It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Wikileaks duped us all ,me included?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I wrote this a about 5 weeks ago and sent it to many editors of major English newspapers to no surprise none ran it

Are the Wikileaks cable releases a huge ploy and is the world being played by the USA?
Has the USA Government gotten tired of watching the corrupt regimes and governments around the world, and decided to release their selected diplomat view points, in the hope that real democratic change takes place?
Could they themselves have leaked the cables to Wikileaks in a bid to hasten change?
It is very suspicious that once the current Middle East unrest situation started to unravel, first with Tunisia, the majority of cable releases thereafter concentrated mainly on the very countries, which are in regime change mode today. Think about it - Egypt, Yemen, Iran, Jordan, Libya and others have had prominent mentions on these cables over the last few weeks. Is this really random, as claimed, or a highly organised plot with the invisible hand of the US Administration behind it?
Perhaps the better questions are ‘Are these cables 100% accurate or have they been selected and doctored?’, ‘Why has the world’s reaction to these leaked diplomatic cables been so minimal in foreign countries, and its impact a non event with almost no adverse fallout to the US Diplomatic Corp by foreign governments?’, and ‘Was the Wikileaks Apache helicopter tape the linchpin to convince the world that this website was credible?’.
Apart from Secretary of State Cables only about 40 odd embassies are targeted in these cables from a pool of 180 odd worldwide embassies.
Surely the US Administration would not sacrifice a handful of its own soldiers to bona fide this website.
But looking back, one has to admit that using US Military Forces as the hammering point has had very limited effect to regime change, as proven in the past in countries such as Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq. However, massive revolts by peaceful citizens in Arab countries have up to date proven to be a far more effective and less bloody solution, with an almost instant change, that is broadcasted on every major network in real time for the world to see.
Is Wikileaks really what it seems, or are there far more sinister reasons behind it?
The official version of events is suspect at best, to say the least. The world leading superpower has 250,000 plus diplomatic cables stolen from them, and even knowing who has them, does nothing covert to retrieve them from a team of known hackers led by Julian Assange.
They then openly threaten Assange in public, yet their covert arm attempts nothing to retrieve their stolen data.
So, before the world hails Assange as the new revolutionary hero, take heed that we may all have been played here by a very calculating US Administration. Can an oversexed megalomaniac really be able to take on a superpower and win, is the question many must ponder.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You should also send the email to

Wikileaks itself,
Assange independantly,

and Openleaks.org (the splitters)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't know but it definitely feels like theres something behind all these revolutions in the middle east. That it isn't as just as it looks on face value.

Find your theory very interesting. The U.S. might be behind it. Not sure what their agenda is though.

I have to admit I was a big supporter of Wikileaks but recently I have grow a little suspicious of the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Duped us?
hang on all he did was release shedloads of cables and documents. he didnt write them or fabricate them.
they are real.

you know what isnt real? these duped up charges!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I guess it depends on whether you understand how Wikileaks works or not.

Firstly, Wikileaks exists because real investigative journalism which questions the status quo and government, an essential part to any democracy, has almost ceased to exist.

Wikileaks does not produce material, it accepts it from sources and makes it available on servers. Journalists are encouraged to investigate them, and news outlets decide whether or not they will publish them. If the documents contain untruths, deliberate or not, it is not Wikileaks' responsibility.

I have said it before, if I was the head of an intelligence agency, I would have a team dedicated to using Wikileaks to my advantage.

The documents stored on Wikileaks' servers should be viewed with as much doubt as any other source of information of which we are not a first hand eye witnesses of.

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
not me.

ive been screaming this since day 1.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wikileaks is a load of rubbish. It's what I like to call smoke and mirrors. There's no doubt in my mind that Assange is working with the US Govt and others.
The motive is to steer the public's opinion. So how do we do that, create a false enemy. A trojan horse into the minds of people (like myself) who really like a good underground news source. Now that wikileaks is gaining so much notoriety, doesn't it seem plausible those trumped up charges are part of this same ploy. Make him a victim who gets his freedom. I'm sure he loved it, it's great press for him.

Gain the support of those who it would be hardest to gain, and then turn it on them.
Not that the leaks aren't real, but it only showed information which has previously been postulated or understood.

And did anyone see his holding palace where he was let out of jail but under house arrest?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think WIkileaks is legit, and I am not sure I get the OP's logic.

Is it;

Many of the cables leaked by Wikileaks related to nations in which there were "revolutionary action,"

Therefore, Wikileaks supported the action by publishing the cables leaked by an anonymous source thought to be Manning?

Because I dont see that as a valid argument. Did our knowing about those cables further the cause of fake revolution in the Mid East? If so, I certainly dont see how, the public has not used those leaks as the basis for any increased support for the revolutionaries that I know of. The media has not trumpeted those leaks as being reason to support the "revolutionaries." I just dont follow how you (the OP) are saying Wikileaks actions have helped the US?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
Not that the leaks aren't real, but it only showed information which has previously been postulated or understood.

Have you even read the cables??? Seriously this statement is just utter crap. Like how we just found out that 2 years ago japanese were warned about their nuclear plants not being able to handle quakes well enough? Like the tons of corruption and crimes that they've unveiled?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah that's really helpful for us to get right now, after the fact. What does the Japan cable tell us exactly? Link
Either way, I've always liked the idea of wikileaks, but I just don't get a vibe that I can really trust Assange. Something is very fishy.

And no, I haven't read all of the cables, there's quite a few too many for me to spend my time doing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Japan link. I actually haven't read them all myself. I follow as much as I can but even at this rate it's difficult to keep up. There is tons and tons of revalations of all kinds. We might have had some ideas about some topics before hand but now we have evidence. Too bad that this seems to be mostly ignored.

top topics

join