It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide Available at Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I will not get into the safety or effectiveness of taking Potassium Iodide, or whether or not it will be worthwhile due to the other possible contaminants, or whether or not it will even be needed based on how far the radiation will travel. These topics are already being discussed at length.

This post is only to let you know how you might still be able to get your hands on Potassium Iodide if you are wanting some. As most of you have already read, or experienced firsthand, Potassium Iodide by itself is hard to come by, kelp tablets probably won't do the job, & trying to consume enough Iodized salt to be effective would kill you.

Luckily, it is an ingredient in many multivitamins. I had read somewhere that it might be in men's vitamins & prenatal vitamins, but when I went to a local Walgreen's, I couldn't find it listed on any of the bottles I looked at, so I didn't want to buy them. Then I read somewhere else that it was in the Equate brand of multivitamins at Walmart. I stopped there on my way home from work & it was true. If you read the list of vitamins & ingredients you will either see it say Potassium Iodide directly in the list of vitamins, or if it only says Iodine, it will say Potassium Iodide in the list of ingredients below.

They have several variations of the Equate multivitamins, including children's chewable ,which had the same amount of Potassium Iodide as the adult vitamins. The children's gummie version had less though, so maybe you would not want to go that route if you have the choice.

Thanks to whoever did the research & found this out originally. I saw the post, & then it was gone. So, after verifying it for myself, I decided to post the info here in case it helps anyone else.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yea, I went to CVS, Walmart and GNC today and everybody is out of Potassium Iodide/Kelp Supplements. But I did notice that Centruim All in One, One-A-Day, and even the childrens multivitamins had 130micro grams of Potassium Iodide.

From what I understand, that's such a minimal dose that it wouldn't have much of an effect on radiation. Besides, it only helps to fight radioactive iodine.

The cessium, strontium, uranium, and plutonium all pose a greater threat to us, especially plutonium.
edit on 16-3-2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
so all and all it's something to have in your safety pack and never really give two #s about otherwise

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't buy them from walmart, chances are they won't even work. Walmart just wants to make money with all the panic and fear happening right now.

new topics

top topics

join