It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Whilst Madrid faultine will let go sometime, LA will crumble one day, Australia will be hit with a bigger one than Newcastle in the 80's, etc etc.....

It's worth noting that thousands of beachings occur without any major earthquakes occuring afterward.

It's also worth noting that plenty of earthquakes occur without an beachings.

You can't see an event that occurs frequently and make connections without having complete data on both and they don't match but they do occassioanly cross.

It's like seeing traintracks crossing a road for the first time ad then another one 1km down the road, and then another 2km down the road. The conclusion would then be all roads have trains crssings within 1k of each other...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ConsentioExpono

Just wanted to correct you, as I feel it is extremely important to issue proper credit to thread creators.

The "Earthquake Swarm Intensifies in Arkansas..." thread was created by Robin Marks. Not by Puterman. Puterman is a HUGE contributor in that thread, amongst many others. However he did not create that particular one.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Thanks for pointing me in that direction! I'll be sure to check out those threads right away. Certainly is a topic on a lot of people's minds, particularly those that live in the area. Of course, were something huge to hit the New Madrid... say along the lines of the 1812 quake, it wouldn't just be those in the immediate area who would feel the effects. People felt that quake nationwide. It caused church bells to ring in Boston. Frightening!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I can't remember if it was this past Monday or Tuesday but, anyway, I heard an interview with Jim Berkland on the Michael Savage radio show and Mr. Berkland actually said that he expected the quake sometime between the 19th and the 26th of this month.

The ringing in my ears continues loudly as if there are cacadas outside my window. Errrrrrrrrr.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
reply to post by OldCorp

I would not think being new is cause to take down your posts IMO

I would have hoped not. just as I hope we dont have 'THE BIG ONE" here in SF.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ran across this article tucked into CNN:

www.kpho.com...

Coyotes (the animals, not the smugglers) are becoming more aggressive. Could just be 'cuz its mating season for them, but...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

So so sorry. You are absolutely right. Sorry to Robin, who I should have realized was the thread starter. Puterman must have been the most recent poster or was at the time I posted in this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Whats wrong with this:

"NO X-FLARE: Don't panic, there was no catastrophic X20-flare today. Earlier this morning, a hiccup on our web server caused some of the values under "current conditions" to go haywire. The most noticable error was a purported "X20+" solar flare. Such flares can occur, but not today. A reboot has solved the problem and reporting is back to normal. My apologies to readers who were confused or alarmed by the mix-up. Signed, Tony Phillips, webmaster of spaceweather.com."

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by themysterymachine

Why don't you do a little research genius? You'd find out Jim Berkland has had a web site for years that's been making predictions regarding these quakes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thanks Johnny. S & F.

This video discusses the predictions of Edgar Cayce, where interesting enough, "he predicted major earthquake destruction in San Francisco and Los Angeles, severe earthquakes and flooding in Japan, causing large portions of that nation to be lost"; these predictions and many others made prior to his death in 1945.....

edit on 3/16/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Wow, Jennifer, I just had a CT scan for ear and jaw pain (all normal). I've been having it on and off for 4 years though. Currently, it's gone. Hmmm, I wonder.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Check ou this page and animation to see the CA oastline get pummeled by 2.9 & 3.5 EQs.
Once at the link click the button that says play animation. Watch as the red dot (most recent EQ to the time that is listed on clock of animation) bounces around the Ring of Fire in a clock-wise motion leading up to and just after the Japan EQ. In the last 2 days the pattern changed slightly. Instead of clockwise motion the pattern seems to be Japan having 3-5 EQs and then California having 1 EQ, then back to Japan for 3-5 and back to CA.
There are a few random EQs sprinkled in also but primarily Japan & CA.

Earthquake Animations - Past 7 Days

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Also an interesting program I have downloaded and been using is eQuake 3-D. You can see EQs as they happen in real time as well as a global map of all EQs within a 7 day period. This is what it looks like currently (EQs within last 12 hours within this view of globe.)

Download it here: earthquake-3d.en.softonic.com...

edit on 17-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
First, thank you for posting this thread. S & F

I would like to add some things I have observed.
I live in lower foothills between Loma Rica and Penn Valley.
Recently I became quite ill with the flu, but am trying to get over it.
For about four days, I have been very tired, nauseated, sleep during the day (just so very tired)
and stay up very late into early morning hours...Like a reversal in my normal behavior..
Since last night, I have been suddenly getting very strong painful headaches like in the center of my forehead directly behind my eyes. It comes and goes, but definately cannot be ignored...Not known to normally have headaches.

About my animals...My cats act like they cannot eat enough food, whining almost constantly every time I move about my house. I dreampt last night about my outdoor cat breaking into my house to be with us. My other cat is strictly indoors, and he was also in the dream..In that same dream I saw a different room with part of the wall open/exposed and I saw many other cats....It is strange for me to dream of cats like this. When I didn't have a house cat in my life, I had constant dreams of cats attacking me....If I dream of cats, it is usually one (my house cat) and he never attacks me....this late dream was of my house cat, outdoor cat, and many strange cats.

As I said, I live in the lower foothills. I have a wildlife area directly right behind me. We see deer almost every day walking through our property and along the roads. many times they are in a group of does and young about 4 - 8 animals. It has been about a week and I have not seen ANY deer at ALL. I have not seen or smelled the skunks, nor raccoon, possums. Today, frogs were croaking at my neighbors pond - they usually croak at nights. Also a very small frog was near me on my porch and was croaking during the day.
The owls - for some years I have heards an owl or two hoot their calls. Lately, there has been definately three species hooting and they are located to eachother rather close....this is strange because normally there is one type of owl that called at night around here and now there are two more different types. They call rather close to my house.
I have not seen any bees for about 5 days.....Two nights ago, I had a dream...two gentlemen came to my home and were trying to catch whatever bees they could find if any. On my property they caught 7. After I awoke, I was hoping someone out there is really trying to round up what ever bees may still be alive. I was also hoping we are not too late.

As far as certain species of brids and fish dying on in large numbers...IMO I think certain species at a time die off and not others at the same time because of the amount of magnetite they contain in their brains...for instance, certain frequencies can drive a dog nuts while a human cannot hear anything. Well maybe the same thing applies to various species of animals. It depends on the amount or size of magnetite.

I also want to note that normally we hear coyotes on average 2 - 3 times a week. I have not heard them for about two weeks. Also about two weeks ago, I did not hear the coyotes, but instead, the foxes making alot of ruckus as they were traveling and they seemed to be traveling fast.
I also posted somewhere a while back in another thread (mass animal deaths?) that I noticed the very big brown woodpeckers who have a triangle on their chest, they were trying like crazy to get into my house and garage. There was also another type of bird (I forget) but my thought at the time was they knew of extreme cold coming. First time I saw those birds do that and they have been living around here a long time.

The usual little bats that fly over my head each evening when the sun goes down, I have not seen them for about a week now.

I will post if anything else seems stranger than normal.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There was a X20 solar flare on March 15th. Anyone want to comment on the Full Worm Moon and March 19th?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

yes i have seen a increasing amount of wild birds, crows quails and pheasant in my area, that does not have them normally, and not in the amount i have seen. even my pets are acting unlike them selves usually shy and not really in your lap , not so , it is now pet me let me sit in your lap and let me curl up on you. and i say by or on the 18th of march 2011 with in the next 24 hours of this post.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Seattle via craigslist

March 9
March 16

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hi all,

Long time reader but a newcommer, I been reading this thread for awhile now, and I've noticed some people talking about having earaches, headaches as such. I don't if this is coincidence or anything, but I too have been having some awful pains in my ear in recent times. I live in Papua New Guinea, we're also along the Pacific ring of fire.

My eardrums are really aching at the moment. I'm not a psychic, nor do I poses any special powers, nada. I just have been feeling as such in recent times.

I posted so as to point out some of the similarities (effects) that others have been posting on about. Really can't conclude anything but, my gut feeling tells my something major is building and that this earaches an such maybe a side-effect of the build-up.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I found this recent article. You asked for info on animals acting strangely.

What happened last Friday, deep beneath the surface of the Pacific, was invisible to us; as invisible as the radiation that is now drifting southwards from Fukushima reactors. But others conclude, as they did in the aftermath of the 2004 tsunami, that whales and dolphins – cetaceans – acted as advance warnings of what was to come. Forty-eight hours before the Christchurch earthquake, for instance, more than 100 pilot whales were stranded on New Zealand's South Island. Then on 4 March, 50 melon-headed whales washed up on the eastern Kashima shore of Japan.

There is no scientific basis for such theories – although whales, like birds, probably do use the Earth's electromagnetic field for navigation, and such abrupt alterations in it may well cause them to strand. (Indeed, the Maori who first colonised New Zealand probably followed migrating whales there from Polynesia, who themselves were following electromagnetic lines). Here is the entire article

www.guardian.co.uk...

If I find any on California, I'll let you know

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I have been reading articles and books by Cayce for over 30 years. If there is one so called "seer" in this world; this guy was as close as you can get to one. The more you look into the actual accuratey of his predictions and healings, the more you will believe, there is something to his abilities.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ConsentioExpono

I have been watching this site for the last 12 hours. hen I started watching there were 674 quakes (most of which happened on the ring of fire) after 12 hours there are 697 quakes all (but 1) on the rinf of fire. for every 1 that happens in japan (appox. every hour) 1 happens somewhere else. 3 have hit the northern california coast in the last 6 hours. I dod not believe in coincidences

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join