It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Actually, he suffered from Aspergers Syndrome so careful with your words

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is a snapshot of a 3+ in the Cloverdale, CA. area at around 1:22am PST where there was some concentrated activity

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a36bc101dc6.jpg[/atsimg]

These are the snapshots from around 4:30am PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0825b735ca8a.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington & Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87e65b0937ef.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25c1fe3b9c14.jpg[/atsimg]

Southern California and Baja Rim
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05f881ad6da8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I noticed this morning Alabama had a small quake....will definitely continue to keep my eye on seismic activity. We have had way too many for the year already!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
CHCH in NZ received a 5.1 about 3 hours ago:

nz.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is serious folks. I hope he's wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well so far nothing but tremors...It's just another day in good ole U.S. of A.!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I've run across that study.

First, it's not talking about earthquakes. It's talking about very slow, difficult to detect events which were first discovered in 2002.

Secondly the study is based on three episodes of which two seemed to show a tidally influenced signal. I'm not sure that is sufficient to find a correlation. But even if the correlation is valid the influence on the level of activity is affected by tides, not the gravitational influence of the Moon and Sun. As is easily demonstrated the current super-perigeal-full Moon tides are nothing to write home about. Berkland's syzygy notions don't hold water.

edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is an interesting location....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquake Details
* This is a computer-generated message -- this event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 2.4 - OREGON
2011 March 20 18:02:53 UTC

Magnitude 2.4
Date-Time

* Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 18:02:53 UTC
* Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 11:02:53 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 45.262°N, 123.850°W
Depth 27.4 km (17.0 miles) set by location program
Region OREGON
Distances

* 3 km (2 miles) SW (228°) from Beaver, OR
* 4 km (2 miles) N (10°) from Hebo, OR
* 7 km (4 miles) NNE (23°) from Cloverdale, OR
* 51 km (32 miles) W (276°) from McMinnville, OR
* 74 km (46 miles) WNW (300°) from Salem, OR
* 99 km (61 miles) WSW (253°) from Portland, OR

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.4 km (0.9 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 13, Nph= 13, Dmin=46 km, Rmss=0.19 sec, Gp=198°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by quietright

Not really. That area has these little tremors all the time. Also close to volcanoes so it more than likely is just magma rolling around under the ground. Which is also very normal!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But even if the correlation is valid the influence on the level of activity is affected by tides, not the gravitational influence of the Moon and Sun.

I really need to get this explained one more time: The tides is due to gravitational effects of the moon but these slow tidally influenced effects are not ...

edit on 2011-3-20 by Torre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm sorry to tell you that your statement; " As is easily demonstrated the current super-perigeal-full Moon tides are nothing to write home about." is incorrect.
I live in Florida and have my entire life. Water is my way of life. From swimming, fishing, boating, tides are a daily requirement. I have watched the tides my whole life. The average mid moon tide runs from 1 to 3.5 ft. The full and new moon tides run an average of 3ft. to 6ft. Over the last 24 hours the incoming tide has risen to 8ft at high tide. For low lying coastal areas that can mean rivers can overflow their backs and flood homes.
While I can not tell you what difference that makes to the magnetic pull or plates, I can tell you a perogee moon has in fact made the tides considerably higher.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mesle123

Eight feet? Are there reports of flooding?
Can you give me a rough idea of your location?

edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
But even if the correlation is valid the influence on the level of activity is affected by tides, not the gravitational influence of the Moon and Sun.

I really need to get this explained one more time: The tides is due to gravitational effects of the moon but these slow tidally influenced effects are not ...

edit on 2011-3-20 by Torre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Torre

You'll have to ask Dr. Vidale (one of the researchers) about the distinction. I got that from him. He specifically talks about ocean tides showing a correlation.

"We expected that the added water of a rising tide would clamp down on the tremor, but it seems to have had the opposite effect. It's fair to say that we don't understand it," Vidale said.

uwnews.org...

It could be because tides show a "lag" compared to the actual position of Moon. That is, a high tide does not occur when the Moon is directly overhead.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, to me it seems reasonable that if the moon has an influence on water it would as well have influence on land masses ...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

"Something I thought that might make for an interesting experiment... "JohnnyAnonymous"

Before the Japan earthquake, I was immobilized for a month. Could not get up - and this wasn't my usual post-Katrina/mold/Deepwater toxin fatigue. My energy returned the day after the quake (although I am not able to be around large groups of people without feeling overwhelmed). The night of the earthquake, I awoke out of a deep sleep, within 25 minutes of the event occuring and began searching the internet to see what might be going on, I found Aljazeera's live coverage and was able to "be with" the enourmous suffering that was unfolding.

Two nights ago, I began to have panic attacks in my sleep. When I awaken, I register enourmous amounts of energy are pouring into me, and I am aware of "people screaming". When I check in with the energies, it does not feel related to Japan which has an energetic signature of "being with" suffering with strength. What I am perceiving, what I believe I am perceiving and processing, is an energy that may be coming. This occured again last night one hour before (timing wise) of the previous influx the night before. Both events fall within a 11:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. window.

This morning whilst sitting outside for my morning meditation and prayers, the words came to me " the calm before the storm."

One last note: on February 25th I put this prophecy up on my website, until this prophecy, I had not received any prophecies since 2009:

02-25-2011

Wait.

Witness...

Pray...

Remember... LOVE.

It may not seem like much, but in the greater context of years of prophecy that has been given by Grace to me, I know that it was guidance.

This was before Katrina:

8-23-2005

A warning:

On the eve of a time of grievous suffering for the people of the nation of the free, its nation’s leaders wait in anticipation with darkness in their hearts.

Today I am fatigued, I feel the need to be outside, listening to the birds sing, feel the breeze, and be near my plants. I am aware that I need to be in my own energy field with nature, away from other people. My nervous system feels agitated, my mind discombobulated, and I am having difficulties with spelling and remembering words. I continue to perceive the energies of "people screaming" in my heart center.

I believe that prophecy is given as (but not limited to) a blessing, warning, and comfort. Anything that I am sharing today about my personal experiences, is held within my deep spiritual beliefs and absolute knowing that no matter what unfolds, we are all deeply loved and held by Love. For me, in it's most simple and humblest forms, it is the love of God.

Prayers for the suffering.
your Planetary Sister

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i had a feeling it was going to be down in southern california that was going to be hit the hardest.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Torre

And it does. However the effect is very small and it is evenly spread over a wide area. No particular stress would be localized. An entire fault would be affected equally as it were (unless it were perfectly lined up).

It is not unreasonable that tidal effects influence seismicity. It's just that there is so much "noise", so many earthquakes (normal ones), that finding a solid correlation is very difficult. There are studies which show that certain types of faults, with certain alignments, may show an increase in microtremors show correlations but in these cases it is thought that it is not the tidal effects but the migration of water (which is easily affected tidally) which is responsible. It is a secondary effect, which is what the study we are talking about seems to indicate as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1PlanetarySister

I feel for you in your extreme sensitivity to these things. It cannot be easy having this stuff come to you / through you, especially when the events you have described relate to such huge devastation. Please God things will not be as bad as you are feeling...
Though I would never claim to have any paranormal abilities, I do feel like I am sort of holding my spiritual breath, so to speak, as if something is coming that will involve all of us...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Thank you for your compassion.

It used to much more difficult, but now that more planetary brothers and sisters are awakening to each other and "love", I find that once the event occurs, I am released from carrying so much sufferation to a state of feeling strength enough to "be with" the suffering that unfolds in prayer and love - because so many of us are consciously aware and holding the suffering 'together' - however we do so and with whomever we choose to believe in or not.

I have survived these many years with my gift because I have been surrounded by love. I have a spiritual teacher that has taught me to trust my gift of prophecy, has taught me the power of love, spiritual discernment, purification, and during the most intense times, has supported me, yes, even financially. I have not been able to "work" for years, except for being able to have a window to volunteer post-Katrina, and have survived - again, through the love of my spiritual brothers and sisters, and the Grace of God, and one spiritual sister in particular, whose love for me and belief in my spiritual mission, has made it possible to survive without an income.

Thank you again for your compassionate reply. Your reply affirmed for me once again - how important it is during these times to "see" each other, "be with" each other, and most of all to "Remember Love."

your Planetary Sister

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join