It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some facts about radiation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I am at work and too busy to pick the bones out of all your statements but I will say this....

Bremsstrahlung is a process which creates X-Rays NOT Gamma

PEACE
RK

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The only reason I'm responding is because of Toffeeapple's excellent post which is by far the most useful information in this thread.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
reply to post by buddhasystem

I am at work and too busy to pick the bones out of all your statements but I will say this....

Bremsstrahlung is a process which creates X-Rays NOT Gamma

Wrong again! Even solar flares can produce brems in gamma range:
hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The bremsstrahlung spectrum can extend up into the gamma-ray range. Indeed, in some of the biggest flares, the spectrum is seen to extend to energies in excess of 100 MeV.

Specifically,

www.fas.harvard.edu...

The fraction of the electron energy converted into bremsstrahlung increases with increasing electron energy and is largest for absorbing materials of high atomic number. The bremsstrahlung energy spectrum is a continuum with photon energies extending as high as the initial electron energy

So for high energy electrons almost all of their energy can convert into brems. This can easily be in GeV range. I've seen it in experiment many times.

Please take care when posting, you are doing a disservice to public when you place incorrect info.

<< 1   >>

join