It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Scary times! I'm keeping an eye on California and Yellow Stone region....these earthquakes are just getting started. I hope for the best...

Thank you for posting the info.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Chile is having a 5.3 right now...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Something I thought that might make for an interesting experiment...

This experiment commentary has been bumped and added to the original post on page one. Please reflect to that page for more information

I'll add that it might be prudent for folks in the West Coast to have video cameras nearby in case this prediction comes true. That would also help make this experiment more valuable in terms of data gathering. It's quite possible that our pets might be able to offer up some good data and to have that captured would be invaluable, not to mention the capturing of a seismic event.

**DISCLAIMER**

But please, do not substitute safety (if the event unfolds) for the sake of capturing the earthquake.

edit on 3/16/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: edit to add disclaimer

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I say give the guy his due. He was right once, if he's right again then his method is big news. If he's wrong his credibility suffers. He must be pretty confident to get on network news to make those predictions.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

funny thing is i live in manteca , ca and discuss this very topic about the levees, even went fishing a few weeks back and could clearly see huge cracks and weak spot in the levees that could potentially break in event of an earthquake releasing entire rivers into open old flood plain that humans drained to create farmland.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Baja
California
would be my bet
Alaska is showing some activity also.
Anywhere where there has been recent quake activity is a good bet.
edit on 16-3-2011 by A por uvas because: Al.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. I had a dream two nights ago. I saw myself turning on the televison and watching breaking news and seeing the goldan gate bridge in pieces in the ocean. I by know means claim to be psychic at all. I also do not know if my sub conscious is just on information overload and it manifested into a dream. I just thought this would be as good a time as any to post on this great site. I honestly hope to god this does not happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

In response to your experiment. I slept horribly last night, and I have felt "foggy" and confused all day. unable to think as sharply as usual. Just a general sense of blah. I am located in Oklahoma not too far from the New Madrid (Though I doubt it is the New Madrid.) Most likely if anything happens it will be California or Alaska.

But what is worrisome is that if it is west coast, then I am feeling weird here in the middle. Maybe the bigger the quake the more wide reaching the preliminary effects.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gloomyblue707
reply to post by bertapearl

funny thing is i live in manteca , ca and discuss this very topic about the levees, even went fishing a few weeks back and could clearly see huge cracks and weak spot in the levees that could potentially break in event of an earthquake releasing entire rivers into open old flood plain that humans drained to create farmland.

Interesting.. You might want to have a camera to document some of the cracks if your able to. I actually have Family that lives probably 20 minutes from your area.
edit on 3/16/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
I heard a poster on this forum mention that methane gets released from cracks in the ocean floor and kills the fish.
It would certainly explain the the ludicrous numbers; millions (maybe even billions) of dead fish... Not to mention, makes quite a lot of sense. The earth buckles, it creates deep cracks, which release deeply stored earth materials. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

It does not make sense! Why only one kind of the species dies like only anchovies for example. If it is a methane other kind fish should die too and there should be a huge mix of different kind fishes dead not only one kind!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. I had a dream two nights ago. I saw myself turning on the televison and watching breaking news and seeing the goldan gate bridge in pieces in the ocean. I by know means claim to be psychic at all. I also do not know if my sub conscious is just on information overload and it manifested into a dream. I just thought this would be as good a time as any to post on this great site. I honestly hope to god this does not happen.

Hello and welcome to ATS!

We appreciate you joining and sharing your experience. An interesting side note is that a member from ATS awhile back had a dream about the Japan Earthquake (which they posted here on ATS). So again I thank you for your post as all and any data information may prove to be excellent input if this prediction does come to pass..

Johnny

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

****EDIT TO ADD**** Something I thought that might make for an interesting experiment... As the day of Mr.Berkland's prediction approaches, it might be interesting if the members of ATS took the time to check the newspaper (etc.) in their local area to see if there are any reports of 'lost animals' (IE: pets etc) or reports of 'wild animals' being sighted within a community/town. These are supposedly indicators as animals seem to be able to sense oncoming earthquakes long before we humans know that an earthquake is going to hit.

This guy has been very very good at predicting past earthquake activity. I would take this seriously. It is also rare for him to give a location and not just the time frame window and approximate size.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When Mr. Berkland said that wild animals come into big cities prior to quakes I remembered that two night ago my Fiance and I were driving home through the city and we saw two does (female deer) cross the road in front of us.

I am in the southern most part of Indiana, which i understand is fairly close to the New Madrid Fault.?

Not sure about that as I don't know where to look to find out but it got me wondering whether it was just a coincidence and if anybody else around this area had been noticing this.

I probably won't be staying around this thread so if anyone has seen something like this near me please U2U me and tell me where and when

ETA: Sorry I got caught up in my story but nice post Mr. Anonymous

Good find

Jr.
edit on 16-3-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kylioneXsushi

In response to your experiment. I slept horribly last night, and I have felt "foggy" and confused all day. unable to think as sharply as usual. Just a general sense of blah. I am located in Oklahoma not too far from the New Madrid (Though I doubt it is the New Madrid.) Most likely if anything happens it will be California or Alaska.

But what is worrisome is that if it is west coast, then I am feeling weird here in the middle. Maybe the bigger the quake the more wide reaching the preliminary effects.

Appreciate your experiences.

As I mentioned in my "additions" to the original post, I can't see how my 'feelings' of an event that is many 100's of miles away from me can be connected to the Japan earthquake. But the researcher side of me says that I still need to document it as collectively as more data and information comes in, may prove otherwise (whether I want to believe it or not), I still have to remain "open" to factors I may not consider to be factors. Add to that Charlotte King, whom can supposedly detect these seismic effects worldwide (which still raises my eyebrows), well what can I say on the documented data?

I'm adding all this information as you folks post, and I thank you all again for the responses and being a part of the experiment..

Johnny

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

i heard they are fixing up some levees outside of manteca working day and night... that was a few weeks ago also on local news channel KCRA 3 ... i may just have to take the digi cam out fishing with me... i usually try not to bring electronics outdoors for thats the reason i go in the first place to get away from technology, but for some solid evidence of danger or risks to lives that may bring attention to the fact anyone living in the central valley or in close proximity of any of the rivers that flow into the delta may be potentially living with hazards to their safety or well being.. should push me enough to snap a couple photos to post up on ATS... with all the rain in the forecast i hope i can get time to go before it starts to get muddy and i cant get my fishing bud to go with me.. the cracks are many..even if they did fix the biggest ones a small crack could turn into a bigger crack with higher water flows expected after upcoming rains and snowmelt raising the dam releases...and possible earthquakes... you should inform your family that anywhere near manteca,tracy,stockton, as far as elk grove will be flooded out in an event of several levee failures as the water sits higher than the land throughout most of the delta due to channeling of natural delta forcing rivers to be confined behind an earthen dam which are steadily degrading over time ,even with all the fixing they have already done.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

it's entirely plausible a major event will happen on this date or around this date as moon is in perigee, and other geo factors, so most people could predict this would be more likely than other dates. This guy has creds and is also saying it so makes it even more credible.

On the point of being sensitive to things, I am, generally, sounds, smells, always very alert, allergies to various things, and able to sense things and psychic, this isn't boasting as some might think, in many ways has been a major hinderance. I am also sensitive to animal sounds, like the saying 'a little bird told me', since a child, spending a lot of time in the woods, learning about nature and having animal 'spirit guides' that are able to communicate, recently, I get the impression the animals are trying to say something, like a warning, and have often appeared at odd times with the intention of communicating. Now this isn't as far fetched as it might sound, humanity just have got disconnected to their sixth sense and communication abilities.

Anyhow, yesterday morning I got the impression a bird was trying to relay a message that something was about to happen though nearer to the UK than Japan, specifically '18th, 555 and west, south west and corona', maybe this refers to a west USA quake, and could be a 5.5, and referring to the 18th?.

I should add this isn't a prediction, just something I felt was being relayed to me. Also if it were something numerological, 18 is connected to chai=life, and 555 connected to the book of revelations and the 18th is when NASA MESSENGER satellite commences it's orbit round Mercury.

www.nasa.gov...

Also, didn't read the report yet but from the overview you mentioned, my own body clock has gotten such a way recently I practically cannot sleep between the hours of 0300 to 0500 and recently including until 0700, basically if I sleep from 2000 to 0200 then cannot sleep afterwards until the next night or a nap during the day if and when able to.

Feeling compelled to research things too and just not feeling relaxed like I used to, and very very alert.
edit on 16-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There seems to be a rash of valid dreams and predictions as of late.
I have even been having odd dreams also,. an earthquake one included.
the awareness has picked up in a stronger frequency and more are tuned in I believe.

I do have to agree with some skeptics a bit about California,. that in an area
that has a rather high average of quakes, making a prediction of that zone is kind of a
sure bet.
and yet I also agree that the area is due
Didnt Edger predict a quake on our west coast for 2010?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I am watching a program on Nat Geo about the Cascadia fault line and some very troubling FX and info about an imminent event on west coast, The program focused primarily on Seattle and Portland getting creamed. With the 19th-March looming on the calendar, I thought the timing of this program was pretty coincidental.

Program was called Countdown to Catrastrophe. It was a new production evidently for 2011.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wasn't going to put this out there but....

The Friday before the Japan quake I couldn't make myself get out of bed for several hours, being unemployed at the moment I usually sleep til noonish but that day (and this was the only day this happened to me), I stayed in bed until around 6 P.M.

I am by no means lazy but I just felt like if I got out of the bed i would fall directly on my face

However when I finally did get up I felt just fine (other than not being able to sleep that night).

And just to clarify I am not psycic by any means the only time I have ever sensed something was wrong and was right about it was when my best friend took her own life when I was 12 or so.

Jr.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have to drive into the Bay Area next week, or before the end of the month at the latest. It stinks I actually have to worry about predictions becoming real to make my plans and schedule.

But based on history and current Earthquake activities from Chile to New Zealand and Japan... kinda hard to ignore.

Add telling my kid it's safe to take the BART(subway) from Berkley to school everyday under the East Bay into downtown San Fran ....and..ummm.. kinda creepy. I'm going to ride with her the first day..there and back..
She has to take the subway..or drive over the one of the bridges... Can't be too careful and can't live under a rock.

I'll check for animals on the freeway on the way down there. Maybe make a U turn back up to the MNTS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join