It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan was warned over n-plants and cause a strong earthquake, reveal WikiLeaks cables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
London: Japan was warned two years ago that its safety rules were not up to date and a strong earthquake would pose a serious problem to its nuclear power stations, reveals a cable leaked by WikiLeaks.

hot-discovery.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Incredible, I can't believe nothing was done about this. Especially as yesterday I read that they have been expecting a huge quake for a while now.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Wow. First, their government lies about the radiation levels, now new information arises about their government rejecting any further security enhancements to the reactors. The Japanese government is now solely responsible for the radiation leakage and they're not willing to admit it to their people. Are there any honest governments on this planet?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Uh oh.
Sounds like a new witch hunt.
Get the chains and gallows out of storage.
See if they've got some left over hysteria in Salem. We might need it to make this work.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before the HAARP-heads will be using this to claim that the earthquake was man made by 'the powers that be'

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
warned and did nothing?

they're STILL not doing anything!

with all the military ships nearby, WHY HAVEN'T those reactors been watered down ?????

all we see are a few helicopters not doing much!

where's the big transport planes dropping supplies ??? Hmmmmmm....

the msm keeps talking about some brilliant ideas some "experts" are having .....

all while the meltdown continues and the radiation keeps spreading !!!!

what about all the US military bases nearby ????

IS this all for show, or is it PLANNED ??????

and WHY all of a sudden are other countries SOOOO concerned about THEIR nuclear reactors ???

edit on 16-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
come on people
don't drink the cool-aid.
this is from a blog
and it has plenty of spin
and thusly wikileaks only
publishes this AFTER the
event.

come on .... open your eyes.
it's propaganda !!!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

True and they all come out of the wood work to condem this now.

Oh ya well if your so quick to be judgemental. Think about all the reactors around the world that are still operating all full capacity.

At any given moment one could fail for any number of reasons. Lets not start blaming people .Get off your high horses.

I don't get it Boone. people just don't understand the potential dangers associasted with nuke plant operations.

Now lets start talking about Level 3 and lever 4 biohazard storeage and containment.

If people only knew at how this stuff and some of the controls are in place to pretect them against accidental release of an agent which could kill every american standing on us soil there would be mass panic.

People are so stuck on who is the next idle and Cristina Agularia getting arrested for drinking to much.

People this is the real world and bad things happen .You can only plan so much .

If you build a plant to take a 5 then their could be a 6 if you build one which could withstand a 10 then you may have a 10.5. I mean come on people get a grip.

You could look at any job and find the potential for weekness in the construction. What if the guy who supplied the mix for the core used old mix or used a filler in whith the mix. Of the control vavles which are used. Say the get them from one certified supplier. Well that supplier may be buying and equivalent valve that looks and functions the same but may not have the relaibility of the true tested one. It happens everyday..

you ever try to order a part and you cannot get it but there is a substituion for it. You by the sub.

That is why they call it an accident. Could this have been avoided. No. With the wave that washed over the faciliy ya maybe it they moved everything 25 feet off the ground and had huge metal rods pounded in the earth to keep it from getting wet. But who is to say that when the SHTF they didn't come crashing to the ground.

I guess that is why it is called a natual diasaster.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Lets worry about the meltdown situation and make sure everyone is safe before we start the witch hunt? Don't you think? You think japan is the only country to cut corner in favor of profit?

Every country does. And you know.. disasters happen. The blaming is sickening when you consider what's going on right now. I understand the blaming will happen, but I wish it were fairer.

Everyone cheats. So everyone should be accountable. And don't blame now. It's a worsening situation over there and the last thing needed at this time is this whining. That's how I see it.
edit on 16-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join