It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
My absolute favorite prediction, posted elsewhere: "I believe California will be hit within a year with a earthquake".
Gosh, you think? Anyway, if there will be one within Mr Berkland's predicted window & location, I'll hope for a 3.5 magnitude 'quake. Hell, I've been here in San Francisco, CA so long, I hardly notice a 3.5 anymore (just as long as the shaking stops soon enough).

For the record, I've had a little bit of light vertigo on/off for the past 3 days, nothing serious, just that feeling that when I turn my head, it takes a fraction of a second for my consciousness to catch up with the directional change, if you know what I mean. That's unusual for me.
I live with 2 cats, one of whom seems to want to stay glued to my side, but he goes thru moods like that sometimes anyway. In 1989, at the time of the Loma Prieta 'quake, we had 4 cats, none of whom exhibited any unusual behavior until the moment the 'quake hit. I looked out in the backyard, & the 4 of them were running all over the place looking for a safe spot. But no tip-off from them til that moment.

I'm far from convinced that this particular model of 'quake prediction is valid, but I did make sure all my water containers are filled with fresh water, & stocked up on food for myself & the aforementioned cats. It's been a good reminder of the need to stay prepared in any case.

I sincerely hope we can all soon breathe a sigh of relief.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The latest in earthquakes on the Pacific NorthWest from 7:25pm PST to 7:26pm PST
Don't be confused by the UTC vs. the PDT, it's still all Friday's data PST

USA TOTAL

Washington and Oregon

California

Top of Mexico Rim

edit on 3/18/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jalosangeles

I'm going by the criteria that Berkland set out... a 3.5-7.0 magnitude earthquake within 140 miles of Los Angeles. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? That's what I'm saying, they're not all that rare. A significant amount of those were in and around the greater Los Angeles area as well.

Also:

33.78 -118.15 = Long Beach
34.51 -118.68 = Castaic
33.96 -120.58 = Channel Islands
edit on 3/18/11 by swordprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I was off too. Some friends of mine who are very in touch with God were warning me to stock up for Fri!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I'm really not squabbling on semantics, I'm merely stating that the prediction of a 3.5-7.0 magnitude quake around San Francisco and Los Angeles really isn't that impressive. They happen on a monthly basis it would seem. I'm not saying that he's wrong here, merely that the prediction range is very generous.

SMR

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think what Jim Berkland is predicting, is an earthquake on a massive scale rather than the little shakers that we see daily.
To think he is just saying any earthquake would be silly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The super moon is almost directly above where I live looks awesome when no clouds blocking it but as it starting getting closer my headache has gone from bad to massive migraine and extremely dizzy now more the normal the past weeks and my ears are hurting worse.

No extreme amounts of lost pets here either maybe just a few more but I lack proper data all I can find is in the papers here and no lost animals section just lost and found.

And No reported earthquakes from usgs in over 2 hours so either they slow on reporting them or pressure is building with no quakes going off.
edit on 19-3-2011 by mosheh24 because: add on

SMR

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I noticed more than usual amount of seagulls far inland today.
I have lived in the same area my entire life and have never seen as many as I have this far inland. Another thing is that they seemed a little confused. Flying in circles and not really having a destination.
Could be nothing but thought it was odd that so many were this far in and seemingly confused like they weren't used to the area they were in.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I have noticed hawks acting the same way here past 2 days but I thought that was normal or they were playing with each other but wandering around in the sky not knowing what to do as but I don't exactly know the norm for birds but they did seemed to fly a bit indescrete I guess without any sense of direction even diving up and down repeatedly....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

That section near San Diego is looks like just one 8.5 to 9 EQK will break that section off and become a long island

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I myself live in the SF Bay Area with my family. I've lived here for the last 16 years. Frankly this whole thing scares the crap out of me deep inside. Mostly for the welfare of my family and, what might happen to them if I'm not there. And MOST of all that we live very close to sea level on a flat partly man made island. I've read several articles concerning the effect of the San Fransisco Bay's entrance amplifying the effects of any post quake tsunamis. I'm very curious to hear what people here think the chances of an offshore quake happening are? And if so would it be able to produce waves like those seen in Japan given the underwater topography off the coast of CA?

I would also like to add that I have personally seen several strange animal activities over the last week. First and foremost are turkeys from the Oakland hills wandering all the way down into Alameda where I live. I've twice spotted them once in my backyard and once on the way to work wandering in the middle of a busy intersection. Not a common sight I can tell you.

I'm going to be watching local news stories very closely now though and will post back with anything strange I find.

PS: I have pictures to prove the turkeys in my backyard too in case anyone wants to see

edit on 19-3-2011 by atomicfishstick because: Photo proof available!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've had the exact same feelings.

these last couple of months ive just felt very unsettled...and i've been telling myself i feel something big coming on.. the way i saw things is.. we're another species just like animals..and they have these senses when sometihng is gonna happen...and i feel like what if we do too? because i sure as hell have been feeling unsettled... especially when i saw the entire japan disaster happening live on tv.. i happen to wanna watch the news that night only to turn to the channel as soon as "breaking news" for japan came on. my eyes have been glued to it. not only that...

I came across a video of a girl predicting the 3/11/11 earthquake.. and i went through other videos of her..and she says on a video logged on Feb 19, 2011 that massive earthquakes would hit Japan... she's been mentioning that the west coast is next.

scared the hell out of me.. all the information she had and it was just TRUE. so i packed my safety bags that same night.

Guys, I live in Sun Valley,California. 10 Minutes away from Hollywood. 30-45 minutes away from the Harbor area. about an 1hr away from Redondo Beach.

I am so terrified. I keep trying to warn my family that I just feel it in my guts that something is seriously gonna go down here..and SOON. I was only 5 years old when the Northridge earthquake hit here...and let me tell you I'll never forget that day. I remember it like it was yesterday..and I'm just terrified I'm going to have to live through it again. only worse. I have a 4 month old son...and I truly feel as a new mother, i'm getting this overwhelming
feeling in me that says I have to be extra precautious for the sake of my baby.

But this is my two cents. I FEEL IT. I feel it in me that My life as well as my baby's and my family's is in great danger.

Please pray for California. Please.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by atomicfishstick

I have a feeling that IF there is to be a quake in your side of the woods, it's not the EQK itself you should be worried about but a highly probable tsunami soon after and the affects of a quake on your nuclear power stations along that western coast line.

Learn from the Japanese because what concerns me also is how the Govt did stuff all immediately after Hurricane Katrina and there's still people homeless after that event.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deezy

If I was in your shoes I would follow my gut instinct and go where you need to go and do it as soon as you can even if it's until towards the end of April.

Remember, these dates predicted are only probabilities and I'm not sure if the Americans should be more worried about April than March.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Deezy

If I was in your shoes I would follow my gut instinct and go where you need to go and do it as soon as you can even if it's until towards the end of April.

Remember, these dates predicted are only probabilities and I'm not sure if the Americans should be more worried about April than March.

what's up with April? some other member said it too, but he didn't post why.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My heart goes out to you in CA that are very anxious right now. Berkland's prediction is for a 3.5 somewhere around CA and a 7 somewhere around the ring of fire. Try not to allow all the hype to get under your skin.

I live on the east coast of FL and am glued to the weather forums when a hurricane looms.

Preparation helps me keep my anxiety level down. I have gallons of water, food for me and the dog, a little solar power, a generator, fuel, radio, candles and the like around. It's help me keep my anxiety level down about the calamaties that might befall. Now, if a tornado hits me in the midst of a hurricane there is nothing I can do about it.

Moral of the story...make some preparations and then let the outcome go or the anxiety WILL make you sick.

Pray and trust your gut.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics