It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I want to thank everyone that is participating in this experiment. A few of you have really stepped up with providing information on their own personal pets and the feelings/dreams that they personally are having. I really commend those that are helping in the gathering of this data/information and posting it.

Might I ask that if you folks could also perhaps take a look at your newspapers Lost and Found sections and post what is listed? This will help us in the coordinating/triangulating of areas. Obviously we don't know where some of these events may or may not happen, but the more data we can receive, the better the formulation. Some have contacted me by email and U2U and submitted data/information anonymously. I do not have a problem with that, but please remember that we still need as much information as necessary (IE: dates, location, time, etc.) even if it is to remain anonymously, it does us little good to have brief comments such as "yes, I've been feeling ill the past couple of days". Although that information may be significant, it is unusable if we don't know where/when/what type of pains, etc.

And again, many thanks for taking the time to participate...
Johnny

***Edit to add***

I'm currently listening to Major Ed Dames on Coast to Coast AM and they just posted up his predictions map of a major earthquake over the New Madrid Seismic zone.

edit on 3/17/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: adding map

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

OMGosh, I have had the same problem for a week now, My ear is likehumming, my balance is off, i get light headed and sick to my stomach when i stand. Im not sick with anything, not drop of anything but water or soda, and no one else around me is sick.
I lay down and can feel my bed swaying like on a boat, which i am not on btw. It really is wierd. I live between the japanese and california coast. if animals can pick it up, maybe people can to. I have felt something really, really bad has been coming for a couple weeks now, I actually thought that the japanese quake was it; but the feeling is still there and when a friend of mind sent me a link to this site, well im kinda freakin right now. I have been watching the quakes and volcanos for about a year and knew of some of the corralations between new moons, tides and equinoxes, but the animals and people r new to me. I will say this though, I caught and article on yellowstone and the volcanoes spitting more today then yesterday, yellowstone had almost a hundred small seimic quakes and spit 20 times more then usual just before the 1989 cailfornis quake. if that not a precurser i don't know what would be.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great idea.

In fact, if you are interested in going back beore the 8.9 hit, there is some great stuff on the alternative methods to earthquake predictions thread. Good stuff there going back for some time now.

I don't have time right now to cut and paste or re-write everything, but basically I had such an overwhelming feeling that evening that I posted about it (on the arkansas thread,because I have made friends with several people there). I have 'felt' things in the past, but never this strong. I KNEW something very big was coming. I call one my dogs my 'big' quake dog because he has been very good at detecting large, far away quakes, and my little dog at small,local quakes. I posted on my washington State thread that my 'big quake' dog was alterting to a quake about 15 minutes before it hit. About 5minutes before I pulled up GEE and saw he first waves coming in.

I have continued to feel since (as I know a lot of other people do) that it is not over. I am afraid that Japan will have another significant quake and that we will also have a large one...either off-shore Or/Cali or the good 'ole cascadia subduction zone. I have been tracking things closely since on my Washington State thread...it is in my sig.

My ears began ringing before the quake and have not stopped. I get headaches, brief nausea (like motion sickness) and waves of dizziness. The day before the quake, my teenage son was home from school with a headache (very unusual).

Our world is changing....like it always is.

I haven't noticed anything wierd with local birds, my dogs are very clingly and nervous. I'll check the lost and found.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Is this what you want? I don't remember wht the quake was that hit arkansas; but they had more then dead birds.
Mar.7,2011 FISH Millions found dead in Redondo Beach Marina Southern

www.google.com... A&usg=AFQjCNESoLs11gqN2uswBLCL-ciAgsLdWQ

sad, sad, sad, scary!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
We've got swarms in the gulf of california:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c88b5b2e0e81.gif[/atsimg]

Earthquake List for 10-degree Map Centered at 25°N, 110°W

MAP 4.0 2011/03/14 01:43:49 25.440 -109.662 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.6 2011/03/13 16:07:34 25.285 -109.748 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.0 2011/03/13 05:54:25 25.276 -110.076 10.1 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.6 2011/03/13 02:50:11 25.442 -109.763 23.6 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.5 2011/03/12 21:58:39 25.308 -109.837 10.2 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.3 2011/03/12 20:16:58 25.423 -109.730 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.7 2011/03/12 17:54:18 25.456 -109.690 22.2 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 5.1 2011/03/12 17:13:01 25.466 -109.727 10.0 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 5.3 2011/03/12 14:11:04 25.396 -109.652 12.1 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 5.5 2011/03/12 13:26:02 25.350 -109.930 17.6 GULF OF CALIFORNIA
MAP 4.4 2011/03/12 12:03:42 25.260 -109.964 10.1 GULF OF CALIFORNIA

This map interestingly closely resembles the EQ swarms that happened in this location durring the 8.8 Chilean quake:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3675ab64c222.gif[/atsimg]

Something in that location seems rather sensitive to Ring of Fire temblers! It's also located directly on the San Andreas faultline system! Probably a good place to keep an eye on.

edit on 17-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Meanwhile, My intuition has been reeling with the probability of a major volcanic awakening in a location
influenced by the San Andreas faultline... at a volcanic caldera system that originally erupted upon the formation of the Sierra Nevada mt. range known as the Long Valley caldera system... here's more info on it:

Something About the Long Valley Caldera - Harmonic Tremors?

What's Going on at Long Valley?

Long Valley Caldera System Activated by Japanese Megaquake !!!

For awhile now I've been suspecting something major arriving from here... if the west coast kicks off, this volcanic system may respond...

Things to watch!
edit on 17-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hi, I literally JUST made this account just to post on here... this is my first night also browsing this site but I feel the need to come out and post my thoughts...

I live in Toronto, Canada, but have been feeling extremely uneasy the past 3 weeks and have been having strange and vivid dreams.

On March 10th, I was napping and had an out of this world experience pretty much where I was dreaming of all matter just shaking, looking around and EVERYTHING around was shaking from horizon to horizon so violently, so deep down to the very last molecule on me, and the shaking so hard that I woke up from the nap I was taking! I never felt anything so powerful before in my life, a feeling of great uneasyness came over me that I had to speak of it. So I went and spoke to my mother about it because she was the only one around at the time. This is VERY significant because the relationship between my mother and I is not a great one. We often fight, rarely see eye to eye on things, and she's just not a very understanding person. Over the last 5 months though our relationship has really drifted a part much further than ever before... there's been stretches of weeks where we don't even as so much say hello to each other and we live under the same roof! Anyways, after speaking with her we ended up talking about them (my dreams) for almost 2 hours... a few hours later I started feeling like perhaps it was stupid for me to have said anything and that my mom probably thought I was legit crazy or something...
Regardless what could I do? I couldn't take back the conversation so I just carried on. Went to sleep like usual, but was awoken by my dogs whimpering cries. I should also include that my dog HATES the rain and getting wet for some reason and it was raining pretty steadily on the night of the 10th/11th and when I let my dog in the backyard he was standing in the rain for about 20 minutes just looking down, not responding to my calls or anything.

After being awoken, I had great difficulty falling asleep so I decided to go on the computer for a bit. That's when I saw the alert system on google reporting that an earthquake had just hit japan and a tsunami alert was in place. I quickly ran to my tv and turned it on, 3:30am in the morning here, shocked by what I was witnessing. The air was literally sucked out of me and I started hyperventilating and having trouble breathing (this has never happened to me before and I'm usually a rock of a person emotionally) and I collapsed onto the floor and broke out in tears. I went down to the bathroom to clean up and woke my mother up along the way to tell her what had happened, she rushed to my room with me to see the news unfolding. When she saw the events and realized why I had awoken her, she started to cry none stop as well. Also, I could not stop shaking for hours and was up the rest of the night feeling very uneasy.

Sorry for the long post

edit on 17-3-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
If it has already been pointed out please disregard.

Isn't FEMA having an exercise this weekend involving the New Madrid fault line. We know how accidents love to happen during exercises.

newmadrid2011.org...

just sayin...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub815

I wish I could say, nothing bad; but honesly, I don't know why anyone would live anywhere in CA. If the casasades go, so will most of CA, if the san andreas fault goes in the north, so will CA. It's a lose, lose. Sorry

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

I have no gut feelings about any of this. I did read about other phenomena which had been extraordinary with respect to the full moon. Because this full moon will be the closest to the earth in some time, it has received a lot of attention which well it should.

My question is just how would one prepare for a disastrous earthquake even if one were to know exactly time, date, and place?

What do you expect people in the fire ring to do? Move, leave town, pick up the baby and run?

I have long realized that California is a death trap in many ways, no matter whether by earthquake, floods, fires, or any other natural disaster, such as dams bursting at the seams. Why? Because it is so overpopulated, that nobody in their right mind can expect to travel on freeways to get anywhere but caught in a traffic jam.

When people seriously care about their homes, their families, themselves, they should become aware of all the things that make survival in case of natural disaster easier to achieve. One, stay out of over populated areas.

Both Japan and California alike have an excessively high population. It only makes an ordinary disaster become a major one.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Mr. Berkland was also on the Michael Savage radio show... in it, he said that animals and humans have magnetite in their bodies, and it is highly magnetic. He goes on to explain that in humans, this magnetite is store above the pineal gland, which is why some people get headaches and pressure in the center of their heads right before a quake, because of the changes in the magnetic field. It COULD also explain why some people who are not clairvoyant sometimes have visions or powerful dreams before a major quakes.

~Namaste
edit on 16-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

Okay, this is what scares me. On Monday i woke up with a sharp pain on the back top of my head. I would feel a sharp pain in that area every 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure if its whats called a headache. Because i find it very weird cuz I NEVER GET HEADACHES. Yes, i never in my life have had an headache before. And this was a first for me. And now reading this gets me thinking. Althought it's gotten better, i still feel that headache like pain every now and then still. Just not as bad as the first few days.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Let's hope he's not correct. I'd hate to see a disaster hit LA... Especially since it's my fav city in America and Mariah Carey lives there. xD

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hey all! this thread is a great idea, i wanted to contribute my experiences lately.

im located in ontario canada, just a couple hours from toronto. the last week of feb. i was feeling incredibly anxious and sick. i barely ate anything for a few days, it was like that until maybe mar. 4th or so. then i started to feel a bit better, not as anxious and eating again. during the time i was feeling sick, my dog was acting really strangely. she was just wanting to be right beside me when i was in my room, always bugging me, just being really fussy, not really knowing what she wants, but she definitely has been trying to get and maintain my attention a lot the past 2-3 weeks. more so than normal. i also had a sore jaw on my left side, right where the joint is by my ear. i was waking up with it aching and stiff every day for about 2 weeks (end of feb/start of march), and then it went away for a few days. now the anxiety, the nausea and the aching jaw are back. my dog isnt acting really really strangely anymore...but she is still being more fussy than normal, more needy, and she's spending more time in my room than usual. she typically prefers the couch. i live with my parents, and they seem ok. my dad was a little nauseous today but i think it was because of something unrelated.

*edit to add* my thumbs have been twitching a lot the past day or 2. even as im typing this they're twitching. i usually get twitches or muscle spasms in my feet and legs, occasionally in my hands but not consistently like it has been today and yesterday. i just wanted to throw it out there too.

edit on 17-3-2011 by devilishlyangelic23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychicJenniferRogers

Whats your take on this, I saw both space shuddle explosions in dreams days before they happened, dream of floods everytime theres a major plane crash, last week it was my right ear that what humming or ringing, making me dizzy, this past 4 or 5 days its been my left ear. Dr cant find any reason for it. right ear, japan, left ca? oh and this is really starting to get to me, for the last few months I have been hoarding food in my dreams. I keep joking with my daughter that she could never eat that much riceor pasta; but then when i go to the store to buy it. seems like everytime i turn on the news food is costing more and the news is talking about the food belts having problems. Seriously I have like a hundred pounds of rice and Japan just lost a million rice patties. there might be something to your psychic eye.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

u seriously might want to go to a dr. u show all the signs of having a heart attack, ur dog is bugging u because it sences it

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mesle123
reply to post by jdub815

I wish I could say, nothing bad; but honesly, I don't know why anyone would live anywhere in CA. If the casasades go, so will most of CA, if the san andreas fault goes in the north, so will CA. It's a lose, lose. Sorry

i live on the san andreas fault and also really close to CA, i also now that i will probably be really affected or dead if something like a big earthquake happens but what im supposed to do? leave my family, job, school just because of predictions? i was born here so is not like i made the choice of living here, i would move but im a broke college student, i guess the people on the west coast were born to die.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It's amazing what the world is going through, these are some odd times we live in...

Another poster linked to the guy here on ATS who compared this to the Tunguska (SP?) event as well. Pretty odd coincedence, but reading up on everything, reading TrueAmerican's posts about Yellowstone, having Japan being torn asunder...This is going to be quite the year, though I'd like to believe in the fact that we're getting the bad out so we can have nothing but smooth sailings to end the year (Happy thoughts)!

To those of you on the West coast, might as well as prepare for it, better safe than sorry! Stay save!
edit on 17-3-2011 by abaraikenshi because: Classified

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

i have a mental health disorder and anxiety is a big part of it. i was really anxious at the time and thats why i wasn't eating. probably why my jaw was sore too, tightness from being tense and nervous. and then if anxiety lasts for a long period it ends up making me nauseous. its all because of my mental health, i just wasn't sure if maybe the anxiety was being caused by me somehow picking up on something going on with the earth.. or if there was some other personal reason (personal reason is way more likely). i just found it odd that it came back yesterday strongly with no reason for it, no real trigger. who knows, maybe tomorrow i'll have it figured out and will be able to post back that i have debunked my own story hehe

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Heres a site that scares me. If this information is accurate and as its from the USGS, im guessing its pretty accurate. I the world messures an average of 1000 something 5 to 5.9 quakes in a 1 year period, we have already had more then half that since Jan. 1, 2011. We have had over 698 in the last 30 days. check out these sites.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

Mesle123: there is a dedicated earthquake thread for 2011 where those numbers have been very well processed. Both in terms of earthquake numbers by size, and total energy expended.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join