It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Anywhere else experiencing odd pollution or weather since recent events?

page: 1
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here in SW UK, since yesterday there is a lot of smoke in the air, thick, foggy smoke, it looks like fog though there is a smoky smell and it stings the eyes, as well as making breathing less easy. It isn't smog per se and here is in the sticks and doesn't normally get smoggy.

It was also unusually warm here yesterday though today cold and mizzly with the same smoky fog, it certainly isn't usual and wondered if this was happening elsewhere.

On the possible conspiracy side of things there are a few possiblities though prefer not to jump to conclusions, it could just be something local though nothing to suggest this from MSM or other local sources, however it really does look like smoke mixed with fog and is adding opacity to the lower atmosphere, even obscuring as near as the roofs of buildings within 500 yards.

Before any trolls or nasties start this isn't a doom thread, or a detraction from the major events recently, it could be nothing, but it certainly doesn't seem like it.
edit on 16-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Good thread. I was wondering the impact the Tsunami wave and subsequent energy release through the Pacific basin would have on Oceanic currents and La Nina. That water displacement passing through as ripples, rebounding off continents and so on must have had an effect on this 'warm pool' which was sitting there already.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
SE England - foggy and wet with no blue sky any were. Been like this for a few days. Yet it was oddly warm yesterday even with the thick fog.

edit on 16/3/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The Midlands UK is also in the smog since yesterday and i dont think its normal at this time of year, allthough the weathermen are saying we are in for a nice weekend, it seems awfully still outside with very little or no breeze at all, which for this time of year is unusual???



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Very gloomy, almost no sun in the sky for the last week. Almost no wind at all and mild precipitation. It has also been somewhat warm, not unusual for march though.

It does seem sort of odd, it's usually not dark for this many days in a row. The weather radar doesn't and hasn't shown anything major for my area. Probably just a coincidence, but odd none the less.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
SE UK here and I've noticed the same, smoggy, weirdly warm yesterday and eerily calm.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Gray and murky in NW England so pretty much normal.

I wouldn't say there's anything unusual about the weather in the UK at the moment.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Weird smell!


Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Here in SW UK, since yesterday there is a lot of smoke in the air, thick, foggy smoke, it looks like fog though there is a smoky smell and it stings the eyes, as well as making breathing less easy. It isn't smog per se and here is in the sticks and doesn't normally get smoggy.

It was also unusually warm here yesterday though today cold and mizzly with the same smoky fog, it certainly isn't usual and wondered if this was happening elsewhere.

On the possible conspiracy side of things there are a few possiblities though prefer not to jump to conclusions, it could just be something local though nothing to suggest this from MSM or other local sources, however it really does look like smoke mixed with fog and is adding opacity to the lower atmosphere, even obscuring as near as the roofs of buildings within 500 yards.

Before any trolls or nasties start this isn't a doom thread, or a detraction from the major events recently, it could be nothing, but it certainly doesn't seem like it.
edit on 16-3-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)


I posted on another thread last night that both myself and a friend who lives 112 miles away (I am in the NW UK and she's in N Wales experienced a very weird smell. 3 other people from the North UK then responded that they too had experienced a weird smell. One likened it to a stink bomb! Today in Cheshire it is still murkily overcast and ominously quiet....like the quiet you get before a storm but not quite the same.


Rainbows
Jane



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth
 


I was thinking of doing this type of post myself. Im in Scotland.

On the 10th & 11th our weather was INSANE. Within 10 minutes it was sunny, as in not a cloud in the sky, to major rain, to snow, to hail, back to sunny, then to sleet, to snow, back to hail. It was just completely erratic all day.

Yesterday we had (and I KNEW I should have taken some pictures!!!) what I can only describe as "Cartoon snow", snow flakes about 2-4 inchs big for about an hour. (place is still covered with grit from a few months ago so didnt land) And this morning there was very, VERY thick fog, so thick that when I first looked out of the window I thought it was steamed up, visibility was easly 1-2 feet at most and right now it looks like a summers day outside.

It has definitely been pretty weird.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i also live in the sw (newquay) and i only said this morning just how the weather has changed with a mist (but not fog)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
sunny blue skies here in the south wales valleys , does look foggy looking down the valleys towards cardiff though.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Manchester here.
Last night was very warm and misty. Today overcast and cool .



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel
 


A lot of times before an earthquake you will get a bad smell, I'm not exactly sure what the reason is, but I know the two are related. With all the seismic activity lately I'm surprised there isn't more reports of "the smell".



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
NE England, densely foggy, overcast and windless for a few days now.



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   


yesterday me and my colleague were discussing where all this fog like something in the air came from..

no blue sky, sun barely visible...sort of thick gray air..

MALTA here



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

BGS-UK seismographs


Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity
reply to post by angelchemuel
 


A lot of times before an earthquake you will get a bad smell, I'm not exactly sure what the reason is, but I know the two are related. With all the seismic activity lately I'm surprised there isn't more reports of "the smell".


Here is a link to the British Geological Survey site's seismic reports.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

I have been keeping an eye on Swindon, Stoke and Market Ressen in particular. At time of posting Stoke and Swindon are showing 'peculiar' activity.

I am heading out shortly.....I shall do some more sniffing!


Rainbows
Jane



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
NE England
grey and gloomy, very calm.
I did smell the stink bomb but that was on saturday driving through darlo.

one thing I wonder is, the jet stream ends over us right? that is what causes thye typicaly british weather, its that what kept the rain over us all summer a few years back, so can any of that radiation from japan make it this far?



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RexTheNavigator
NE England
grey and gloomy, very calm.
I did smell the stink bomb but that was on saturday driving through darlo.

one thing I wonder is, the jet stream ends over us right? that is what causes thye typicaly british weather, its that what kept the rain over us all summer a few years back, so can any of that radiation from japan make it this far?


forgot to add Misty in my weather report there



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken


yesterday me and my colleague were discussing where all this fog like something in the air came from..

no blue sky, sun barely visible...sort of thick gray air..

MALTA here


Yeah i just took some pics of my balcony. W8 try to post my link


Link of today's sky pictures
edit on 16-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Im in Milton Keynes and the place just smells like cat urine. Very over cast and foggy in places still




top topics



 
7
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join