just south of the Rocky Creek Bridge."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join