It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hi...not sure if there is any bearing to this but there an 3.3 EQ took place off the coast of Hawaii on Mar 18 in a similar area just prior to the Japan Mar 11 EQ. Both EQ were registered by USGS. Also odd is that the region of the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, which is usually highly active, has remained quiet for more than a week without any EQ registered by USGS.

With the Super Moon approaching and higher tides...could it be that another big one is just around the bend as suggested by Jim Berkland? Hope not as..the West coast of US seems to have been sparred a big hit although long overdue.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

IMPENDING EQ San Francisco and Monterey Bay regions! Get out while you still can!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Introduction

On October 17, 1989, at 5:04:15 p.m. (P.d.t.), a magnitude 6.9 (moment magnitude; surface-wave magnitude, 7.1) earthquake severely shook the San Francisco and Monterey Bay regions. The epicenter was located at 37.04° N. latitude, 121.88° W. longitude near Loma Prieta peak in the Santa Cruz Mountains, approximately 14 km (9 mi) northeast of Santa Cruz and 96 km (60 mi) south-southeast of San Francisco. The earthquake occurred when the crustal rocks comprising the Pacific and North American Plates abruptly slipped as much as 2 meters (7 ft) along their common boundary-the San Andreas fault system. The rupture initiated at a depth of 18 km (11 mi) and extended 35 km (22 mi) along the fault, but it did not break the surface of the Earth .

The Link

On October 17th, 1989, there was also a Moon perigee.

Just a day ago Youtube user traynickel upped a video with a very interesting news bulletin.

Can the Moon Cause Earthquakes?

James O. Berkland is a Glen Ellen, California-based geologist and editor of Syzygy—An Earthquake Newsletter. He believes the gravitational tugs of the moon, sun, and other planets can influence earthquake activity. Berkland said he has accurately predicted tremors based on factors such as syzygy. "Syzygy" refers to the alignment of three celestial objects. Syzygy of the sun, Earth, and moon occur twice a month, at the full and new moons. At such times, gravitational forces are at a maximum, especially when the bodies are close together, Berkland said.

Using syzygy and other factors—such as the number of cats and dogs listed in the lost and found in newspaper classified advertisements—Berkland said he accurately predicted several earthquakes, including the October 17, 1989 earthquake in San Francisco, California. Berkland said the number of cats and dogs reported missing goes up prior to an earthquake. The numbers went up significantly prior to the 1989 San Francisco quake, he said.

When your cats and dogs go missing, you'll get the point!

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

edit on 18-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Hi..I know I m not into fear mongering posts on ATS but with your's should be an eye opener for those in the region to pay close attention and be prepared. If nothing happens...well and good but its better being safe than sorry ya.
edit on MaramFri, 18 Mar 2011 11:50:40 -05002011-03-18T11:50:40-05:0011 18 2 by Surya68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

I'm sorry, I have to correct you. She didn't say 1989, she said 1998.
And erosion seems likely, because California had lots of rain recently.
Before the 1906 Earthquake, it had been raining lots as well.

Don't be offended, I mix up my numbers and letters, that's why I am always double-checking and triple-checking. I guess that's why I can be obsessive. Yellowstone swarms corresponded to lunar events. I've written about it at great length on the Yellowstone thread. Both recent major swarms were during dramatic lunar cycles.

'cept one problem, the swarms didn't start on the full moon. The water change did. The swarms came on the new moon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
All the Ice has melted on the harbor here in Lake Tahoe on South Shore.. Earlier then usual. No biggy.
As of 2 days ago, filled with ducks and birds..and one Eagle who has been flying by,twice a day for 2 weeks....Picks a victom..swoops down ...has fish or fowl for lunch or dinner....Pretty cool as they fly away..feel sorry for the critter but..oh well.

There's NOTHING out there. No nothing. Not even an engat! COULD be because of the storms coming...(there's 2 ..not one... back to back)
.but they usually just hunker down and ride it out... Never NO birds.

Nothing out there... Kinda strange... It IS unusual.

Oh...AND I saw a racoon the day before yesterday, walking across a meadow during daytime.(About 11:00am) I went WTF? BIG guy too.Thought it was a coyote at first.
You see smaller ones on Fridays(trash day) all the time. Only right a dawn though.

I'll update if they come back.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

You are right indeed! I mixed them up...

Thanks for that one m8.

SMR

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I really wish people here would stop posting that Big Sur info as a precursor to a future earthquake. It had and has nothing to do with earthquakes, past, present, or future.
It was due to massive rain amounts in that area and has had the same issue many times before. It has been closed several times because of the rain eroding the dirt underneath.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Any significant updates from anybody?!

Reading through this thread I noticed a lot of people focusing inward on almost "innate" feelings as well as physical sicknesses, strange pet/wild animal behaviours etc. But nobody is looking up! I personally don't know how much truth this holds, but in times of crisis or impending crisis it has often been noted a spike in wierd objects in the sky?

idk, I guess this is just a friendly reminder to remember to look up from time to time instead of inward or to your pal next to you. Also, does anyone have any ACTUAL records from 1989 that confirm the spike in lost animals leading up the quake?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The other day I did post a reply about my 4 year old talking about having a dream about the Golden Gate Bridge breaking up and falling into the bay. I know maybe that's a little weird but I have seen 2 other people on ATS talking about the same dream they had!
Yesterday my 16 year old daughter came and told me that my son had been drawing on his Magna-Doodle..a bridge that was "cracking apart" and breaking into the water. These are really unusual dreams and inspirations for art for a 4 year old in my opinion and it is giving me chills. Can a 4 year old pick up on something of this magnitude? I cannot think of a single thing he would watch in his movies with anything that would have given him the idea and I don't allow him to watch TV programming in general..

Anyway..I know it's a stretch but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case anyone else had something similar.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
The other day I did post a reply about my 4 year old talking about having a dream about the Golden Gate Bridge breaking up and falling into the bay. I know maybe that's a little weird but I have seen 2 other people on ATS talking about the same dream they had!
Yesterday my 16 year old daughter came and told me that my son had been drawing on his Magna-Doodle..a bridge that was "cracking apart" and breaking into the water. These are really unusual dreams and inspirations for art for a 4 year old in my opinion and it is giving me chills. Can a 4 year old pick up on something of this magnitude? I cannot think of a single thing he would watch in his movies with anything that would have given him the idea and I don't allow him to watch TV programming in general..

Anyway..I know it's a stretch but I thought I'd throw that out there just in case anyone else had something similar.

My personal opinion is that children and animals are WAY more in tune with the earth than regular adults.

FYI, over this week I've noticed a lot more stories of ear issues - a friend's dog, my nephew, another friend, etc. Noticed this before I read the thread about all the ATS ear stuff.

4 year old drawing a cracked bridge? Yup, I'm listening.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

The only problem I have, is that they are using Sorcha Faal as the source. Well known Hoaxer and misinformationist (yeah, i created that word just now hah)

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

My dog was acting really scarred and weird this morning before I left for work 03/18 Claremont, CA. She never really does that, she's a very calm and lazy beagle that likes to sleep a lot, probably nothing though. The fish in my aquarium were normal though just to add. I pray no more disaters happen anywhere and for those that are suffering where disasters have happened lately, God Bless.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Look at Nostradamus prophecy Century V Quatrain 31. He predicts the destruction of a great bridge.

Through the Attic land
fountain of wisdom,
At present the rose of the world:
The bridge ruined, and its great pre-eminence
Will be subjected, a wreck amidst the waves.

could be the earthquake destroying the bridge and the bridge breaks apart into the ocean. My book says "made a wreck by the waves" so I thought that meant the bridge would be destroyed by tsunami. I'm not sure a tsunami is strong enough to do that, earthquake makes more sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Ahhhhhhhh Katie...why is it you think it's your responsibility to spew your nonsense? Did God appoint you the one to do this? That would put you in the same category as all the others you claim to be influenced by demons. If God is giving you personal permission to be telling all of this, then he must be talking to you and then one would question whether you are being influenced by demons.

This thread is about Jim Berkland's prediction and also an experiment about what people are feeling at the present moment. Please take your judgement somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OK, seriously, I am in L.A. and there is nothing out of the ordinary that I can report. I'm taking a little vaca this weekend cause it would be fun anyway. But my dogs are acting normal, the birds and squirrels are acting normally. There is an eery light sometimes in my neighborhood but this happens every spring with the hugs amounts of pollen floating through the air from the abundant ponderosa pines everywhere.

The bees are in the rosemary and lavender as usual and there are no earthquake lights or anything like that.

By the way, I just read that earthquake prophecy dream that's floating around... the 17yo kid in the 30's... and he mentions he sees Hollywood Blvd at the time of the mega quake and he's surprised because he can't hear any birds. I was walking down Sunset last night and noticed that you can NEVER hear any birds... the cars and traffic noises are too loud. You can see then flying and in the trees, but you can't ever hear them.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A co-worker forwarded me that clip from Berkland, whose comments are telling. I used to live in Northern Virginia. Months before 9-11, I had the most troubling dreams. I kept dreaming about clothes falling from the sky. And, I had a dream of a mass exodus of people for Reagan National airport. After 9-11, the dreams ceased. I now live in Northern California. And, within the past 10 days, I have been awakening every night at about 1AM. Sometimes 12:57PM. Sometimes 1AM. And, another night I awakened at 1 AM and 3AM. It was troubling because I generally sleep through the night. And, now I am thinking that my rhythms are being jarred. And, yesterday, the strangest thing happened at work. The geese that are normally by the pond at work seemed a little more "talkative" than usual. I think there is something to us watching our own body clocks and the animals. Just to be safe. I am putting together a bag of clothes and supplies. Getting extra cash and filling my tank.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There is definately a very large swarm around the Greece/Turkey area so the next couple of days is an area to watch closely.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join