It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Rescue Team sent packing (By the British)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I have just heard on the radio that it was due to the high radiation levels in the disaster area. They also interviewed someone in Japan who said that there are no International search and rescue teams operating in that area. Again due to the high radiation levels.

Yet, the BBC are still saying low radiation levels and the team are being sent home due to red tape. Reports are very confused.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I sincerely hope that you are correct in your statement, I really do. However, my gut feeling is that you are not.

BTW. Magrethia is a myth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
It seems shocking but I wonder if the logistics of a possible evacuation is what has actually put a stop to this team?

If there is an evacuation needed soon the British government will want as few people in the country that they are responsible for as possible.

If this isn't the real reason then I'm stunned

That cannot be the reason.

If an evacuation is even possible, let alone attempted, they will need as many people trained in managing those procedures as they can get their hands on. People like those sent back to the UK.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Same with the Russians and i'd imagine (behind the scenes) the US offering help. The Japanese made a Russian Nuclear scientist wait 10 HOURS at a airport before he was given clearance to enter & arrive into the country. By which time another reactor had already blown, I'm guessing going by that it was during the timespan when when #2 went.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A British DVI team will be deploying to Japan on Friday too assist in the identification of bodies. Other rescue and recovery efforts are being coordinated by the FCO and the DFID.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

David Cameron could not give a r*ts ass about the british people (well the "poor" ones), I can gatanteee you he cares even less about the Japanese people!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadPenny
That cannot be the reason.

If an evacuation is even possible, let alone attempted, they will need as many people trained in managing those procedures as they can get their hands on. People like those sent back to the UK.

Hi,

I was referring to an evacuation of British citizens not the whole of Japan.

If its deemed necessary I would think that the British embassy would be coordinating the evacuation of its citizens and would want as few British citizens in the area to evacuate as possible not more....

Of course its just as likely its bureaucratic red tape and a 'jobs worth'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join