It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

I have a few other observations regarding the quakes going on. I am by no means a geologist - I have been noticing 2 patterns when viewing seismic sites.

The first is patterns of quakes occuring within a window of 38 degrees (up or down about 10) latitude and how many are occuring within minutes of each other. Perhaps this is stress. I noticed that within the last few days the pattern is even more apparent.

hisz.rsoe.hu...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

The next thing I observed is how most of the earthquake activity has been occuring (please forgive me I am feeling very fatigued) on the left (Asian) side of the Pacific Plate and Australia - and then activity on the right side (bottom) South America. Until yesterday, there seemed to be less activity on the upper right (Cali, Wash, Oregon).

When I link to www.iris.edu... and hisz.rsoe.hu... I have a tendency to just "see" what patterns are occuring. Again, this could be just natural, stress being relieved within the plates.

Lastly, a spiritual irony? There was an earthquake in Ethiopia yesterday (considered Holy land) recorded at 'Mount Furi'.

www.fdsn.org...
www.iris.edu...

your Planetary Sister

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

I noticed the same pattern. Correlatating it with the Japan quake on the 11th, I also noticed that as the aftershocks in Japan lessened, the quake movement on the American side of the Plate increased. Since the 11th for every 3 Japanese quakes there was 1 on the california side, when the Japanese side lessened there was 3 quakes ( now 5) on the california side to every 1 on the Japanese side. Since yesterday noon california time to today there has been more quakes in a 24 hour period then in the 48 hour period prior. I think alot more is going on. Check this out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

IT GOES LIKE THIS:
What are the different types of Tides?
When the sun and moon are aligned, there are exceptionally strong gravitational forces, causing very high and very low tides which are called spring tides, though they have nothing to do with the season. When the sun and moon are not aligned, the gravitational forces cancel each other out, and the tides are not as dramatically high and low. These are called neap tides
Spring Tides
When the moon is full or new, the gravitational pull of the moon and sun are combined. At these times, the high tides are very high and the low tides are very low. This is known as a spring high tide. Spring tides are especially strong tides (they do not have anything to do with the season Spring). They occur when the Earth, the Sun, and the Moon are in a line. The gravitational forces of the Moon and the Sun both contribute to the tides. Spring tides occur during the full moon and the new moon.
Neap Tides
During the moon's quarter phases the sun and moon work at right angles, causing the bulges to cancel each other. The result is a smaller difference between high and low tides and is known as a neap tide. Neap tides are especially weak tides. They occur when the gravitational forces of the Moon and the Sun are perpendicular to one another (with respect to the Earth). Neap tides occur during quarter moons.

DID YOU NOTE THAT WHEN THE SUN AND MOON ARE ALIGNED WITH THE EARTH IN THE MIDDLE GRAVITATIONAL ATIVITY IS HIEGHTENED?

REALLY CAN'T EXPLAIN IT ANY BETTER THEN THAT. FOR YOU TO KEEP INSISTING THAT ALL OF SCIENCE IS INCORRECT OR YOU DON'T GET IT, IS REALLY WEARING THIN. YOUR OWN QUOTE, GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT FIRST, THEN DISTORT THEM, MIGHT WORK FOR YOU, I PERSONALLY DON'T GET IT.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If that wasn't good enough? This is an excerp from the follow wikapedia article on tides. You might want to read it.

"For example, the solid part of the Earth is affected by tides."

www.google.com... NEH6SpvIxJKSM8lP8JR1v_98oHzVA

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Latest Pacific Northwest Snapshots for March 20th at around 3:00pm PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d521958750f.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/110ab94b757d.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d0584ec635f.jpg[/atsimg]

This snapshot again is of the Cloverdale area as it's still getting some active 3+ activity
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e46c73df7e0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c12118f6ee.jpg[/atsimg]

MexiCali border
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/136d0a5894e0.jpg[/atsimg]

****UPDATE****

We were informed a few posts below that the Cloverdale Data is from a Geyser. In the spirit of pure transparency we are leaving the graph, but are adjusting all the data gathered from that area to reflect such in the final analysis of this little experiment. And our thanks to the member "steve95988" for bringing this to our attention.
edit on 3/20/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: To add a disclaimer to the cloverdale data

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

I understand that tides are greater during a full and new moon. That's why I used examples showing tides during a full moon. I said that the difference in tides caused by a perigeal full Moon is not great. That is what is being discussed, not that spring tides are higher than neap tides.

reply to post by mesle123

I know that. I said so in the post you replied to.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Therte was a small quake on vancouver island last night

Sensors from the U.S. Geological Survey picked up a relatively shallow 4.4-magnitude earthquake 100 kilometres south-southwest of Port Hardy, off the Brooks Peninsula.

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As a resident of California, I see a lot of quake predictions, both from professional seismologists studying quake prediction or geologists, and from lay-persons with gut feelings or reading "signs." Sometimes they get lucky, but usually they turn out to be incorrect in my experience.

The problem with this one is that the areas given - 140 miles around two different points - covers huge portions of the entire state. For a quake of at least 3.5 to occur as predicted within those areas would not be saying much. Now, if a major quake occurs by the 26th, that's another story. (Although, even then, California is long, long overdue by most seismologists' estimations for a major quake anyway.)

Ultimately, preparedness should be a rule rather than something people do in response to predictions in my opinion. Have sufficient bottled water to last at least a week or two, lots of non-perishable foods, basic first aid, any prescription medications you'll need for at least a week or two, flashlights, batteries, blankets or other non-electrical-grid-dependent means of warmth, and a little extra money set aside in a safe place, preferably in an easily portable container like a large bag or backpack. Have multiple egress routes from your home or place of work. Remove any heavy, high-sitting or hanging objects from walls, shelves, etc. so that there is minimal risk of falling heavy objects. And while perhaps unlikely in the event of a local, in-land epicenter, just in case (especially after seeing what happened to Japan, and given the fact that there is a subduction zone off the west coast that some predict may one day produce a major quake,) know your nearby high ground and how to get to it fast. If a tsunami happens, you may have as little as minutes to get to safety. (Another reason to have all of the above essentials in a portable container of some kind. That way you can just grab it and run.)

All of that should be part of your way of life already if you live in seismically active areas. And if it wasn't already, then what just happened in Japan should have been ample wake up call to do it. That's all you can really do to prepare for a quake. Regardless of whether one happens, it's always best to be prepared, right? That way there's no need to panic or worry, because you know you've done everything you could to protect yourself. If that wasn't enough, well, then there wasn't anything else you could have done, right? Either way, I feel there's no need to be panicked or anxious about this. What will happen will happen. Just try to be ready as best you can. (That said, I can certainly understand being fearful of it happening.)

Peace.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I dreamt of a tsunami on the morning of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami....I was so confused when I woke up and saw the news.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

Ultimately, preparedness should be a rule rather than something people do in response to predictions in my opinion.

And if it wasn't already, then what just happened in Japan should have been ample wake up call to do it. That's all you can really do to prepare for a quake. Regardless of whether one happens, it's always best to be prepared, right? That way there's no need to panic or worry, because you know you've done everything you could to protect yourself. If that wasn't enough, well, then there wasn't anything else you could have done, right?

There is a lot of truth in your post, and thanks for reminding us all that we need to remain prepared and vigilant regardless of a prediction, for the sake of not only ourselves, but our family and loved ones too..

Here's the most recent Pacific Northwest Snapshot from 8:00pm to 6:30pm PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aebea120f53c.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington and Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29b0597e906f.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a6054948bc6.jpg[/atsimg]

Southern California and Mexicali border
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32745c6f9caa.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way just a quick reminder that were still hoping for more assistance with reports of either your pets acting abnormally and/or different (than normal), articles/data about wild animals being seen/noticed in a community/town (where they normally aren't witnessed), LOST & FOUND data from either your local newspapers or from your county shelters (perhaps make a call and ask if there has been an increase in animals being lost or found), AND FINALLY, your own personal data/information on how your feeling if it is different than your usual routine.

The hope is to use this data/information after the 26th of March and compare the seismic activity in your areas to what you've posted here in the thread in our little experiment. So even if no significant Mega-Quake occurs, we might be able to still glean some great data to add to the theory that animals (and perhaps people too), can sense something 'different' in the earth prior to it occurring.

And thanks again for your help and participation,
Johnny

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just for a reference as to what is happening Globally..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d74d48c7efb0.jpg[/atsimg]

Purple is for the past 5 years
Yellow is for the past 2 weeks
Orange is for the past 1 day
Red is for whats happen today

edit on 3/20/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: To add graph

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

that area around cloverdale ca is geyser activity and we get 3+ earthquakes more than 5 or ten times a day... on a good day.. all geo-thermal here

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
that area around cloverdale ca is geyser activity and we get 3+ earthquakes more than 5 or ten times a day... on a good day.. all geo-thermal here

Excellent.. Thanks for the heads up, this is good to know.

We will adjust for that bit of information.. (BTW, this is exactly what I meant by some data/information being flawed and unusable)

Johnny

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

well let me just start off for saying good post i live in cali and i just found out about this i did my research and flat out this guy that screwed called nuttier then # has predicted every major earth quake since 1989 the world series quake in san fransisco witch by the way he lost his job over cause the higher ups in the gov didnt want to admit they were wrong so u guys might want to listen to what jim burkland has to say

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Check out the New Zealand media. They lambasted the 'moonman' Ken Ring for making the same prediction as well as one on or around 20th march in Christchurch. There was a 5.1 on that date whcih isn't big but is the largest since the February Christchurch earthquake.

Interesting aye!.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xamonymous

They all say that. Sorry, but they do. If you did, yes it would be freaky but we've all had premonitions, it's just few come on here and say that 'before' it happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
CNN just reported of an earthquake in central Arkansas, Mag. 4.7 and I went to log into ATS, tried to find the article again and it disappeared. I also looked on the USGS webpage some people tweeted about this event (look it up) and the link appeared to be broken with the current map showing nothing resembling this magnitude of earthquake. Anyone with info please help?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
www.theithacajournal.com...|mostpopular|text|NEWS

"2 firms to suspend earthquake zone injection wells"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I guess this guy is proven wrong. At least to a ceartain point. That is if you call a 3.3 earthquake the big one.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Here's the recent Snapshot of the Pacific Northwest for around 1:00am PST, March 21st

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/478d518e6b0d.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington & Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ace59f54d26f.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c9583e28160.jpg[/atsimg]

SoCal Mexicali
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c1842fec04a.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join