It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
well it seems jimmy was a bit off on his prediction,.
And I will say nothing will happen at all this weekend
just a hunch

I guess I need to remind everyone again..

The window STARTS today and ends on the 26th
Yes,. you are correct,.
just throwin this out there

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why would you ask ATS members to participate in an experiment AFTER the winow of experiment has begun?

He was just asking from a scientific basis about anyone noticing anything in ADVANCE that might not seem normal.

He does'nt have to be a Scientist. Just looking for data that might be accumulative, and see if there was a correlation to different behavior before quakes in a specific area, for future predictive patterns, based on what we've read and heard.

He might be onto something... Maybe not.

It's just a reality check if confirmed.

And I hope nothing happens next week on West Coast of U.S. But if it does? Hmmmmm.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that,maybe, the geologist got air time to mislead us into thinking something will happen on the West coast? He's been on tv and radio. I'm not discounting him,but everyone seems to be focused on the West Coast. Perhaps,it will be the New Madrid fault that adjusts first,before anything occurs on the West Coast. Not that I want that to happen either.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alohagirl21
Does anyone else think that,maybe, the geologist got air time to mislead us into thinking something will happen on the West coast? He's been on tv and radio. I'm not discounting him,but everyone seems to be focused on the West Coast. Perhaps,it will be the New Madrid fault that adjusts first,before anything occurs on the West Coast. Not that I want that to happen either.

15 minutes of fame isn't worth much to a scientist. I feel that he must have been truly concerned to sacrifice his reputation by going on Fox News to announce his predictions.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I hope no earthquakes hit anywhere..
Now that we were getting closer to solving some major socio-political issues.
The mass is starting just now to aknowledge the deceivers behing governments...
Synchronicity?....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The Latest EarthQuake snapshot as of around 11:00pm PST of the Pacific Northwest

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5d6daedfe99.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington and Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6d3e585c5bf.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3cb96d2c452.jpg[/atsimg]

Southern California and Baja Rim
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ff842d19671.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I bring this up because on the day of the Japan earthquake, for 20 hours prior, I was very discombobulated and off-kelter all day. not able to walk well to towel myself off, my equilibrium was that off I even mentioned it to my relatives I was visiting asking if they felt weird also (which they didn't).

Same here. I was dizzy, too, during the quake period. I did not have a premonition dizziness or discomfort like you mentioned. I thought it was just old age or something, but I don't have a prior experience for it, and haven't had one since. I don't know the time it started, but it may have been before the quake. It was definitely during the quake, and not after it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well no mega quake as of yet!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Seismic activity pretty normal.

No quakes.

Horses were too jittery today for a workshop, either due to supermoon or the coming storm that arrived this evening.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'd like to point everyone's attention to a thread called:

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth,. It's well worth the read.

It's very well composed and seems to fit in nicely as a reference to what Mr. Berkland claims has a significant influence on his making this prediction window between the 19th and the 26th of this month.

For those that don't know, the Moon is at it's closest to Earth in about 20 years. This will have a great influence on the oceans. I've included a small graph (not mine) of where we sit on the 19th in relation to the gravitational forces of this Supermoon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3da9c18a264d.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3/20/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: typos

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bastet11
reply to post by BuckMillion

Just two days ago here in San Diego county, someone struck and killed a mountain lion. That is so rare since they never come to the main roads like that!www.signonsandiego.com...

Really? Have you been to San Diego county?

Have you seen the building going on - - - destroying natural habitats?

This is not an unusual occurrence.

Why yes, I live here in San Diego county..have been for almost the last decade. Never once came across a mountain lion in any way. Local news sources even state this was unusual, hence why I posted it in response to the other odd mountain lion sightings. Just trying to cover all bases.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

This will have a great influence on the oceans.

No Johnny.

The direct effect of the Moon's gravity on the surface of the Earth is very slight. Tides are caused by the differential between the force of the Moon's gravity on one side of the Earth and the other, the gravity gradient. That is why high tides occur on opposite sides of the Earth at the same time.

The perigeal full moon does not necessarily have much of an effect on tides than otherwise. For example, San Francisco:
March 19, 2011 (Perigeal full Moon, 356577 km)
High Tide 5.9 ft
Low Tide 0.2 ft

October 12, 2011 (Apogeal full Moon, 406434 km)
High Tide 5.7 ft
Low Tide 0.3 ft

A difference in high tides of 2.4 inches. About 3%

Now look at January 19, 2011 (middle of the road full Moon)
High Tide 6.8 ft
Low Tide -1.1 ft.
Interesting, is it not? When was the greater influence exerted?

wolfweb.unr.edu...
www.fourmilab.ch...
edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
Why yes, I live here in San Diego county..have been for almost the last decade. Never once came across a mountain lion in any way. Local news sources even state this was unusual, hence why I posted it in response to the other odd mountain lion sightings. Just trying to cover all bases.

Sorry. But I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.
I'm 38yrs old and lived in San Diego county my entire life.
While this does not happen on a regular basis, this does happen a lot. Most areas it happens in are areas that have been build on open land and now consist of track homes as far as the eye can see.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The direct effect of the Moon's gravity on the surface of the Earth is very slight.

Hi Phage,

Guess I must have read this wrong then, apologies..

NOAA Tidal Variations - The Influence of Position and Distance

"Once a month, when the moon is closest to the Earth (at perigee), tide-generating forces are higher than usual, producing above-average ranges in the tides. About two weeks later, when the moon is farthest from the Earth (at apogee), the lunar tide-raising force is smaller, and the tidal ranges are less than average. "

Still, I think it's not too far a stretch to think that there "might be" a greater than normal force at work with the "Super Moon" being it's closest in 20 years. The average distance of the moon from the Earth is 384,401 kilometers (238,856 miles). The moon during the perigee on March 19 will be 356,577 km (221,566 m) from the Earth (NOAA).

But I agree that perhaps I should have used the wording "might have" a greater influence on the oceans, as from what I've read, these are still just the expectations by those that study the tides.

Johnny
edit on 3/20/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

You read it right as far as it goes. Perigeal tides are greater than apogeal tides but that does not mean they are the greatest tides. Your link points this out.

When the Earth is closest to the sun (perihelion), which occurs about January 2 of each calendar year, the tidal ranges are enhanced.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...

As demonstrated, these perigeal tides are not that big of a deal. Supermoon or not.
I'm a boater. I study the tides lest my boat get stuck.

edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
A little bump in activity....

MAG UTC DATE-TIME LAT deg LON deg DEPTH km LOCATION
4.4 2011/03/20 04:20:39 49.910 -128.216 9.9 214 km (133 mi) W of Campbell River, Canada
3.5 2011/03/20 08:17:01 38.788 -122.772 0.8 3 km ( 2 mi) ESE of The Geysers, CA

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I don't know much about EQs or Geology, or predictions but,
Just a first impression,
This guy comes across like he is Nuttier than Squirrel $h!T.
He's got that thousand yard stare and reminds me of one of those people
in a nursing home who sit and stare at the cieling and talk to their dead realatives.

I'm not saying he isn't on to something though.
God forbid I slam this guy and I have to come back here in a couple of days and eat my words.

And once again someone gets discarded because of appearances.

Einstein was mentally challenged also (maybe that's why his theories get debunked nowadays? He looked strange?)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Which Einstein?
Albert? No he wasn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

As demonstrated, these perigeal tides are not that big of a deal. Supermoon or not.

While your here and were on the subject of tides.. I'd like to get your opinion on a study by the University Of Washington.

Rising tides intensify non-volcanic tremor in Earth's crust

"For more than a decade geoscientists have detected what amount to ultra-slow-motion earthquakes under Western Washington and British Columbia on a regular basis, about every 14 months. Such episodic tremor-and-slip events typically last two to three weeks and can release as much energy as a large earthquake, though they are not felt and cause no damage.

Now University of Washington researchers have found evidence that these slow-slip events are actually affected by the rise and fall of ocean tides."

"The rising tide appeared to increase the tremor by a factor of 30 percent, though the Earth distortion still was so small that it was undetectable without instruments, said Vidale, a UW professor of Earth and space sciences and director of the Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network.

"We expected that the added water of a rising tide would clamp down on the tremor, but it seems to have had the opposite effect. It's fair to say that we don't understand it," Vidale said.

"Earthquakes don't behave this way," he added. "Most don't care whether the tide is high or low."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Romekje

Which Einstein?
Albert? No he wasn't.

Yes he was, multiple OCD's and apart from his genius in the field of logic and mathematics he had the mental maturity of a child.

Yet i was simply trying to make a point that people are very fast in discarding someone's research and/or observations because he or she "looks funny"

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join