It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maynard James Keenan - A dedication

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
S & F for you...

Here's my Favorite one..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Don't think anyone posted this yet. Great lyrics by Maynard, great video/music all around.

Vicarious - Tool

A great interview with Mr Keenan

...and Maynard as Satan w/Bikini Bandits

edit on 25-3-2011 by OrganicAnagram33 because: Video wasn't functional

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hahaha, and I forgot about this one... priceless.

Alive when you're touching me, alive when you're shoving me down...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ooops, my bad. Been a while since I looked at the first page. I see you posted Vicarious at the start!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage
I have never actually tried any of the wine. However, I did find that documentary to be much more interesting that I had expected.

reply to post by saabster5
Personally, I look at all 3 as each being in an entirely different light, and do not even attempt to compare 1 to another. I can't skip any APC song, but APC songs for the most part, do seem to be more as individual songs that do not rely on other songs.

APC -'Judith' (official video)

reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53c5d7dc580a.jpg[/atsimg]
Page 1 list
& explanation for my whacky abbreviations.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I watched several recordings of this song, and was having trouble finding an all around good quality recording. (Audio, Video, and Complete song)

Anyways......
January, 2011. Honolulu Hawaii
'Lateralus/Orion' featuring Kirk Hammett
Part1

Part2

A different recording; left side of stage; misses the first few minutes of Lateralus.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thankyou for this thread, MJK is a genius, I love all his music it teaches me so much. I dont know how to link or put up videos so I'll just post some of my favourite quotes from MJK if thats ok

"I just hope that our fans are people who are inspired by music, and just use our music as a background or inspiration for whatever it is they do."

"I would hope they would be our fellow artists, rather than trying to emulate or idolize clowns like us."

"I can't be a legend yet. I'm not dead."

"I believe that music is a force in itself. It is there and it needs an outlet, a medium. In a way, we are just the medium."

"Just in general, any government throughout history hasn't really wanted its people to be educated, because then they couldn't control them as easily."

And my absolute all time favourite quote;

"For me, life is writing and I can do it anywhere. It doesn't matter where I am. I listen. I write. I live."

MJK's music has been with me for the past six years, through the hard times and the best times and I will keep listening to it till I meet my grave, beyond it if its possible, its amazing because everytime I listen to most of his songs I disover a new facet/idea/concept that I hadnt before, as if every song or album is a journey in itself.... I dont know, maybe that sounds crazy, maybe I make too much of it, but I tell you what, my best art and writings and ideas come when I have Maynards music playing, its weird and its wonderful!
At the moment I am favouring the songs 'The humbling river' (I read somewhere that his son plays the cello in this one, although I dont know if this is true or not) 'Indigo Children', 'sour grapes' '46 and 2' and 'eleven', that said I love them all!!
Anyho, I'll stop gushing now, but I cant help it, if the subject of MJK comes up I can barely stop myself from going on and on and on

Great thread, s and f for ya

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Tool is awesome, Perfect Circle is good never really listened to Puscifer. But none the less Maynard is the man. He's the inspiration behind my spirituality besides some persona event through out my life. Love his lyrics very witty and intelligent.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhebefree

Well said.

'Disgustipated' (London, 7-21-1994)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67bbd49fbb9f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sober (Official Video)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Puscifer- 'The Humbling River' (Duet Mix)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/873ca9733e43.jpg[/atsimg]

'Orestes' (Demo)
Billy Howerdel's 'Orestes' Demo

Yeah. I know. It's not Maynard, but I am not breaking the rules.
I just happened to stumble into a loophole with this one, because it is on the APC 'Judith' imported single.
Besides that, it is just such an awesome song/version.

edit on 3/29/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
She's got everything I need.

Pharmacy keys.

'The Nurse Who Loved Me'
She's falling hard for me. I can see it in her eyes.
She acts just like a nurse, with all the other guys.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5f88d1b6ee4.jpg[/atsimg]
She's got everything I need.

Some pills and a little cup.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Defining
Confining

and sinking deeper

Controlling
Defining

and we're sinking deeper

'The Grudge' (Radio City Music Hall 8/13/2002)
Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go
Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go Let go

edit on 3/31/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maynard is by far one of the greatest artists of all time. Constantly defying genre, excellent vocalist & a darn good wine maker too! I hear APC is probably releasing a new album eventually. (Which I hope happens.) A Perfect Circle was always my favorite of his musical incantations.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The Humbling River is a FANTASTIC song. I wish I wrote it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnicornsAreReal
Okay I see ALOT of videos and not much being said about him, lol. I am actually not a HUGE fan of him but enough to know a little about him. I can't find the link for it right now (I'm searchin) but I remember reading on a website about three Tool songs taht when played over each other seem to sound as one. If you can lemme know which ones they were I'd really appriciate it. Or even just the video from youtube as I can't seem to find it anymore. Maybe it was just a myth but I'm sure some true MJK fans can help me out

the three songs are 10,000 days, wings for marie, and viginti tres. the 10k days and viginti tres tracks added together equal 11:13 (m:s) long, and viginti tres is alrdy 11:13 long. overlayed they, for the most part, do play together well with a cpl spots that sound a bit off. doubt it was intentional, and more of a coincidence. i have an mp3 of the mix on my pc, but nowhere to upload it.

also ty for a video of diary of a madman, i found a bootleg mp3 of it about ten yrs ago and immediately became one of my favorite songs maynard sings. the youtube vid he sings a cpl different lyrics than my version, but the instruments sound better and the visual is nice. lol

just a tidbit, the person talking in faaip de oaid (the last track on lateralus) is an actual caller from the coast to coast radio show. found a recording on youtube if anyone is interested. (not the album version, just the c2c recording)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebusiness

The Live Bootleg CD that I have, that has 'Diary of A Love Song' on it, has this pic on the cover. I assume it's probably the same version of the song that you have. I hadn't seen this other video until the day I posted it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a04f914a273.jpg[/atsimg]

'Pu$hit' (New York, 5-20-01)

Put me somewhere I don't wanna be.
Seeing someplace I don't wanna see.
Never wanna see that place again.

There's no love in fear

edit on 4/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The most valuable thread on ATS, in my opinion! The stuff with Staley is epic!

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01a46efd2d42.jpg[/atsimg]

APC- 'People Are People'
[size=-3](Depeche Mode)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df7ee2b9a135.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A kinda crappy sound quality, but a very entertaining stage performance. If you are actually reading this, then you are a fan, and I guarantee that it will be worth your time to watch this performance.

APC- 'Ashes To Ashes'
~Bowie~

My mamma said to get things done,
you'd better not mess with Major Tom.

[size=-5]The Maynard impersonators crack me up.

edit on 4/3/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have been listening to Tool and APC constantly. Maynard's voice is soo perfect to me. He is an amazing musician and person.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join