It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
it's the 19th already and nothing happened, so don't worry, i doubt something will happen later.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Latest EarthQuake Snapshot of the Pacific NorthWest as about 12:50am - 1:00am PST

USA Total
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/075df4c30237.jpg[/atsimg]

Washington Oregon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b60d461f5f9d.jpg[/atsimg]

California
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/408b06095d41.jpg[/atsimg]

Southern California and Baja rim
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af5df2c1288e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
it's the 19th already and nothing happened, so don't worry, i doubt something will happen later.

The window of earthquakes begins on the 19th and ends after the 26th according to Mr. Berkland's predictions

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
My question is this. Did mr. Jim berkland predict this earthquake prior to japans quake?
That is a very important question to me. I want to believe. I just want to know that was his feeling and he just wasn't capitalizing on a mega disaster in japan

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi, I've been lurking here a few days looking thru all the earthquake-related posts. I'm in New Zealand, so earthquakes are part of our national psyche at the moment. I'm fascinated by all of this, especially as it seems to be creating a window whereby we're all tuning into the earth so much more for a change. Maybe this is a new phase we're entering?
When I experience something I try to see if there's an "equal and opposite force" which could be the cause...
Yes our cats and dogs are VERY clingy at the moment - maybe they're aware of subtle energy shifts, or maybe it's because we're on edge with the possibility of further quakes?
Yes my ears are popping and ringing way more than usual and I'm often feeling a bit wobbly and slightly nauseous - maybe they're adjusting to energy shifts as well, or maybe the "super moon" (wow it looks beautiful in the sky right now!) is having an effect on the fluids in my ears?
One thing though: 5-7 days before all of the big quakes around the ring of fire over the past year, I've "felt" like I'm experiencing an earthquake. (I've never felt a REAL one before though). Sometimes it's been a rolling, other times a sideways shift or shaking, or 5 days before the Japan one, I felt like I was in a boat bobbing up over a small wave. It wasn't until the news of the tsunami that it made any sense. This week I felt like the earth dropped away from my feet 3 times within about 6 seconds. There's been no quake that's followed it, but ever since then I've been feeling earth movements several times a day, and been awakened at night feeling like it's moving. We don't live near faults so don't get quakes. It's a strange feeling. I don't know if it means I'm tuning in to something, or my imagination is getting the better of me. Its interesting though.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

There have been several mountain lion sightings within city limits of San Mateo (SF Bay Area). The most recent on March 4 and 8, 2011 (11 days ago)

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
My question is this. Did mr. Jim berkland predict this earthquake prior to japans quake?
That is a very important question to me. I want to believe. I just want to know that was his feeling and he just wasn't capitalizing on a mega disaster in japan

According to his website, he posted this up on the 15th of March. You can determine for yourself as to what his model was for his prediction. I've photocopied his post from his website.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63da684ec5bf.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3/19/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: to add Mr. Berklands website for his material copied

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I was just outside, trying to look at the moon (which is behind the clouds right now), and I noticed something odd.
First off, I live in the middle of nowhere. Southern Indiana, to be more precise. Usually every full moon, cloudy or not, all of the dogs in the area are howling, as are the numerous coyotes that live in the area.
Only right now, with the moon almost full, it is completely silent. No frogs croaking away in the pond just up the hill from my house, which were croaking quite loudly two nights ago.
For the past two nights, I have been woken up by the fact that I was drenched in sweat. Actually, this has happened multiple times in the past two nights. I say nights, but I sleep during the day. The funny thing is, my wife has told me that several of her friends have been having trouble sleeping the past week or so. Of course, this could be caused by emotional stress over the whole Japan issue, which, I'm sure, everyone has been feeling lately. I only bring this up due to the fact that, for the past few days, I have been sleeping quite well, which I normally do not, sleeping during the day and all. Well, I was before this whole sweating issue.
About the house pets: My wife's cat has been acting crazy all day, as if she had taken a bath in catnip, which is not the case. The dogs don't really seem to be acting different, other than sleeping a bit more than normal.
There seems to have been an explosion in the rabbit population in my area. I've seen more rabbits this last month than I ever remember seeing in a normal year. That could be associated with a drop in the predator population, but I haven't heard anything about that, so I don't know for sure.

Hope this helps.

-Lobe

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

If my husband was not in bed right now I would have thought he wrote your post!
Southern Indiana here also in the middle of nowhere. There is a pond on the property across from us and tonight it has been silent. I have 3 dogs who are normally in and out all night barking and chasing wild animals. Tonight no sound from any of them. I let them out about 10 minutes ago and they are back. The other dogs in this area have also been silent all night.
We spent some time outside yesterday before the rain and my cat who hates the outdoors was tearing down my living room screen trying to get outside to us. We let her out and she sat on the front step until we came in. I have not sleep well for days but I figure it is the anxiety over everything going on in Japan.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
March 17th Departments of the San Diego areas Central County Shelters reported 90 lost and found dogs which is considered extremely high.

March 18th a spike at the same San Diego County Shelters reported 144 lost and found dogs .
edit on 3/19/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I have a feeling that IF there is to be a quake in your side of the woods, it's not the EQK itself you should be worried about but a highly probable tsunami soon after

Re your "highly probable" tsunami: we've had many 'quakes along the US West Coast, & while it has happened on occasion, an accompanying tsunami would be a rarity for a 'quake whose epicenter was anywhere near here. Such a temblor would need to be large & offshore to send serious waves toward land, & not on land, as most of our 'quakes are.
As you can see from earlier posts, some people in this area are fairly frightened. Please exercise some responsibility while exercising your "expertise".
edit on 3/19/11 by BuzzCory because: added clarity

edit on 3/19/11 by BuzzCory because: same reason

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
www.focus-fen.net...

hi my first ever post... but thought this might be relevant

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by joogle
www.focus-fen.net...

hi my first ever post... but thought this might be relevant

bugger didnt link to right page

heres what it says
21 whales die, 11 saved in Australian beaching
18 March 2011 | 06:35 | FOCUS News Agency
Home / World
Sydney. Twenty-one long-finned pilot whales have died but 11 were saved after beaching themselves at Bruny Island, south of the Tasmanian state capital Hobart, conservation officials said on Friday, AFP reported.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BuckMillion

Just two days ago here in San Diego county, someone struck and killed a mountain lion. That is so rare since they never come to the main roads like that!www.signonsandiego.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Last night when coming home from dinner, saw the light poles in the neighborhood peppered with new MISSING leaflets!!
I stopped to look..3 lost dogs from 3/17-3/18, different households and 3/17 a lost parrot of all things!

Also, my two cats are already awake and both walking around caterwauling..something I have not noticed them do before! My younger cat is trying to get into the fireplace!!

(La Jolla, CA)
edit on 19-3-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Also in San Diego and this morning a neighbor's cat was outside my house, yowling and yowling. But that is not unusual for this time of year, as it is mating season for the kitties.

My dog and cat are behaving normally. The only unusual item I have noticed is that there have been NO bees in my garden for weeks, even though the lavender is blooming. I have been doing hours of gardening every day and have been actively looking for bees, but have seen none. This is very unusual, and sad. I hope they come back.

Originally posted by bastet11

Just two days ago here in San Diego county, someone struck and killed a mountain lion. That is so rare since they never come to the main roads like that!www.signonsandiego.com...

Just read this article and WOW, I have to say, good find! I used to live in Rancho Penasquitos and I am dumbfounded at this story. It is highly unusual, to say the least, for a mountain lion to be in that area. Let alone running out on the road and getting hit by a car. Jeepers!
edit on 19-3-2011 by OuttaHere because: just... because.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so bare with me. I just located this site a few days ago, and I'm really impressed with all the information given. Anyway, I currently live in the Richmond, CA which is known as part of the Bay Area. Last night on Channel 4-KRON News at 9pm-PST, Jim Berkland was on again giving his predictions about the earthquakes. This time he was on for a long time. Also, yesterday in Santa Rosa, CA they had a Tornado, which they say was very unusal. They say the last Tornado in that area was about 40yrs ago. Also, there was a cloud that was located in the San Francisco waters-Ocean Beach, that looked like a small Tornado, but the news called it a water spout. It was also hailing in my area last night. This weather is crazy.... Im not sure what this all means, but I just wanted to share this info.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Cocosmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is a link to an excellent site for monitoring many different kinds of realtime disasters. It covers both natural and manmade. There is a section pertaining to mass deaths of animals. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me in this in relation to California and the West Coast. However, I may have found some California mass deaths of animals in newspaper archives recently but I will have to post those later on today. Here is the worldwide data link (you'll love it if you don't already use it).

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Oh, one other note. I was reading over some of the historical data for supermoons in the past and it kept coming up that major disasters occurred approximately two weeks before the supermoon's perigee. The apogee was repeated again and again in relation to the timing of major disasters. Perhaps there is something more to the timing of the apogee of a supermoon than the perigee? Just a thought.

Addition: Just as I was leaving I noticed a mass death of animals reported in California - 09.03.2011 Biological Hazard USA State of California, Redondo Beach [King Harbor Marina]

Maybe someone mentioned this already but I just wanted to add it to be sure.
edit on 19-3-2011 by silversight because: additonal information

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Quick question: Do the clouds have any effect whatsoever of lessening the moon's power on tide, or does it make no difference? If there were to be earthquake lights an hour or two before an earthquake struck, these clouds might block their view.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

Really? Have you been to San Diego county?

Have you seen the building going on - - - destroying natural habitats?

This is not an unusual occurrence.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join