It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is a list of Lost and Found animals listed for the San Francisco area off of CraigsList for March 21st and March 22nd.

MARCH 21
LOST Dogs LOST Cats LOST Other.... FOUND Dogs FOUND CATS FOUND Other

....... 17 ............ 7 ............. 1 .................... 6 ................. 3 .................. 1 ........

MARCH 22
LOST Dogs LOST Cats LOST Other.... FOUND Dogs FOUND CATS FOUND Other

....... 13 ............ 10 ............ 5 .................... 8 ................. 1 .................. 2 ........

The "Other " included rabbits and birds.

FYI.. An interesting side note that several of the animals listed as lost or found included a blind dog and a 3-legged dog.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Is his name tripod?

SMR

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I know the averages of earthquake frequency has been mentioned before but when you actually compile the list, you will see, as Phage says, the guy is playing the odds.

Isnt that what science is about ?
Data is nothing more than average and guessing with a prediction at the end.
Looking for and playing the odds.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Science is about finding trends that beat the odds. That's what a correlation is.
Berkland doesn't.

edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Is his name tripod?

Unknown and wasn't listed/noted..

But as a sidenote..

Several years ago (ok, it was more like 6 years ago), I dated a young lady that had a old 3-legged German Sheperd, and yes her name was Tripod. I was amazed at how well she could get along and fend for herself against any dog.

edit on 3/23/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Typos

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Even with three legs they've got us beat.
I've known 2 different three wheelers. They really didn't seem to notice it themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage there is a kid that claims he predicted the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. He claims he did it 5 days before it happen. Check out this link. You wont believe how he did it. HAARP

edit on 24-3-2011 by mesle123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Berkland isn't claiming to use science and proven trends to back up his predictions, he's using lunar effects and animal behavior.

Stinks of charlatanism!

The funny thing is, despite averaging 3 quakes a month around LA for decades, he's still putting only a 90% chance of it happening.

He's got all bases covered.

It's a bit like putting a $5 bet on the favourite horse to win and also putting $10 on it to place.

He's hedging his bets.

edit on 24/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Not that's a fact: S&F for u. Made me a believer.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Latest Snapshot of the Pacific Northwest on March 24th at around 2:25am PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2bd0697dbef.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington & Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4431c055453c.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c491852a7c64.jpg[/atsimg]

How are the animals in your area acting? Anything unusual in their behavior?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Here is a list of Lost and Found animals listed for the San Francisco area off of CraigsList for March 21st and March 22nd.

What would be useful to know is what the numbers were for lost and found animals before this whole 'west coast quake window' started.

Maybe those numbers are perfectly normal.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
reply to post by tallcool1

well that guy predicting the same thing every year sounds lame, i can actually predict that too until it happens....
tbh now im less scared because i thought he was kinda sure that the big earthqueake was happening at least this year but that just proves how fake he is.
edit on 23-3-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

manticorex5 - he's not predicting this every year, he's predicting it every month! And if you actually go to his website and go to the forums, there's a lot of people in there "predicting" quakes almost daily because of the ringing in their ears, dizziness, nausea, hemorrhoids, Mary images on their toast, etc.

It's like he took something that really should be scientifically studied and turned it into something you read in the Enquirer while in line at Wal-Mart.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For what it's worth my 2 cats, ESPECIALLY my 12 yr elder cat, have been very tweaky in the last 24 hours & this morning he is acting psychotic running around like he is seeing aliens. If it weren't for this prediction I would think he is going into kitty Alzheimer's except that the 7 yr old cat has been tweaking too, except not as bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My dogs and cats seem fine here in LA County. BTW, I've never lost a pet around an earthquake. And never had a pet act crazy enough to get my attention before an earthquake. Mine might be lazy!

I also have horses in the backyard. Supposedly west coast horses are so used to feeling quakes they aren't bothered, but bring a horse here form another less shaky state and they are edgy for months until they get used to it.

Point being, most of our animals are used to feeling the shakes.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you want to know how to predict large earthquakes scientifically then I suggest you go and watch my YouTube videos.

www.youtube.com.../u

I show how to scientifically detect earthquakes of "all magnitudes" before they strike.

I show why earthquakes are easily scientifically detectable before they strike, with a process never seen by others which uses programing and a piezoseismic system never seen by others.

I show how to scientifically determine the size (magnitude) of upcoming earthquakes before they strike, by mapping them before they strike.

I show how to scientifically determine the exact location of the epicenter of upcoming quakes of all magnitudes.

I show how to scientifically determine the exact depth to the foci of earthquakes before they strike.

I show how to scientifically determine "when" larger earthquakes are going to strike. When I state this, I mean an exact date within a specific hourly time period on that date. In the near future when countries start using this technology, then earthquakes will be predicted to within less than an hour of its actuall striking; in many cases it will be to within a few minutes of its actual striking time and date in the future.

All of this is an exact science, there is no guessing in any of what I show in my YouTube videos.

I also show how to scientifically prove if someones "guess", like Jim Berkland's, is worthless or not.

No one can prove my scientific process is a failure, because it is correct every time. Its like tuning into a radio station. You program your radio to the right station and every time you turn your radio on, its on that station if the station exists. If its a regular FM station, then detection with your radio is limited in range to a short distance. If its an AM station its range is extended, and if the strength of the stations output is considerable the distance extends even further.

Scientific detection of small and larger earthquakes (long before they strike, and long after they strike) is very similar to tuning into a radio station, because the subsurface material is under such tremendous stress that it sends out a piezo signal for 10's to 100's (depending on the amount of stress) of miles through all types of material.

I use piezoseismology. No other person besides myself has seen my piezoseismic system, they wouldn't know what it was if they saw it.

Furthermore, I discovered a radiation process in which a person can actually see this radiation over these tremendous distances and even see the strike of the fault as it strikes off across the countryside that is under tremendous pressure miles deep in the ground. Awesome scientific technology! Seeing is believing!!!

www.youtube.com.../u

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Very interesting. However...

Originally posted by RussianScientists
I use piezoseismology. No other person besides myself has seen my piezoseismic system, they wouldn't know what it was if they saw it.

Might I suggest you submit the patent for this technology and your experimental data for peer review in an established journal so that it can be vetted by your fellow scientists (of which I am not one, just so we're clear; just a layperson) rather than what will likely be a population largely comprised of laypersons unable to verify of falsify your assertions (such as myself) on YouTube?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Microquakes are starting to really add up. The San Fernando Valley has not been this active for a while. Almost daily there is at least a 2.0+ quake. Here's the latest that I personally felt as a "bump" moments ago:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 17:54:26 UTC
Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 10:54:26 AM at epicenter
Depth
0.1 km (~0.1 mile) (poorly constrained)
Region
GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances
2 km (1 miles) N (1°) from Burbank, CA
6 km (4 miles) WNW (297°) from Glendale, CA
7 km (4 miles) ENE (67°) from North Hollywood, CA
17 km (10 miles) NNW (340°) from Los Angeles Civic Center, CA
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 1.6 km (1.0 miles); depth +/- 3.9 km (2.4 miles)
Parameters
Nph= 12, Dmin=24 km, Rmss=0.62 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=2
Source
California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR
Event ID
ci14956652

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jalosangeles Keep in mind that of the top 10 most powerful earthquakes since 1900, 50% (or 5) have happened in the last 5 years.

Really? Where do you get this figure?

Over the past 5 years we've seen
Japan 2011 9.0
Chile 2010 8.8

But the other 8 biggest over the last 100 years occurred before.
Alaska 1964 9.2
Sumatra 2004 9.1
Russia 1952 9.0
Alaska 1965 8.7
Chile 1965 9.5
Indonesia 2005 8.7
Alaska 1957 8.6
Tibet 1950 8.6

The Indonesian earthquake of 2007 doesn't make the top ten list at only 8.5
Haiti doesn't even figure since it was only a 7.0 despite all the damage it caused.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The latest Snapshot of the Pacific Northwest on March 24th at around 2:25pm PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43996da7ee71.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington & Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3e301d74f89.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84bc3af24463.jpg[/atsimg]

Susanville/Quincy Area
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b80c7ef2ec9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Susanville/Quincy Area Info
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa50081198f5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Whoa! Looks like Mr Berkland was right after all... uncanny, how he predicted that, isn't it?
< /sarcasm >

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join